DoorDash

Canada95 reviews

Found 95 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,369 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

Seeing the sights

Achieve top dasher status to work whenever you want. Lots of bad orders at first but as long as you can get roughly 1 dollar per km the offers and customers are much better nicer and of quality

Great if you need extra income but don't have childcare

I like the flexibility and the extra income. It is a huge benefit that I can take my kid with me, as most places won't accommodate my schedule with him right now. He's learning about good work ethics Door Dashing with me which is a bonus.

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Only good as a side job

You'd never make a living off this job. There are only certain hours of the day that are available to you, plus the cost of gas takes up over half your paycheque. Lots of wear and tear on your vehicle, the base pay is pathetic, hardly anyone tips and the dasher app is constantly having issues

Pros

You get to work at your own pace

Cons

Bad pay, cost of gas and vehicle maintenance, app is terrible

Wasting time & Recourses for super low pay orders

The primary culture of the company is how to rip off drivers as much as possible with trashy orders driving miles & miles for sometimes 5$ and lower. I once get an order for 3$ to drive 10+ km! which no one with 0.0 IQ will accept. I have worked as a side hustle for about a year, and I can tell it is becoming worse and wasting time every day!

Pros

You work on your own schedule

Cons

Extremally low pay compare to your running expenses and gas

It was a good side job

I started back in peak covid when gas wasn't super expensive and I could make about $50-$140 on a Friday night excluding expenses. Now that gas is too expensive, I've resorted back to my full-time job as customers are tipping minimal amounts and I lose money when working.

Relaxed and flexible

Very fun part time gig or for some on the side income but they don’t offer benefits or clear hours. Customers don’t usually tip and the pay can be really good or not much at all. 1099 means you have to pay your own taxes and employers don’t cover the other 7%

Base rates

Currently gas prices are high along with rising inflation the pay is not up to mark to meet the cost of daily living. If you are using 2.5L (vehicle) or above for delivery then its average. If your vehicle is under 1.6L, then you can save.

Pros

Work at your own pace and timing

Cons

Base rate is low

Good place

I like this work and this company. The company care about their workers. They listens you and makes a difference if needed! Great company!

Not consistent income

You set your own hours if you're lucky enough that there are shifts available. Getting on the schedule can be very difficult if there's a lot of drivers in your area. Can make fast money. No interview. Bag and background check were free. Not a consistent source of income. Should definitely have another job or be on more than one delivery app.

Pros

Set own hours

Cons

Might not get shifts

Decent side gig.. that’s about it

Just good for a side gigSometimes can be slow if you aren’t a top dasher which is pretty difficult to maintain if you don’t like making long trips that don’t pay very well.

Work for youy

Your own hours and lots of money. If you work long hours you make food money. Love not waking up to someone else and doing me. Would recommend if you don’t mind miles

good

good, you have a vere flexible time table, and their pay is very fair, the more you work, the more you get paid. Not one is suprevisering you, you are your own boss.

Stressful but pays

Customer support sucks. You don't get paid if an order takes longer to be made or if there's traffic. You need delivery insurance(expensive), and sometimes you make little money. Also takes a while to know the area and what orders to take and places to avoid.

Good for extra cash

You cant live off of just this, but its good for when you need extra. Pick your own schedule, but not guranteed orders during that time. Have to maintain a good rating.

Good for what it is

This job is what you make of it. You can pick your own hours and choose where to work. Naturally, the pay isn't great because it is easy. Better a side gig than a full-time job.

Variable pay

Your pay depends mostly on tipping customers and consistently busy times. They also don’t provide any tax documentation besides keeping track of your weekly earnings

Pros

Extremely flexible hours

Cons

No direct feedback

Great place

I love working at doordash. Only if I had atesla would it benefit me immensely. Gas is expensive and most of the money goes to gas. But customers tip a lot so you do make a profit.

No enough money

I only recommend doordash if u have lots of spare time and want to waste it. Then it works out well for u! Priority only is given to full time dashers and they can dash anytime, anywhere. Buy part time dasher don't have that flexibility and have to kill themselves to get orders.

Pros

It used to be way better in the beginning way I joined, I was getting orders after orders for hours. Now, if I am lucky, I could get an order, All I know what has changed is the app and the algorithm that they use

Cons

Low base pays, lack of orders, hiring too many people easily which reduce your chance of getting adequate amount of orders

Good job

Explore cities get out of the house make some money. Flexible Own boss Contractor Enjoyable work Peak pay opportunities Hourly wage after expenses not great High gas prices Demanding customers

Easy gig

Easy gif where you set your own schedule. Pay can be great if you schedule yourself for peak times. Merchants have been nice and helpful with me. Would recommend

Flexible hours

I do this part time to supplement my full-time job. Love the flexibility. Weekends and evenings are the busiest times I get lots of support from the company when a problem arises It is fun to do as a part time job.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not consistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement