DoorDash

Vancouver, BC22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,356 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

good

good, you have a vere flexible time table, and their pay is very fair, the more you work, the more you get paid. Not one is suprevisering you, you are your own boss.

Stressful but pays

Customer support sucks. You don't get paid if an order takes longer to be made or if there's traffic. You need delivery insurance(expensive), and sometimes you make little money. Also takes a while to know the area and what orders to take and places to avoid.

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Does not follow back to applicants or employees, are dishonest

They don't answer your phone calls or emails if you want to enquire about your application status or job details. Very poor management, lie to the employees and are dishonest.

Pros

Cons

too many

Unfair pay and poor system

I'm a driver. The pay is really low and the pay per order is mostly not making sense in my area. They rush you to the store to wait even the store hasn't confirm the order yet. However, if you are late to store, they'll count you as contract violation to deactivate your account as punishment, so as late to customer. And the time is tight as well making you feel stressful. They charge to store if they are making the food late but they don't compensate the driver for long waiting. So you'll make less than minimum wage working for this company. This company is maximizing their profit while treating their employees not as human. Also, their system sucks and always have technical issue to make you frustrated.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, stressful

DD is a side-job only

Do not count your life on Doordash, it is a job you can do to get some extra money for the crazy gas and insurance bills in Vancouver. Don't be discouraged if you aren't making any money on DD because you are not supposed to. DD is a good for you, if you meet the following criteria,like driving around the city,like talking to different people,have a reliable and good-on-gas vehicle,have some free time besides your day-job.DD is bad for you, if being a food-delivery guy is your only choice.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Too much freedom

Good if you do not want to make alot of money.

It is good being your own boss but the money is not there steady. The thing i found was you drive for 6 hours and make 56 dollars so you are not making even minimum pay. And then the cost of running your car for the hours you work. I suggest making this a part time job for extra money.

Pros

You are your boss

Cons

Not steady money

Don't waste your time,gas or maintenance in vechike

They makes claims about 23 an HR which are complete fabercasion. Not enough .orders to go around and low pay even with premiums. Not worth the gas money

Pros

Cons

Low pay, not enough orders, scam customers, no support

Good way to make some extra money!

I have been driving for door dash for the past 3 weeks. I make about $300 weekly before gas. I have done 115 orders in that time. By no means am I getting rich but I am def making money! Which is a nice supplement to my other income. I find that I am always busy, I never have to wait very long to get an order. The other reviews that are saying things like this clearly work in a different market. Vancouver is very busy all the time!

Pathetic company to work for

Do not sign up for doordash, instead do uber. You will barely make 23/hr considering the costs. Also if you begin to make a lot of money they will deactivate you from the platform for silly reasons or no reason at all. The customer tips will be stolen from you and they will still expect you to drive 12 miles for $4.50. If you decline your acceptance rate falls and they can kick you off the platform. Take my word, avoid this company at all costs!!

Very bad pay

Please do not waste your time and energy on this, very little pay! I made 14 dollars in 2 hours! What a joke! Don’t know what else I should say! Nothing is good!

3 bucks in 58 min after gas ect

7 mins to get to restaurant. Park car get order 5 mins. 18 mins to get to client 12 mins on freeway going 100kms. Find parking, client not down stairs took him 5 mins. So a total of 10 mins to get back to car. 19 mins to get back to where I was for more calls . My pay was $7.50 for

Job for rich people.

If you are very rich and very bored and wanna kill some time driving back and forth like an idiot with food for a less than minimum an hour then this job is for you.

Very difficult to make a profit

You will get orders for 5+ kilometres that pay less than $3. Keep in mind that distance is calculated from the restaurant to the customer and doesn't include additional kilometres travelled to come back. Gas is expensive, you'll need to keep up with routine car maintenance. Oil changes will become more frequent. Yes, the job offers loads of flexibility but that's not worth the lack.of profitability.

Flexible Schedule

Flexible schedule, I get to interact with a lot of different people. However, the workload was not even divided by the company. Sometimes I wait for hours without orders, and sometimes orders come in non-stop

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Unequal work hours

Door Dash

I liked how I could work when I wanted, and set my own schedule but the pay was low and it was difficult to meet new people because all interactions are too fast. I liked biking around the city but the weather made it difficult and too many hills.

Fun but you need to deal with system issues all the time

It is a job that you will learn a lot about how to solve problems efficiently without affecting your on-time rate and customer ratings. You need to be very good at time management and multi tasks because system issues may happen every day, and you may receive two or three orders at the same time.

Money loser poor management

I worked for this delivery company for one day, and as far as a money goes you lose more than you make. You end up sitting around waiting for orders, customers are always irate and do not tip. I found out that the turnover for drivers is huge, there are always ads on craigslist looking for easily-duped drivers who think they will make money when in fact they do not.

Pros

Being alone in the car

Cons

Losing money

Just to get by

Poor management No emergency hotline You feel that they don't care much about improvement. Poor communication possibilities If you are a student it is ok to get some extra cash Long distances no rewards

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No hotline

Not bad

This is my side job while my primary is in the pharmacy. When it's busy, it's awesome especially during peak boost. It have had the app glitch on occasion, but only once in a blue moon. On busy days, by working just peak hours, it average about $150/day. I think the hardest part is being self motivated because you set your own hours. I take power naps whenever I want or slip in a work out. Also, once in a while, a customer cancels an order and I get to keep the food. A little Chinese takeout or Joey's always brightens the day. Of note, have a low mileage car or even better an electric car. Get a good phone with a spare battery and 1.5 GB+ data plan and get the nice square warmer bag for the pizzas. These should be common sense.

Pros

Decent pay ; set your hours

Cons

starting shift

Company SHOULD dissolve and close down!!!

The mobile app is REALLY bad, constantly crashing or not opening and I bought the latest new iPhone and Samsung devices. What's worst the support not even there, can even help you anyway wasting your time, gas and sanity!

Pros

Cons

Everything to management, customer service, application

fun

door dash is not a bad place to work at but its more good for pleople who new come to canada or the poeple who just want sone extra money in their pocket

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement