DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 173 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,721 reviews

Wild Sage Restaurant Server- Satisfactory

Overall a fun place to work. You meet a ton of awesome people, with Good pay and great benefits. You learn to work with many cultural background and to effectively communicate . Restaurant management could use some more training to create an efficient and supportive team environment. Hardest part of the job is being pulled in a million directions, as this position requires you to run room service and food to Escape Manor, while serving tables in the restaurant. Management having too high of expectations. Most enjoyable part is the cultural melting pot work environment among employees.

Pros

Cheap on-job meals, 50% off food, Union based

Cons

Starting low seniority, Union based

Great place

Would work again. Only leaving due to needing full time employment and at this time the hotel can not provide this job security for me. Loved what I did there just needed more.

Banquet management

Banquet Management was exceptional, pay was not exceptional but Banquet management had no authority over pay increase when they froze pay increases for years. I loved working for our Banquet manager she did a great job. However moving into the restaurant they did a poor job in supporting workers complaints, when it came to guidance, or help in customer requests. It was extremely hard to work the floor when managers with the only key to get customers wine requests, were hard to find due to them leaving the area all the time. It made for a tough time to get things out in time, and also you had to wait to be paid for 2 weeks on all credit card tips, but you still paid out a percentage everyday to hosts, and bussers out of your pocket. Especially when you made a small amount in cash or no amount in cash that day at all. I felt they should have at least made up the difference for hours worked to compare to minimum wage on all the days we made way less than minimum wage, or tips of 20.00 or less for a full shift of cash or credit card.

Pros

Exceptional Banquet Management

Cons

Pay, raises being froze, lack of help in restaurant

Best job I’ve ever had.

I recently left another Hilton-branded property to take my current role as the lead bartender/bar manager at this property, and it’s been an extremely positive change. While of course there are some COVID-related challenges (e.g., shortages of staff in every department), I genuinely love coming to work every day. I have complete creative freedom in terms of bar selection R&D and production. And despite our hotel’s relatively small size and generally very reasonable room rates, our cocktail program and bar is absolutely top-notch. There’s only one other hotel in the market which is on par with ours in terms of bar quality, and they have double the number of rooms and usually about triple the base room rate. I am extremely proud of what I have been able to accomplish here in just a few months, especially considering constrained resources due to the unprecedented challenges the entire industry has faced over the past year and a half. Once we can get full dinner service going again, my goal is to make our bar program and bar experience the best of any Doubletree in the United States, and I think it’s very achievable.I report to the hotel general manager, and to call her awesome would be a massive understatement. I have never had a boss who is as supportive, understanding and just generally amazing as her. Anything I need to succeed, all I have to do is ask. This is a massive and positive change from my previous job, where it took weeks if not months and an absurd degree of bureaucratic red tape to get any tools, supplies or equipment needed.We also have a surprisingly high -

Pros

Excellent management, creative freedom, positive environment, supportive management

Cons

Benefits could be better

Good bartending job

Good benefits. Not always staffed appropriately. Nice atmosphere and coworkers. The clientele would vary a lot depending on conventions and what was happening in town, some times were better than others monetarily

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Short staffed quite a bit

Staff with experience

Other bartenders had a lot of experience and we're nice to work with. Food was good. All employees were nice. I liked the decoration of the bar and the restaurant

Fast pace work place and they will work you every second you are on the clock

Its a ok work place but corporate environment. they tend to over work people schedule less people to save money on labor. so they will look good when the bosses show up.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Corporate

Typical food and beverage job

Hilton is a good brand. Working as a food and beverage employee is not ideal. Management changes a lot. Often the work environment is hostile. There were 6 different kitchen managers in 3 years. There wasn’t enough supplies. We were always stealing glassware, etc from other departments. Ofttimes I had to wash my own glassware

Pros

Good travel benefits

Cons

No 401k matching, low pay, poor mgt support

Benefits are really good

Working at Hilton is like working as a family, I love this company, the customers, employees food, and the hotels discounts you get as an employee, the benefits are really good too.

The way they expect 1 person 2 do the work of 3

Management is horrible. They work u 2 death. Don't appreciate anything. When working parties , you leave one party and gi straight to the next one.

Pros

Mine was close 2 home.

Cons

Management never stands up 4 u

Great place to work. Management cared about you, we were like a family.

I loved working here. Everyone was very caring and was a fabulous family culture. Getting to know the regular guests was amazing. Very enjoyable, always happy to go to work. Health benefits were a little rough since they were from a lower cost health care carrier, but at least they were benefits.

Enthusiastic

Working in the food industry, and customer service Arena educates and forces you to be able to improvise on the spot, in order to best serve your customers. There’s so many elements to it that you don’t control, so you must learn to adjust, recalibrate, and control collateral damage in the best way possible . The double tree team and management do the best at providing you with the tools you need, to get the job done, by an upper echelon of standards . I am forever grateful to have worked there and learned everything I did.

great place

I just started there so i dont have alot to reveiw at this point.i feel like this would be a great part time job.all the empoyees are good to work with.

Pros

good hours

Cons

Fun place, excellent management and sales staff.

Recommend working here to anyone. It's fun, the company is very good at empowering their employees. Very competent sales staff and good training. Very good money.

Pros

Hotel discounts, free lunch.

Cons

Long days

good hospitality job

Overall a great job. Location is a tourist area, get to meet people from all over the world visiting local attractions. Hospitality is a job about hospitality, so work with generally nice people.

Pros

Hotels often offer great work environment

Cons

Can be stressful

What I learned

I learned how to be a faster housekeeper .. how to clean in a routine... I leaned how to work with two people to a room and laundry... washing and folding linen

Love working here!!

Really miss working here!! Was one of my favorite jobs! Can’t wait for them to open back up stupid hurricane Irma!!! It’s going to be so much better!!!

Safe and clean just not a lot of green

They don't pay as much but I've seen them hire without experience. So you can learn a lot and gain experience .I've been in hospitality for many years, so what drives me to stay? They care for your safety and wellbeing. The Hilton perks are better than most brands. Don't confuse me when I say perks, there are surprisingly little to no perks or benefits at this location. The perks are from the brand. ..

unrealistic

expect you to do more with less always say flexible but not a chance of that happening they dont want to improve their sales no matter the cost go ahead and lose money

Its a drama free work place

Everyone there is gracious and caring it makes work seem fun and enjoyable . It's rare to find an environment that immediately welcomes new people and encourages growth and is patient with the learning process

Worst job ever

The managers dont even want to be there. This hotel should be retired. There are roaches, understaffed, innaproprate workplace behavior, high turnover rate, no breaks. Just think of a dungeon and it's that place. 0/10

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K