DoorDash

DoorDash Employee Reviews

Found 140 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,100 reviews

Depends on the area and time

If you're lucky to get to the onboarding for a busy enough area, it could take a few days before you're actually on the road making money.You want to take every offer possible at first, to get used to how it works and try to build your ratings. Depending on your area, you may want to get yourself into the "Top Dasher" program. In my area, it was good to do that because it was hard to get in on the bigger money that comes with daytime orders from places like Chinese food and finer dining, because nobody tips lately for fast food. Also, the schedules are booked on those good time slots, but Top Dashers can dash any time.For me, I like doing late nights and early mornings. Dashing pays less than skipping, but Dash has become good filler for me when Skip is booked solid or having a slow night.

Pros

Checking out new restaurants, no boss, quick interactions

Cons

Doesn't pay the greatest, nobody tips because you leave stuff at doors

Easy way to make extra cash. Not a real job. Nobody could survive with DoorDash as their only career

You’re paid minimum wage basically. If you’re looking to make more than $400 a week than DoorDash is not for you. And keep in mind you’re paying for gas and any other vehicle maintenance not paid for by DoorDash. The average order pay out is about $4 minus gas is about $2. I only do DoorDash if I’m hurting for money. Not a real job.

Pros

Pick your own hours

Cons

No financial stability

Fun job

Enjoyable job while choosing your own hours. It’s great part time work for evenings and weekends, the pay is decent but you’ll see more profitably with a fuel efficient vehicle.

Pros

Choosing your own hours

Cons

Putting miles on your vehicle

Very competitive

You will be lucky to be able to get orders after your first two weeks on pei. That don't make it worth your time in charlottetown. It's never busy because there's at least 15 other people working at the same time

Cons

No orders to many people delivering

Managed Poorly

Order times set by restaurants. They have no knowledge of other orders and travel times when doing so. This often gave drivers impossible delivery times.Dispatchers to busy to be able to respond to issues in a timely fashion. Often had to repeat the issue to 2 or 3 different people prior to issue being resolved.Scheduler wasn't competent and didn't give people preferences as requested on When I Work. Expected to be directly messaged as well as posting in other chat channels and on When I Work. Very redundant.Scheduler often messaged late at night (1 to 3am) about scheduling and other issues without regards to waking people up. I was unable to mute to allow for others to contact me in case of emergency. Management backed this unprofessional behavior.Delivered in a rural community. This often allowed for a scheduled 8 hour shift with only less than 5 deliveries per shift.

Pros

Some scheduling flexibility

Cons

Few deliveries, poor organization

Very progressive company, was great to work there

No complaints from me, the company had a very progressive element to it and I loved it. They delegated big responsibilities but that was part of the fun. They believed in their employees to tackle problems that could be considered out of their league.

Pros

Paid lunches

Cons

Location job security

Too low of pay

Not worth your time. Not even able to cover expenses let alone pay anything for time on top of that. Highly not recommended, I also quit using this service for ordering out as it is a bad deal for all parties involved except doordash

Pros

Cons

Losing money

Be your own boss

Doordash is a job you ideally have as a side hustle. You're your own boss. You make your own hours and do however much delivering you want. Its all up to you. You're not rolling in dough. But its extra cash

Pros

Extra cash

Cons

Long hours, a lot of gas

out and about delivering food socializing

It's an opportunity to work on my free time at this difficult time covid 19. I am earning some money at the same time get me out the house interact with business owners and customers. Most of dash drivers are new immigrants lack of manner, language, social skills and inconsiderate. Other than that door dash help line and the app are awesome. Thank you so much I could pay off my debut and helped me with my mental health. Keep doing what you are doing.

Pros

get me out, earn some income, socialize and discover resturants

Cons

other dashers, some unpleasant customers and some low offers

Good work for a side job

I’ve been working for DoorDash for almost 6 months and it is a great job for a part time job or a side job but if you want to work full time with this job it does not pay super well. Tips are never guaranteed and uses a lot of gas.

Pros

Choose your own hours

Cons

Underpaid, uses a lot of gas

Jobs at DoorDash

See more jobs

Unfair pay and poor system

I'm a driver. The pay is really low and the pay per order is mostly not making sense in my area. They rush you to the store to wait even the store hasn't confirm the order yet. However, if you are late to store, they'll count you as contract violation to deactivate your account as punishment, so as late to customer. And the time is tight as well making you feel stressful. They charge to store if they are making the food late but they don't compensate the driver for long waiting. So you'll make less than minimum wage working for this company. This company is maximizing their profit while treating their employees not as human. Also, their system sucks and always have technical issue to make you frustrated.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, stressful

Good Side Hustle

In my opinion, it is very hard to work this job full time. Keep it as a side hustle and it should work out great. Keep in mind the wear to your vehicle when factoring in your salary.

Bad experience

This job is not a real job, it is just the worst experience in my life, you loose your time for literally nothing. Bad dasher help service

Fun Work, but good luck getting shifts

In my area of Medicine Hat, the last thing we need is new drivers - it’s extremely difficult getting good shifts, and they don’t schedule them, it’s just free-for-all. Compared to other delivery companies in the area, this one can be very slow and income is hit and miss - I’ve had some shifts where I’ve made only enough to cover my gas and that’s it. Don’t consider working this job if you’re looking for full-time income.

Pros

Flexible shifts, fun work environment, company perks

Cons

Low income, lack of shifts, too many drivers.

Fast paced with too mant people working at a time

You have to work in the big cities in order to get a lot of deliveries if you don't you have too many people involved in delivering at the same time.

Great job with high flexibility

Great side gig that could also work full time. When it’s busy then you can make pretty decent pay.If you like being out and about and travelling then it’s prefect for you. However, your vehicle needs to be pretty gas efficient

Pros

Flexibility and the fact that you answer to no one

Cons

Wear and tear of vehicle, gas comes out of pocket

Pay is Low, No Benefits, But Work When You Want

All in the title.Pay is sometimes extremely low (ie drive 12 km for $3 payout on top of waiting for food and driving time is minus expenses will certainly yield less than minimum wage)You’re also a contractor so no benefits of the sort. Even UBER eats has some benefits for their drivers such as discounts.But you can work as much or as little as you like (as long as shifts are available, in my area it’s rare)

Pros

Free Time

Cons

Low pay

Easy to do

Salary depends on how busy it is. Don't pay you per hour. They pay you only for each delivery and its not the same amounts everytime. Fun to do in spare time and make some extra cash but i don't recommend it as your only income.

Pros

Easy, relaxed, fun

Cons

Dont pay your hourly

easy job but not paying enough

the job is easy, you choose when you work and for how long. I would say its a side job for extra cash. Its not paying a lot and sometimes you wont get orders for 45 minutes or get one for 6$(which its not worth it). Also you need to pay for your own gas and car maintenance so be aware. So overall i would give it a 4/5 stars mostly for the schedule and being your own boss.

Pros

choosing when and how long you want to work

Cons

pay your own gas and car maintenances

A helpless man's option

Pick your own hours. Work at your own pace. This job provides that level of flexibility.However, the pay is no where close to what is advertised. You hardly make enough money working all day especially after deducting the kms driven (car depreciation) and the fuel cost. Often more kms result in more maintenance required for your vehicle.All three factors combined you're making much less than minimum wage.*Not worth it at all.*

Pros

Flexible schedule. Work at your own pace and convenience.

Cons

Much less than minimum wage earnings

fun workplace

Many times is hard because you have to work outside all timeI like because you are the owner of you time, if you want to do more money then work more time

Pros

You decide when working

Cons

In some deliveries you must drive long distance more than 20 Kms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1.3K
1K

2.6Job security/advancement

Compare DoorDash with

• DoorDash
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?