DoorDash

Courier Driver17 reviews
Canada17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,356 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

Need more restaurants in my area

I love to doordash but with the amount of dashers there is very little orders, some days I only make 5.00 per hour.People generally seem happy having the service available. I live in a smaller town so it's not very busy.

Didn’t enjoy

They need to have a way to see the estimated size of the order. It was alright, and mostly easy enough. Some nice features for when travelling as well.

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Can be hard to be worthwhile.

Depends where you live but some areas like Saskatoon you won’t get much work, not many time slots to book, gas is over priced now and nobody tips these days.

Work with your own time

Customer service is very helpful. Evenings and weekends are the best time to work. It’s best to have a partner if you’re working in the downtown and midtown area because of parking ticket officers. Other than that, it’s fun to work

Fun Work, but good luck getting shifts

In my area of Medicine Hat, the last thing we need is new drivers - it’s extremely difficult getting good shifts, and they don’t schedule them, it’s just free-for-all. Compared to other delivery companies in the area, this one can be very slow and income is hit and miss - I’ve had some shifts where I’ve made only enough to cover my gas and that’s it. Don’t consider working this job if you’re looking for full-time income.

Pros

Flexible shifts, fun work environment, company perks

Cons

Low income, lack of shifts, too many drivers.

Pay is Low, No Benefits, But Work When You Want

All in the title.Pay is sometimes extremely low (ie drive 12 km for $3 payout on top of waiting for food and driving time is minus expenses will certainly yield less than minimum wage)You’re also a contractor so no benefits of the sort. Even UBER eats has some benefits for their drivers such as discounts.But you can work as much or as little as you like (as long as shifts are available, in my area it’s rare)

Pros

Free Time

Cons

Low pay

Productive not very much.

The company has a mediocre policy procedure. They don't focus on what can happen for a contractor driver while carrying a customer goods, they only focus on time pick up and drop off time. Even if the restaurant delays you or road problem due to weather or mechanical issues they don't care about that.

Pros

Good offer, and responsive

Cons

Pick up and drop off time. They have poor judgment on their rating scores.

Worst company ever

Watch out!!! Most shady company ever. Will just randomly deactivate you without informing you or even bothering to explain why you have been deactivated. I had always been on time with my deliveries then out of nowhere when I came back from a short trip. The app tells me I have been deactivated and check you email. It gave me an option to appeal and now its over a month since I heard back from any of thwm. These giys are the worst!!!

Cons

Awfully low pay, will force you to wait, at restaurants without any compensation even when the restaurant messes up your order, you are responsible

More Mileage used and Paid less than $1 per km

It is true that you may reach $23/hr during busy time but there’s a catch. You will never get paid more than $1 per km and distance was an average of 10-12km per order. And I doubt that they give the whole tip because you never get paid more than $15 or maybe customers don’t tip because of high fees. The annoying part for the drivers is you have to check everything they ordered even they paid it online. No transaction reference only by name of customer.

Pros

Extra Income, schedule flexibility

Cons

More mileage used, paid less than $1/km, checking items ordered.

Ok but not great money

Similar to Uber but a bit less structured You can work your own schedule The reason I want another job is because they arbitrarily lowered driver’s pay If not I am ok

Less orders and low pay

I could give zero star rating to this company if there’s an option. You’ll only get paid for your gas expens. That’s quite funny. Never recommend working at this company. They only pay you $2 for a 15 kilometres delivery.

Fun but dangerous

I guess if you like a high risk situation and low pay then this might b ok for you. If u can go hard in bad weather then you can do ok, but in good weather you might not make much.

Very difficult to make a profit

You will get orders for 5+ kilometres that pay less than $3. Keep in mind that distance is calculated from the restaurant to the customer and doesn't include additional kilometres travelled to come back. Gas is expensive, you'll need to keep up with routine car maintenance. Oil changes will become more frequent. Yes, the job offers loads of flexibility but that's not worth the lack.of profitability.

Tips detoured

When paying the courier, DD uses customers’ tips to save money. Based on distance and other things, DD sets an amount to pay to dasher, then, if there is any tip, DD only pays the difference; the tip is not added to the initial amount. So, if a customer tips, DD pays less and the final amount is about the same. The effect is the same as stealing the tip. Although, as they say, ‘the dasher gets all the tip’, there is no benefit for the dasher; only the distribution of the provenance of money changed, not the amount. Tipping online allows them to spend less and the tip goes to their profit; better not to tip and let them pay; or, if customers want to tip the dasher, should do it directly, with cash. The way they pay can be seen in the dasher app: in Earnings, touch a week, then touch a dash. They should be asked to refund the tips to customers. For the last 2 years. Used to pay reasonably, but turned greedy in 2017 and switched to this method. It was announced as great news and came with a video showing satisfied, delighted and smiling dashers. After that “improvement”, my driver dasher earnings went down to around 2/3 of before.

Work hard make money (depends on area)

I noticed that Oakville and some other areas are very bad to work in compared to other areas. So you have to test the waters of different times and areas. Busy times would be 11-2 and 5-9 so if you can’t work those hours then it would be basically pointless to apply/work for this job. I usually work in the busier areas and have no complaints other then everyone is greedy and usually won’t tip but the pay on most orders are worth it. You’re allowed to decline orders if you wish but you have to always keep an acceptance rate of 80%. You will learn a lot as you go, not bad to give a try if you like driving.

Pros

Pick what area you work in, can sign in and out freely, can decline offers if necessary, flexibility

Cons

They don’t cover you for anything (accidents, car maintenance, gas)

Easy and fun to work at doordash

I work 10 hours per day at doordash delivering foods, it's fun to discover new restaurants. I enjoy the job but waiting long for order is hard thing wast time.

OK not the best but maybe better all the rest so far

You get to work your own hours, bonuses, pay plus tips... Hardest part is arriving at a restaurant having been told that they do not take debit or visa so you wont be able to use door dash visa card so if you do not have cash they will send someone else to take over your delivery and you wont get paid for going to the location. They normally pay half to pick up and half to drop off. I think they should find out if meals are ready from restaurant before sending or assigning a dasher. Sometimes they restaurants have not even accepted their orders but they still send dashers for food resulting in long wait or dashers being embarrassed by some restaurants.

Pros

flexible hours, work whenever you want

Cons

Doesn't care about drivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement