DoorDash

Canada26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,356 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

Very flexible

Good side job since you are able to choose your own hours. Pay is alright and customers are generally very nice. Whenever there's an issue with an order, DoorDash reimburses you and is not a tedious process.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Irregular demand

You are on your own

Customer support is terrible, you can call with a concern and get the run around, with no one listening to your concerns as a driver. Call backs from the ever unavailable supervisors never happen. As a driver for doordash you are at the bottom of their hierarchy and no one cares. I would advice to work with the other delivery apps if looking to get into it.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Terrible customer support, Lack of respect for drivers concerns and opinions

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Stick to skip

This doesnt pay, shifts are readily available but the orders simply don't pay enough, they regularly want you to drive 20 minutes out of your delivery zone for a few dollars it's completely not worth it even on the side. Stick to driving for skip

Unreliable App

Frequent app issues which sometimes make you unable to do orders for several hours, but overall I still enjoy the job. I like how I don't have to accept orders when they're sent to me and they occasionally stack orders. The promos are especially great for stacked orders. I don't like how they want drivers to go through the bag of food and confirm everything is there, most restaurants staple the bag shut so you can't do it anyways. Restaurants hate doordash because they send the drivers way too early. If you want to be a doordash driver, it's best to do it along with another app for when it's not busy

Very costly to drive for them.

You Have to buy your own bags before you start, you have to purchase the gas, and pay to maintain your own vehicle out of your pocket. It's very flexible however, which is good.

Driver

Good work. Good compensation. Drive a economy vehicle tho. Food gets dropped off and you get wired the cash instantly roghtafter and it keeps building. I drove a cobalt and it got approved as a valid type of vehicle.

Good part time job

This job isnt worth it you put a lot of miles on your car and with gas prices going up the money you will make is very low for full time worker. Only good if it’s a second job to make extra money

Pros

Your own boss

Cons

Yup dependent

Impossible living wage

Impossible living wage distance asked to travel and time it takes is impossible to make up what they have said is your hourly wage. Forced to take deliveries that are far for no pay meaning you are literally paying out of pocket for gas or you get penalized

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Impossible living wage

Too low of pay

Not worth your time. Not even able to cover expenses let alone pay anything for time on top of that. Highly not recommended, I also quit using this service for ordering out as it is a bad deal for all parties involved except doordash

Pros

Cons

Losing money

Unfair pay and poor system

I'm a driver. The pay is really low and the pay per order is mostly not making sense in my area. They rush you to the store to wait even the store hasn't confirm the order yet. However, if you are late to store, they'll count you as contract violation to deactivate your account as punishment, so as late to customer. And the time is tight as well making you feel stressful. They charge to store if they are making the food late but they don't compensate the driver for long waiting. So you'll make less than minimum wage working for this company. This company is maximizing their profit while treating their employees not as human. Also, their system sucks and always have technical issue to make you frustrated.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, stressful

easy job but not paying enough

the job is easy, you choose when you work and for how long. I would say its a side job for extra cash. Its not paying a lot and sometimes you wont get orders for 45 minutes or get one for 6$(which its not worth it). Also you need to pay for your own gas and car maintenance so be aware. So overall i would give it a 4/5 stars mostly for the schedule and being your own boss.

Pros

choosing when and how long you want to work

Cons

pay your own gas and car maintenances

Didn’t get enough orders

There is no much orders in my area. But doordash keeps posting driver position and no orders. If you want to just work for doordash in here it’s not a good idea. And the pay is not much to pay my gas.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay, no orders

Stay away from it.

Probably the worst food delivery company to work for. the pay is absolutely misleading and consider yourself lucky if you even get $10 an hr. I worked for them for a while now and taking home $50 is considered a good day of work. unless on weekends it's $80 max. and if you factor in gas, etc. you'll end up with barely any profit. don't bother wasting your time with them there's better options I'm sure.

Pros

Work with your own time.

Cons

The Salary.

Good if you do not want to make alot of money.

It is good being your own boss but the money is not there steady. The thing i found was you drive for 6 hours and make 56 dollars so you are not making even minimum pay. And then the cost of running your car for the hours you work. I suggest making this a part time job for extra money.

Pros

You are your boss

Cons

Not steady money

Not a bad side-gig

I have actually had times where I have made more than $23/hr, but usually $15-18/hr, no taxes comes off! Pretty easy, but you have to be checking the app regularly to sign up for a time slot; occasionally you'll get a notification that it's busy and they need drivers.Customer service, though, is not the brightest and don't seem interested in helping. They're nice, but very dismissive. It seems like you make more money per order with DD as opposed to skip, and skip makes you pay for your background check & bags, $70, whereas DD does not, it's all included!!

Pros

Work whenever you are available

Cons

Constantly checking for time slots, not a lot of orders

Not worth it

I joined Doordash around one year ago in Niagara falls ontario area. The payment rate is very very low (Below 9/hour ) DO NOT BELIEVE THE NIMBERS .The following will be deducted:1- Taxes2- Gas3- Car Maintenance4- Your health5- Your mental status6- YOUR ALTERNATOR WILL BE DESTROYED FROM MANY TURN ON-OFFS, everything became so expensive after covid-19 , yet They do not respect what they told me many months ago that the minimum payment was $ 9 per order, I still get looooow orders for 6-8 dollars . It is not worth it, I changed my alternator (fFor $ 550 CAD ) because of frequent turning on and off the engine at least three times per order ( To pickup , turn off , then on - After drop off, turn off then turn on , if wrong address, turn off then on . Total turn on per day if 8 orders will be around 16-20 turn on per day as compared to two times only if you do 9-5 security or mcdonals minimum wage job , which I found way better as a total benefits, medical , dental , relax, no traffic , no hassles . It is not worth it This Doordash is good if any applies:If you have zero skillsIf you have no soft skills at allIf you do not speak English and have zero experience If you wanna make around 5-6 /hr (After all deductions)Then this is for you . Good luck !!

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

More traffic tickets, Destroy your car, below minimum wage

Unorganized, terrible service for drivers

0 support for drivers and restaurants. I arrived at the restaurant, they had no order placed even though my screen had an order available. They couldnt reach customer service neither could i because calling feature is suspended because of covid, and app chat is unavailable. The resolution through ‘help’ says place order so i waited at the drive through again, placed the order, then red card was declined. Restaurant was able to reach customer service by phone while i was still at the pick up window. The man on the phone said he loaded my card, but again decline. Declined again and again. Cars behind me were lining up. I was frustrated. Restaurant employee was frustrated. Customer never got their food. Man on the phone hung up. 30 min i wasted with $0 compensation. I will make sure i post this on every door dash review platform.

Pros

Non

Cons

Many

Good way to make some extra money!

I have been driving for door dash for the past 3 weeks. I make about $300 weekly before gas. I have done 115 orders in that time. By no means am I getting rich but I am def making money! Which is a nice supplement to my other income. I find that I am always busy, I never have to wait very long to get an order. The other reviews that are saying things like this clearly work in a different market. Vancouver is very busy all the time!

terrible companies to work for

its high risk using your own sources to get pay just a under minimum wage because at the end of 6 months the vehicle will consume all revenue gather from door dash, THEY MAKE IT LARGE u make the left over

Flexible schedule and decent pay

What I notice lately is Doordash decreasing its base pay if the customer tips. Also on Fridays when doordash has a promo for $5 extra per delivery they dont give you $5 per delivery, what they do is reduce its base pay to accommodate the bonus. The flexibility is what's good and just gotta be selective to make money.

They do not pay you

They don't care they give you the longest deliveries ever and pay nothing. Example 5km to the store then 15 to the destination outside of my town for $7.00 didn't even pay the gas. Then they hold my pay. FOR NO REASON..TERRIBLE SUPPORT THEY DON'T CARE

Pros

Cons

All don't work for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement