DoorDash

Canada10 reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,356 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

It’s alright

been doordashing in north end of Edmonton for awhile now and it’s ok, wish the base pay was just a little higher though. If you have any problems it’s pretty easy to get ahold of someone on support and get it sorted out

Great as a gig but very unstable

It's a great supplement for income if you already have a stable job. It was much better during the pandemic but has decreased drastically. The pay is much less than the work you put in.

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Extra money

Alrighty if you’re lookin for an extra couple hundred a month but definitely nothing to depend on. You’ll most likely need a more consistent hustle to pay your bills.

Pros

Work for yourself

Cons

Slow days

Good job not worth doing

Rising gas prices caused me to quit even though the actual work is pretty fun. When you deduct the wear and tear on your car and gas you probably make like $6 an hour.

Great job with high flexibility

Great side gig that could also work full time. When it’s busy then you can make pretty decent pay.If you like being out and about and travelling then it’s prefect for you. However, your vehicle needs to be pretty gas efficient

Pros

Flexibility and the fact that you answer to no one

Cons

Wear and tear of vehicle, gas comes out of pocket

DD is a side-job only

Do not count your life on Doordash, it is a job you can do to get some extra money for the crazy gas and insurance bills in Vancouver. Don't be discouraged if you aren't making any money on DD because you are not supposed to. DD is a good for you, if you meet the following criteria,like driving around the city,like talking to different people,have a reliable and good-on-gas vehicle,have some free time besides your day-job.DD is bad for you, if being a food-delivery guy is your only choice.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Too much freedom

Easy to work

Easy work, but a lot of the times can be spent with no money being made you need a schedule and make sure to meal prep or pack something! Gas also is

Pros

Work whenever you want no ones watching but yourself!

Cons

No real benefits, kms on your car like crazy and gas is a killer if you have a v6 or bigger...

Poor management

Hard to schedule yourself over hire no avenue to explain why customer rating are down very hard to understand formula used to compensate distances driven

Not bad

This is my side job while my primary is in the pharmacy. When it's busy, it's awesome especially during peak boost. It have had the app glitch on occasion, but only once in a blue moon. On busy days, by working just peak hours, it average about $150/day. I think the hardest part is being self motivated because you set your own hours. I take power naps whenever I want or slip in a work out. Also, once in a while, a customer cancels an order and I get to keep the food. A little Chinese takeout or Joey's always brightens the day. Of note, have a low mileage car or even better an electric car. Get a good phone with a spare battery and 1.5 GB+ data plan and get the nice square warmer bag for the pizzas. These should be common sense.

Pros

Decent pay ; set your hours

Cons

starting shift

Very easy and fun job

it is a wonderful job if you like biking. you get to explore different restaurants which is quite interesting and it is also a great workout.

Pros

knowledge of different restaurants.

Cons

wait times at restaurants are not paid for.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoorDash?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement