DoorDash
Coronavirus update
Information from DoorDash:

DoorDash Pay & benefits reviews

Canada95 reviews
Some improvements are always needed.. perks like some holiday and retirement plans could be implemented. ... Saving. Different insurance to choose by dashers
Pros
Independence
Cons
Security
If you live in Moncton I don't recommend you to apply, you will never get a chance to schedule a dash. All the schedules are taken away by the seniors who can schedule earlier then beginners. So i just ended up not getting any schedules.
Pros
Self directed
Cons
too competitive
the worst job ever. average 1 hour per delivery. you get under paid. the company take advantage from customer, if customer pay tips, they can pay driver less, even customer pay tips, very mimium, 2-3 bucks plus 3-4 dollars company pay you, you are looking at 6-7 bucks per delivery. you are responsible for your own cost as well. this job give you no security at all.
Pros
no pros
Cons
dozens
This app pays very little for high KM. You will spend more money than you make. Most days you can't even schedule because they have too many drivers for the area. Inconsistent, support is not useful, unfair payment, too much driving compared to payout.
By the time I stopped driving the deliveries i'd get were an average of $4-6.50 for over 20km of driving then having to drive the same distance back, I was making 1 delivery an hour due to this.

DOOR DASH OPERATES ILLEGALLY AS THEY DO NOT REQUIRE THEIR DRIVERS TO HOLD AN ALCOHOL DELIVERY LICENSE YET SEND ALCOHOL DELIVERIES. You can personally get in trouble for this.
Cons
Low pay, illegal operations, hard on car
0 support for drivers and restaurants. I arrived at the restaurant, they had no order placed even though my screen had an order available. They couldnt reach customer service neither could i because calling feature is suspended because of covid, and app chat is unavailable. The resolution through ‘help’ says place order so i waited at the drive through again, placed the order, then red card was declined. Restaurant was able to reach customer service by phone while i was still at the pick up window. The man on the phone said he loaded my card, but again decline. Declined again and again. Cars behind me were lining up. I was frustrated. Restaurant employee was frustrated. Customer never got their food. Man on the phone hung up. 30 min i wasted with $0 compensation. I will make sure i post this on every door dash review platform.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
They makes claims about 23 an HR which are complete fabercasion. Not enough .orders to go around and low pay even with premiums. Not worth the gas money
Pros
Cons
Low pay, not enough orders, scam customers, no support
Similar to Uber but a bit less structured You can work your own schedule The reason I want another job is because they arbitrarily lowered driver’s pay If not I am ok
I have been driving for door dash for the past 3 weeks. I make about $300 weekly before gas. I have done 115 orders in that time. By no means am I getting rich but I am def making money! Which is a nice supplement to my other income. I find that I am always busy, I never have to wait very long to get an order. The other reviews that are saying things like this clearly work in a different market. Vancouver is very busy all the time!
Please do not waste your time and energy on this, very little pay! I made 14 dollars in 2 hours! What a joke! Don’t know what else I should say! Nothing is good!
its high risk using your own sources to get pay just a under minimum wage because at the end of 6 months the vehicle will consume all revenue gather from door dash, THEY MAKE IT LARGE u make the left over
What I notice lately is Doordash decreasing its base pay if the customer tips. Also on Fridays when doordash has a promo for $5 extra per delivery they dont give you $5 per delivery, what they do is reduce its base pay to accommodate the bonus. The flexibility is what's good and just gotta be selective to make money.
PROS: Working on your own time
No boss

Meeting people

Almost everything tax write off

CONS: Buying more gas often

Pay your own taxes
not enough money for a living....it does not cover expenses.....a lot of editions..Lots of fuel money...he does not pay for a day off...and..sick money.
very easy , make your own hours.easy going nothing to hard barely have to deal with mangement hardest part of the job is nothing most enjoyable part is being paid, i learned time mangement at this company
If you are very rich and very bored and wanna kill some time driving back and forth like an idiot with food for a less than minimum an hour then this job is for you.
Not worth the hassle. Nearly 50 pecent of your income goes to gas. So you make between 100-200 dollars on full tank of gas depending on your car. It's not worth it unless you have a fuel efficient car.
I could give zero star rating to this company if there’s an option. You’ll only get paid for your gas expens. That’s quite funny. Never recommend working at this company. They only pay you $2 for a 15 kilometres delivery.
I guess if you like a high risk situation and low pay then this might b ok for you. If u can go hard in bad weather then you can do ok, but in good weather you might not make much.
I did 140 deliveries for DoorDash Canada in Surrey British Columbia.
Now keep in your mind that Surrey has a population of over 400,000 people. Down below are the pros and cons of working for DoorDash:

Pros:

1. Flexible work hours

2. Flexible work locations

3. You basically don't have a boss, you are your own boss.

4. Weekly payments.

Cons:

Very low compensation. For the most part, the wage is lower than minimum wage.
2. A lot of down time. For the most part you are gonna wait between 10 to 25 minutes to get a dash.

3. Lots of long distant deliveries. The app doesn't care where you are and how far a delivery is. Although after each delivery you let the app know if you are satisfied with the distance you've driven to deliver an order or not, but still you are gonna get a lot of very long distant deliveries.

4. Don't even imagine working at DoorDash can pay your bills. At least half of your income goes to gas money and car maintenance.

5. I did 140 deliveries and I never got any tip from a customer, except for 1 time that a customer tipped me 2 dollars. I am not sure if this is how people are in Surrey or it is the same everywhere else.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend working at DoorDash for a long time, don't treat it as a full time job. If you are out of pocket money for the day, then DoorDash would be a good option.
This is my experience with Door dash-
Only got two orders in TWO hours at Lunch rush. There was not enough orders to make any $.

This job is only worth it IF you can get 2-3 deliveries in an hour.

They promise you will make 24 dollars an hour. Which is not true. I have nothing good to say about this company.
was not good they don't pay for your gas even if the ordered was canceled and driving around all over the city for a $10 order was not fair. they don't care if you get in a crash on the job