DoubleTree by Hilton logo

Dartmouth, NS3 reviews

3.4Pay & benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,645 reviews

Worked full time

It was a good place to work and I would of stayed if the hours were steady all year. I enjoyed the experience and the people were relatively easy going.

Do not work for housekeeping

Went in for an interview, she seemed so nice and guarenteed me 40 hours a week. I was, at the time, working somewhere else but she insisted I put my 2 weeks notice in and work for her so I did! The job sounded great! Enough hours to pay my bills, and she told me during the winter I would have enough hours to pull EI. Everything was fine until the 3rd day, the training wasn't even training, the lady training me didn't give me any advice on what to do and would just come behind me and re make the bed or clean the bathroom, I wasn't learning anything. I asked for a trainer that would teach me how to do my job properly and she put me off for 5 days while everyone else was working. I almost was not able to pay my rent because of this. She then had me doing a number of insignificant tasks (after I was finally scheduled in for a shift) while I was suppose to be learning the job I applied for. After 2 weeks of this I went and asked her if I was getting a new trainer and when I would be able to start doing the job I applied for, she made a bunch of obvious nonsense excuses and sent me off with the lady that cleans the hotels lobby, bathrooms etc. 3 hours later I was called into her office where she told me I was not a good fit for the job and that I was fired! (Knowing full well I had no other source of income because I left my other job for her) Afterward I found out that a guy from my orientation group had to leave because they worked him so hard he developed problems in his heart and chest. And another girl from my group left because they had her working 60 plus hours a week and was -

Pros

I dont work here anymore

Cons

Being lied to, no hours, walking on egg shells every day

working at doubletree hotel

i have learned a lot with organizing and keeping up with speed keeping myself inline. the management is great very understanding and really good to get along with. we are to attend the morning meeting everyday then make sure we have what we need for our carts, and then get on the floors and have each room done within 30 mins. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the time frame and having everything completed and cleaned in the rooms. i am a very social butterfly so i just love talking to people and helping people. i love being able to clean rooms getting more experience cleaning which never hurts to learn more of.

Pros

great work environment

Cons

time frame should be longer in the rooms

Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton