DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in London, ON

Company didn't take potential dangerous and violent situations seriously. I loved the co workers and the job was easy but safety was a huge concern after being threatened with a knife. They basically told me that I was overreacting.
Too many workers over worked, and yelled at because their performance suffers because of unrealistic expectations of management. Long and absurd hours of willing workers, whose efforts are not appreciated or quickly forgotten, with the only result being eventual mental breakdown, and time off work without pay.
Pros
Once in a while you get free lunch
Cons
Weekends are a must.
expect you to do more with less always say flexible but not a chance of that happening they dont want to improve their sales no matter the cost go ahead and lose money
Hot and sweaty work environment if you worked in the laundry room. Co-workers were a delight, management on the other hand, not so much. When I needed to take leave for mental health issues I was denied time.
Terrible place to work as a server. It’s unionized so everyone ahead of you takes all the good shifts. You might get scheduled for 5 shifts in a week but 24hours later you have one and it’s a Sunday night with the hotel almost empty. No team work.
Cons
Managers are “do as I say” not as I do!
stripped rooms took garbage out checked pool ares loaded towels in to the pool area and gym and used dish washer to clean glasses, check bathrooms, clean elevators, mopped floors
My Family, I will miss seeing them every day. It's a hard job but a fair one. I'm only adding filler since this job site is forcing me to say more about something than I feel I need to.
Work alongside friendly and cooperative staff. Daily check list duties, end of shift float close outs, face to face and phone call customer service. Guest complaints about other departments would be the hardest part, left to fix mistakes of others. Most enjoyable part is fulfilling the guests needs and making things right for them.
Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton