Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

dot foods job
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY9 June 2018
Not a bad job, it is challenging at certain stops.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the vacation or slow times of the year. Prepare to be in your truck Sunday-Friday night late or Saturday morning.
Culture and managers are fine. But the $ you make is if you do them a favor or are their favorite.
Pros
money
Cons
lack of time for family and friends.
High Energy People Dedicated Company
Warehouse Manager / Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Burley, ID21 May 2018
The Driver jobs are excellent.

The warehouse positions are compensated fairly.

The various leadership roles are very demanding and mostly compensated fairly.
Pros
Very Safety oriented
wouldnt recommend
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL21 May 2018
they claim to care about your and your family's needs but only care about lining their pockets you get free tshirts or sometimes a hoodie and sometimes food but not really worth what you do expectations are high and if your not a office favorite your time will be bad
Fast pace work enviroment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Burley, ID19 April 2018
The work is hard, but very rewarding. The schedules are adequate and the vacation time is nice. The culture is accepting and the environment is quick paced.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Not enought room for advancement.
Great for gaining experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK19 April 2018
I perform all aspects of a logistics warehouse from dry side to frozen side, shipping and receiving, loading and unloading, replenishment and put away, also orderselecting
Great pplace to work, great people, and fun company events!
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL5 April 2018
This was a great place to work! It was my very first job as a software developer and I learned a lot. I was able to travel for training a few times. As part of the IT department, I participated in many fun team outings and luncheons! Great company picnics each summer! I would probably still be working there if I had not moved out of state.
Pros
Great people, great working environment.
I am very happy at Dot, but with 4 days off I get a little bored
Warehouse order selector (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY4 April 2018
Dot Foods is a fast paced work environment with little time to fool around due to the fact, that you get a bonus bi-weekly based on your work performance.
Pros
You have a 3 or 4 day work week
Cons
Sometimes the long days drag
Productive, fun place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL23 March 2018
Great place to work, fun friendly atmosphere. This company strives at staying up with technology. Each department has fun days. Advancement for growth.
Pros
Food days, activities, flexible
Fantastic Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK22 March 2018
This job required employees to work in Dry, Refridge and frozen departments in a food warehouse. They give great raises and health care packages. I enjoyed working for them.
Fast paced, strict
Spotter Driver (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OK22 March 2018
Strict workplace, fast paced, long hours , mixed management understanding, stressful, good benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days, personal days, paternity leave
Pros
Vacation, sick days, paternity leave
Cons
Long hours, management understanding, fast paced
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK13 March 2018
By far the best place I ever worked, if it hadn't been for personal issues I never would have left. Great atmosphere/company culture. They provide a lot of activities/perks for employees including free lunches, company picnics and parties, etc. Everyone is very helpful and they provide a lot of training opportunities to help employees advance
quick paced
Freezer Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL3 March 2018
it is very quick paced were you have to pick so many cases and stop and hit so many lines which is hard to do but if you hit the number and actually get above what you need they compensate you for it
Pros
great pay
Cons
there was favortism
Ok place to work/ can be very stressful at times
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD2 March 2018
I guess all jobs have their pros & cons, but the main thing I never cared a lot for in the majority of my employment with Dot Foods was never knowing what time I would get off work from 1 day to the next. That was stressful for me...
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No real set working hours. Have to stay until the job is done from day to day...
Great company
Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL28 February 2018
Great company, boss just didn't believe anything anyone said, period.
AN employee could do 100 things right and keep machines up and running, however, do 1 wrong thing and its held over ones head.
Sweet Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL27 February 2018
Great Place to work and the management is top of the line. They work with all their employees and treat everyone like family. They do so much for their employees over and beyond.
Easy going fast paced place to work.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL21 February 2018
It is a great place to work if you go for the coworkers but it is hard and fast work it puts a lot of stress on your body because you are standing all night or day you never stop moving and it wears you down after awhile and it does not help with everyday life if you work nights.
productive and motivational place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL13 February 2018
Everyday you knew what you had to do to get your job done. You log on to your computer and read the order and build pallets of orders for the customers. Making sure that all machines were in working order and you and others were always safe. I loved how it was so motivational that getting numbers anytime throughout your shift, so you can strive harder to maintain 95% production. I found myself challenging against the computer numbers instead of other people.
Pros
Great Benefits, HSA is an awesome plan to be in!
Cons
Management in the office is nothing like the management in warehouse., Management in the warehouse were awesome to work with.
Poor managemen with no attention to employee problems
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NY27 January 2018
I worked at dot foods for 1 year...in the first 3 months i had a work related injury...management did not care much and the kept bugging me to go back to full duty (unload the frieght wich can take up to 10 hrs on the dock), as a result i was put on light duty and got fraction of my pay...supervisors can get so rude and disrespectful...one of them hang up the phone on me twice ...i resgined the next day.

If you like being on the dock unloading and sorting products up to 10 hrs then you can go to dot.
Face pace and fun
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK20 January 2018
Dot was one of the best warehouse jobs I work. It was fast pace but had fun while working. Had excellent benefits. Meet a lot of good people working there.
Pros
Fast pace and fun
Cons
Freezer
fast paced
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD20 January 2018
fast paced, sometimes entertaining, casual business, goal oriented, the wages are very competitive, consistently changing, updates, benefits are very appealing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dot Foods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.