Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people nice Family environment
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GA6 April 2019
Hated not knowing what i'm going to do weekly only had a 3 day window to plan activities with my family and hardly had home time . Their version of home time is bringing back their trailer to get reloaded and taking a ten hour break home and return . Home time is better done with at least 18 hours home or more so you can sleep shower eat and possibly pay a bill or two and start a fresh so a lot of the stress came from not living up too that and always using the same excuse they don't got no help so they got to overwork you and run you into a grave.
Pros
pay
Cons
Every time you have to go to near miss points of delivery, where you can get into easy accidents. plenty of places you deliver are for box trucks and day cabs.
management was horrible
stocker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, IN28 March 2019
managment was very poor - did not listen to others - and would not take recommendations of the floor workers. had great working relation ship with other workers
Excellent company
National Account Mgr./Supermarket Channel (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL22 March 2019
Excellent company. Every day/week travel within the entire country was excessive.

Ran a unique division within the organization.

Covered the entire country.
Pros
Travel, perks, compensation, culture, strong company
Cons
Excessive Travel entire country every week
This was prolly the best job I ever had I miss working there
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD21 March 2019
When I worked here I started off part time and proved myself then got hired on full time I started off picking and then went to driving narrow isle and forklift and learned loading
Pros
I never woke up bummed that I had to goto work
Cons
Working in the freezer it would get really cold but tolerable
Not recommended
CDL Class A Driver touch freight otr (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GA13 March 2019
I like most of my bosses, the benefits and 401k is great. The people I work with are awesome. However the management and culture is poor. They are not driver freindly. You will not make much working for this company. You do a lot of sitting. Dot foods will pay a lumper 600 to 900 dollars to break down a load and will make you work just as hard for only a small percentage of that. The loads are getting worse and worse, also they take care of the 3rd party contract drivers better than they're own employee. You will work holidays. I do not recommend this place, if you work here it's probably temporary. Even driver trainers and driver's who been here 10 plus years tolerate this job
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Poor pay, no home time
Recommend
Dispatcher/ gate station (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZ6 March 2019
Everyone was friendly. One of the best jobs I’ve ever held! I guess it also depends on the location of where you’re at. Overall I enjoyed that job very much.
401K was a plus.
Non Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NY25 February 2019
Extremely cold environment. Excessively long hours. High turnover rate. Never knew how long of a day would be. Teamwork was very good. Management had lack of compassion for employee considerations.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely cold environment
Dot Foods
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK21 February 2019
Dot Foods was a great company to work for to get my foot in the door for long haul driving I liked the facked I unloaded and loaded my own trailer made for great work out
dispatch problems
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL10 February 2019
You only have time to maybe eat a meal a day and maybe a shower a week.There is a lot of times where you run out of drive time or it is close enough you do not have time to go to the bathroom.
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, IL8 February 2019
Nice job,great benefits and great peoplr for management I liked the hours and the time off when needed,also flexability of the schedule of hours you wanted to work
Cons
Drive to and from work
Great place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA3 February 2019
Great company to work for good hours and good pay. Great benefits very family orientated company cares about its employees. Nothing bad to say about this company.
Great Family Company
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL29 January 2019
Family oriented company, that is very accommodating to different schedules. Pay and benefits are good for the area. Christmas Party will blow your mind.
Benefits
Cons
Lifting boxes
Lack of consistency
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL21 January 2019
There is no consistency throughout the sales department. They make up stories to get you out of there. I have seen it done to a warehouse employee and they did it to me.
Enjoyed but was only a temporary job for me
full-time warehouse order selector (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN17 January 2019
Great environment and welcome a diverse group of people. Safety is number 1 on their list across all fields. Were very helpful with allowing me to be off for the birth of my son. Starting pay was good with the potential to make production for a bonus. Management tries their best to get you the answers or help you need to succeed in the company. Highly reccomend Dot Foods as an employer.
Stressful
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, IL5 January 2019
Job wasn't to bad just worked you to death and really not family oriented they want you there all the time you'll never have time for your family didn't give enough sick time and doesn't take in consideration when you have an family emergency
Very stressful and very fast paced
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NY5 January 2019
Dot Foods is a very good company in whole. Working at the Liverpool warehouse has a very negative attitude with all employees miserable due to the extremely high expectations of management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very negative enviroment
I left this job because I had to move to another state
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL4 January 2019
As an order selector, I used the forklit equipped with a scanner and furrowed different compartments in the floor to collect orders from customers and thus constituted pallets to be deposited at the door for deliveries. In a cold environment and very well protected by equipment provided by the employer. The work was very interesting
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Great pay insane work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  University Park, IL3 January 2019
Great paying job since I make 20 an hour as a new hire (I get paid differential due to working 3 12 hour shifts) Other then that though work is very hard, non stop and really takes a major toll on you. You must hit ur production rate and keep that percentage at 95% or higher otherwise you can get in trouble.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours, short break, very hard on the boy and just stressfull
Great pay and good benefits
Regional truck driver (6x3) (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY22 December 2018
This company does offer a very good benefits package and very nice pay rate. Most of the time the company will work with you if you have any issues. However, if you have a family or like any type of consistency, this is not the company for you. Warehouse is lazy and uncoordinated, constantly messing up truck loads. Your home time is sporadic, if you get it at all. Be prepared to work whenever they need you...oh and say goodbye to almost every holiday.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Little home time, warehouse makes drivers jobs harder than needed
Cold and hot climate takes a toll on your body
Ammonia service texh (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK16 December 2018
Cold I. The summer. No real breaks Cold in the winter and hot I. The summer. No real breaks. 12 hour days 2 15 min breaks and 30 min for lunch. Boring work but the people were great to work with \

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dot Foods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.