DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Pay & benefits reviews: Cook

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,694 reviews

It is a fun place to work ,They have a Great team.But sometimes you're pressure ,to Get things done in hurry.

I enjoyed working there, Actually miss working there, Only really have good things to say about when I was working there ,For me personally Had a good team.

Pros

Kitchen workers got free lunches everybody else got 50% off

Cons

We started having to take breaks, in the kitchen and we didn't have to take break, but I changed that and I really did not like the insurance.

Excellent workplace

Overall, the DoubleTree kitchen is an excellent place to work. When I started there the Chef at the time gave me the chance to prove myself seeing as I had no prior cooking experience (I was a cop for over 10 years prior). He really took me under his wing and showed me the ropes when it came to working the line in a medium volume, causal fine-dining establishment. The only reason I left was due to the pandemic. When the opportunity arose to come back things were not the same. The chef and most of the old staff had left or been reduced and the kitchen was left to be run by 1 cook and no dishwasher. It was nearly impossible to wash dishes after every plate served while still maintaining expedient ticket times with a staff of one. I don't blame the restaurant... Things changed with the pandemic and adapting has been the key. Unfortunately, I'm not with the DoubleTree any longer but I wish them, and their staff, the best of luck with their future business.

Pros

Family meal, employee lounge, full benefits

Cons

N/a

Yearly raise, 10% of ur income minimum

One of the best places and companies I've ever worked for, regret losing that job. Yearly raise regardless of performance. Room for advancement through the company.

Pros

Anyone can be a line cook, but this will transform u into much more

Cons

Not all ur managers are qualified to manage you

Great place to work. great staff great, benefits, great location great hours. Good hours and a lot of positions to work and free lunch and buffet for all staff

I got a lot of experience working there. I loved it

In general it was good to work there. They gave me a huge opportunity to learn and I appreciate it. I worked day and night and I learned every menu. I don't like working at night. Sometimes the kitchen was not very tidy, I like order and cleanliness.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

No healtcare, no benefits, no vacations.

Great place to work, a Marvelous work environment. Great benefits,.Lot's support from the management. All co-workers are very nice and supportive, they all help one another, great teamwork. I think DT is a place where everyone should have the chance to work to feel how things are done between employees and management. It was a great experience work at DT. I will never forget how I was treated there by my co-workers and Management.

Pay is fair for the job

The banquet food is the worst i have ever seen and the food and beverage director is not open to ideas to fix it. I was hired in to be a supervisor at 50 cents less per hour than i was told. Nice place to work if can ignore the food quality and ignorance of the food and beverage director, in witch I (a classically trained chef) cannot.

Pros

Pay is good for people with less experience

Cons

Drama, no healthcare benifits and very poor food quality

Good service, but a bit too stressful

I'm a veteran with a mental disability so I'm not supposed to be under too much stress, sometimes this job is a bit too much for me, but I'm persistent and endure to get my job done. I'm ready to move on to something better, besides cooking that's why I'm learning Information Technology.There are a lot of good people working here. The hotel has a lot to offer, but the bigger percent of the old staff have moved on, and the new need to learn better people skills, and learn more about their positions of what is immediately important and what is not. The first year working here was fun and I'm going on three years now.

Pros

Free lunches, paid time off, yearly raises, benefits.

Cons

stressful work environment

Great benefits

This is a good company to work for. The benefits are really great. Good work environment. Flexible hours and shifts available. Discounts on hotel rooms.

wrose place to work "the castle"

This place doesnt provide uniforms,no paid time off!, Very very low pay! Full time employees were given 4 days off and scheduled only 5 working hours per day,stay away!!!Alway short staffed.The owners are greedy they make alot money over charging for banquets but wont pay staff! They reuse food from old banquets for new banquets! Gross!!

Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton

Cook positions
See more jobs

Terrible

Horrible employees treatment and high volume of responsibilities that you never get pay for it. Also expensive health insurance plans and lock of progress.

Pros

Poor managment

Cons

Poor managment

a very fun place to work with good employees

its an ok place to work with benifits every day was a good day working with skills to advance every department was great and very professional i liked it very fun to work at with helpfull employees

Well run

This company was well run, management clearly cares about it's employees and offers great benefits and rewards. I'd recommend applying if you are new to customer service

A great place to gain experience in the culinary field

The Doubletree Portland is a fantastic place to work for a young cook that needs to gain a lot of experience in a relatively quick time frame. Though the work is challenging, spanning between banquets as well as the two restaurants, one can gain a large knowledge of dishes, as well as crucial timing for things such as banquets and dish ups. In short, this place with put any cook through the ringer, but if they are tough enough to adapt, the reward is great.

Pros

staff meal, hotel discount, full benefits after 90 days, flexible scheduling

Cons

tough to grasp at first

River walk plaza hotel was great work place to work.

friendly staff and management. great HR department, great benefits, free parking and meals, room discount, holiday family luncheon great team work with all employees and managers. great guest services

Recieved free room when needed

Management unprofessional,co-workers were not team players, I learned fine dining experience and how to present plates to guess on a fine dining level.The hardest part of the job was not knowing what you would face when you arrived to work for the day, the.Most enjoyable part of the job was serving my guess and having them praise my food that I prepared for them.

fast paced work not to much socializing

I would go in and do my job every day, Although there were so many problems with management that made it stressful for me and my servers.

Pros

free lunch, transportation help

Cons

short breaks, insurance not affordable with my pay, lot of internal problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K