DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 308 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,721 reviews

Friendly working environment, great staff.

Work alongside friendly and cooperative staff. Daily check list duties, end of shift float close outs, face to face and phone call customer service. Guest complaints about other departments would be the hardest part, left to fix mistakes of others. Most enjoyable part is fulfilling the guests needs and making things right for them.

Depends of Franchisee

A lot of your pay and work environment will depend on the owner of the specific hotel. In my case, I will like I was a bit underpaid but I still had a great experience with very good people

Amazing

The team at the reading location are awesome. The managers truly care about you as a person. It is a very team oriented location. They train you to care about the clients but they also always have your back as the employee as well. Guests are always amazed.

Pros

Free lunch, decent pay, great management

Cons

Waiting on the next shift sometimes

I love meeting new people and hearing their stories when they come in

Meeting the guest a really amazing the people I work with are pretty awesome and supportive and though there’s new management everything is great they really work with you on a lot of things

Pros

Meeting really great people

Cons

Meeting really rude people

Management really cares!

Love working here. Everything about it is professional and makes it a great place to work! Employees are often recognized for their hard work, and management works as a team with employees, not as rulers like in other properties!

Fun

Fun work. Great people love the place nice location. Its fun to work with friends and managers are very nice and very helpful most of the time no discrimination

Mellow job with little support

The actual job isn't difficult. You show up, you clock in, you complete the work, and you usually end up with some downtime where you're LOOKING for something to do so you watch tv instead.The problem is that you aren't appreciated. There's little opportunity to move up. schedule stability comes and goes with who's making your schedule. You will get 0 support from management in dealing with guests, but you also won't get fired unless you're specifically a problem for management.after a while you feel less than human. If the pay were better, it might be different.

Pros

plentiful downtime

Cons

lack of support, terrible pay.

Do not work here

If you'd like to be treated like garbage while being underpaid to do a job nobody else wants, this is for you! Do not work here. Work anywhere else, not here.

Pros

Hotel discount at places you cant afford

Cons

Working here.

So so

Like with any place, what matters is the people you work with. Whereas half were super great, the other half was a nightmare. If you learn quickly and are perfect at the hotel business then go right ahead. If you're slow or have lots of questions, your hours will be cut. I had to pick up shifts in the breakfast area as a server/hostess for 6am shifts.

Great place to work with exciting people.

Good leadership and colleagues who know what they’re doing and care about the guests we interact. Safety and cleanliness are key. It’s a family environment not just a business or a job for almost all of the employees on staff. We really love what we do and we’re excited to do it.

Pros

Lots of inside perks

Cons

Long hours of standing. But it’s the job!

Solid workplace with a questionable complaint resolution method

No day is ever the same at the Doubletree. You will encounter many different types of guests, from the polite and respectful, to the rude and dismissive. This is, of course, not the fault of the company, but it is worth mentioning so that one is prepared to deal with such a wide variety. I've definitely been able to build a thicker skin because of it, and management seems to always be there to help if things get heated.One of the issues I have with the company is the lack of discipline in mistakes. There have been many times where I have had to take the heat for someone else's mistakes or false promises. Despite bringing it up to the upper levels, nothing seems to be done. Additionally, those same supervisors who instruct us to not make said mistakes, end up doing it themselves. It seems very hypocritical and overall only hurts my opinion of how these types of things are handled.Overall, I'd say the workplace is fairly laid back, although when the hotel is busy, you'll feel the effects. I'd recommend working here if you've got a thick skin and are level headed when it comes to busy times. However, be prepared to bear the weight of other's mistakes and have your complaints be a whisper in the wind.

Pros

Flexible schedules, decent pay, free cookies!

Cons

Poor handling of employee mistakes, lack of communication between departments, occasional heavy load due to understaffing

Not a good place to work

If you want to advance your career in hospitality then please look elsewhere for a job. The management is rude and plays favorites. No matter how hard you work it will not be appreciated, and they will expect you to regularly do things only a manager gets paid for. No lunch breaks and they will hate you if you request off.

Pros

Okay pay, benefits

Cons

Short breaks, rude management, gossip

No room for advancing/ growth with the company & no yearly raise

The general manager is running the place into the ground. He do not value his employees & the turn around rate for employment is outrageous. Employees do not get yearly raises. They do not promote from within the company

Cons

General manager do not value employees

Fun place to work, don’t burn yourself out

So much fun working at a hotel. I worked at the front desk and enjoyed meeting all the different people that came through. Hilton is a great company to work for- my managers weren’t great but loved the environment and making guest happy.

It was ok

Worse management ever but what can you do. A lot of favoritism going, it was obvious. I did too for too little pay, I had to leave & health benefits weren't that good.

Pros

Met my husband there

Cons

Worse management ever

As a worker I tried to make sure that everyone was satisfied whether it was as a customer or a coworker

The good thing about working at the Doubletree are the cookies and getting to know the your staff and all the different personalities. The bad thing about working for the Doubletree is that it puts wear and tear on you mentally and physically whether it’s a customer or coworker. You try to make the best out of each day but on some days it can be very leary at times.

Pros

Because we had a restaurant on site the pros were that we were able to have breakfast and dinner

Cons

Being on your feet the entire shift without a a break. You have to eat, drink, go the restroom in between customers

It was alright

- favoritism when it comes to schedule- if you’re not a regular employee (I was an intern), they give you an ugly schedule (based on experience)- they promote managers that doesn’t even have any idea how to operate front desk- low pay

Good job for the industry.

Hospitality can be pretty stressful, but if you have a good team it can be very rewarding and that makes the day go by easier. Of all the hotels I've worked for, I enjoyed working for Hilton the most.

Wonderful place of work and awesome training

The cookies are amazing, everyone was treated as family, was celebrated and never tolerated. And, I felt that if I did not move away? My time there, would have been much longer!

Pros

Free food, Discount rooms, No drama and great management

Relaxing

Great environment Good managers Great teamwork I love the cookies You’re like family and everyone is there with an open arm. Right by the beach (my location)

Good entry level job

It is good entry level job in hospitality. But not much room for growth due to favoritism. Team members who started after you get to learn and move up within because of being friends with the managers outside work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K