DoubleTree by Hilton logo

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,645 reviews

Not So Great

No matter how hard you try you will never satisfy management. It is very difficult to work as a team No real encouragement You are left to your own devices

Toxic

Toxic work environment. Work politics negatively play a part in your job. Unprofessional front office staff and management. Long hours with no overtime pay.

Pros

Learning experience

Cons

Toxic work environment, bullying, low salary, high turnover for management

Wish I never set foot in the place.

They don't care about you or your family. Don't pay overtime, if you are management you have to stay and cover or come in on your days off. GM has no clue about people. Is a fake.

Pros

Lunch if you can get it. Always bad fish on Friday

Cons

Too many to list

Excellent

Great experience and fast passed environment. it far away from home and this my chances to explore more offer s and opportunities to advance in my career.

Excellent working environment and professional staff

Provided staff with benefits including food and further career development. Always follow the protocols to undergo training in WHMIS and ensure that customer were satisfied in their stay

Pros

great place to work and good rate

Cons

tiring job and slow rate increase

very good impression

good to work there as a team.learned valuable service and get many good friends. i am waiting patiently to get a job in Hilton very soon. I thank gm for the experience .

Fun workplace

Is a very buys place, I got all your hour even more. I have learned the Hilton system. I made lots of my own decision in regard rates and rooms for clients if I am not able to get the GM or any of the managers. I work well with everyone, explained other co-worker regarding payment different company. Didn't have much support from my manager. I enjoyed working there no one bothered me.

Houseperson Double Tree by Hilton Downtown

Hard very hard work Over cover duties Not hours in off . After you training you can’t have sufficient hours and they send you home for months . Maybe they called you only in emergency moments. Is not a consistent place to work ! (Housekeeping department). Rushed all the times and you have to do a heavy work in your 8 hours shift . Runner , displays in 17th floors sheets and towels, take garbages each floor, clean lobby, attend calls from guest, supervisor, room attendants, security’s at the same time, delivery to the guest requested, stripped beds, remove coffee cars each floor 17th, waters on the floors etc etc Is a over responsibilities in 8 hour shift. Plus you are not sure with the full cover hours in the shift!! You can be at home months waiting for get any hour !

Pros

Salary

Cons

Months with not hours for you

Do not work for them

This company set unrealistic targets for their security officers. Toxic management. Beware of the HR department especialy the head manager. The company practices emotional hiring/firing practices. No parking. The only pro is the salary. Between 20-21 an hour.

Pros

Salary

Cons

No work life balance. Bad management.

overtime

you can imagine many overtime but this one have the most overtime i experience so far, very tiring and i had 13 day straight work with more than 10hours of work

Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Excellent staff

good place to work with excellent colleagues. Busy place and enjoyable environment. work life balance was good and time off was given. Free lunches in staff café were good

Turn over rate is extremely high

- unreasonable work expectations are placed on employees, constantly being given other employees work to do after some one quits and no one is ever hired to replace them - expectation is to work a 10+ hour day but only paid for 8 - shamed for leaving on unpaid lunch breaks - office conditions are horrible, leaks from ceilings daily

Pros

free lunches, good employee travel program

Cons

working conditions, management, pay

worst place to work with as a night audit

People at night audit are treat you bad doesnt have moral composition to work with, they yell at you throw things at you, i you might think they are your real friends instead they are your enemies stab you behind your back they laid me off saying that i was not meeting their standard, is stead taking off for family emergency after i came back from my own dad who was bleeding out at the hospital next day they told me to come early and they canned me. this are the worst people to work with at the front desk wit got canned after 9 months gave it my all still nothing of they will deny everything blame people life little people trying to serve in toronto

Pros

work day of my life it was like night mare

Cons

hilton doesnt meet my standard to work their

Good place to work poor managment

Great place to work, management is not great. Good pay and benefits. There is a high turnover rate due to this. No opportunity to move up. Management expects unrealistic goals.

Pros

free food and pay

Cons

barely any time off and poor managment

Double Tree by Hilton

Working at the Double Tree by Hilton Downtown is very good property to work for. The experience here helps better me to deal with guest request, comments, and complaints. My co workers helped with training and supportive.

Great culture and fun to work at

busy hotel, a fun place to be, associates are very friendly and believe in the culture of the hotel. The management are very supportive and with a strong work ethics. Our associates are well engaged with our clients both internal and external. some challenges could be too much work and too little time to do them all but otherwise it is worthy to accomplish everything especially working with work colleagues who have strong sense of team work.

Pros

Free meal (taxable benefits), discounted room rates all over the world

Cons

I can't think of anything

productive,always on my feet , a lot of people interactions

It is an ok job, co workers are great very helpful with me. I gained more knowledge in computer. hardest part of the job, sometimes you are in the middle of something important tsk and you need to attend with different contractors and some repair emergencies in the hotel, so I can assign them appropriately to our respective maintenance staff.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

employees recognition not consistent.

Productive and fun

I loved working there, even though it was for co op. What I learned was working at the front desk.

Is a nice workplace to cotinue a professional career

• Controlling and monitoring suites • Providing excellent attention to guest concerns

Learnt to handle client needs with tact and diplomacy

-fast paced environment from start to finish -very tight deadlines and targets to meet but with monthly rewards for exceeding requirements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K