DoorDash

DoorDash Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,356 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

Only if you have no other choice

With high prices of gas and wear and tear of my vehicle, it's not worth it but I need to make money so not that bad for short-term. Sometimes I have to wait for 45 minutes to receive a dash request. The base pay is unfair (mostly $4) with respect to the kilometers you'd have to drive. The worst and most aweful feature of their app is that they give you orders so that you have to drive outside of your zone for delivery and then drive back to your zone to receive another delivery offer. This really sucks! Either pay for our kilometers back to the zone or enable us to dash in the zone we're about to deliver (more flexible)!

Good for what it is

This job is what you make of it. You can pick your own hours and choose where to work. Naturally, the pay isn't great because it is easy. Better a side gig than a full-time job.

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Great work/life balance

They need to raise base pay as prices of gas increase. Other than that I like that I can completely choose me own hours. Mother of 3 and easy to work around my schedule

Very easy to use, and to set up.

Very well done, easy to use, cheapest delivery prices for customers but still pays the driver fairly well. You just need to know directions and manage your time right.

Impossible living wage

Impossible living wage distance asked to travel and time it takes is impossible to make up what they have said is your hourly wage. Forced to take deliveries that are far for no pay meaning you are literally paying out of pocket for gas or you get penalized

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Impossible living wage

its good as a side income. awful if you need to live from it

I could not even make minimum wage when working for DoorDash. I was making deliveries on my bicycle, you must do two apps at once to be profitable specially if you drive a car. What I hated the most was how they FORCE YOU to take new orders, if you decline ANY order they will lower your rating! so if you ever wonder why you order may be late it may have been DoorDash pushing its delivery people to do multiple orders at once; because if they dont accept doing multiple orders at once their rating gets ruined!

Low pay

So far I've averaged about $9-$11 per hour and have to travel around 20km per order, which usually lands me outside of the area I started working in, which means I have to travel back to said area before I'm allowed to accept new orders. There have been quite a few times where I make a whopping $5 in an hour and have spent about 30-40 minutes driving. So, it's a great job if you want to make less than minimum wage and pay your own way!

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Ridiculously low pay

Too low of pay

Not worth your time. Not even able to cover expenses let alone pay anything for time on top of that. Highly not recommended, I also quit using this service for ordering out as it is a bad deal for all parties involved except doordash

Pros

Cons

Losing money

out and about delivering food socializing

It's an opportunity to work on my free time at this difficult time covid 19. I am earning some money at the same time get me out the house interact with business owners and customers. Most of dash drivers are new immigrants lack of manner, language, social skills and inconsiderate. Other than that door dash help line and the app are awesome. Thank you so much I could pay off my debut and helped me with my mental health. Keep doing what you are doing.

Pros

get me out, earn some income, socialize and discover resturants

Cons

other dashers, some unpleasant customers and some low offers

Good work for a side job

I’ve been working for DoorDash for almost 6 months and it is a great job for a part time job or a side job but if you want to work full time with this job it does not pay super well. Tips are never guaranteed and uses a lot of gas.

Pros

Choose your own hours

Cons

Underpaid, uses a lot of gas

A helpless man's option

Pick your own hours. Work at your own pace. This job provides that level of flexibility.However, the pay is no where close to what is advertised. You hardly make enough money working all day especially after deducting the kms driven (car depreciation) and the fuel cost. Often more kms result in more maintenance required for your vehicle.All three factors combined you're making much less than minimum wage.*Not worth it at all.*

Pros

Flexible schedule. Work at your own pace and convenience.

Cons

Much less than minimum wage earnings

fun workplace

Many times is hard because you have to work outside all timeI like because you are the owner of you time, if you want to do more money then work more time

Pros

You decide when working

Cons

In some deliveries you must drive long distance more than 20 Kms

Brutal low paying “job”

Too many drivers makes it hard to get orders Company constantly squeezing wages Service outages happen sometimesHave missed paying me in full at times

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Less than minimum wage sometimes

Dashers exploited

I have been with them for 6 months now..22$ per hour is a MYTH..You are sitting around waiting for orders keeping your car running to stay warm..I have worked 4 weeks(20hrs each week) in a row and you are lucky if you get 1 or 2 orders so it works out to may be 2 $ an hour..didnt even add the gas expense..So if you are looking to explore your neighbourhood go for it...

Extra cash

This job might be enough to live if you could grind all day everyday without a break, but since there is such a high volume of people delivering due to the advertising, you only really get 2-3 hours a day. And I’ve been forced to burn $15 in gas for a $4 gross profit without a tip. So if you have a REALLY fuel efficient vehicle and you already have a job this is a good pass time that will make some cash, as long as you like driving.

Pros

Work whenever you want.

Cons

Long waits for nothing. Short shifts. Poor pay.

Avoid

This app pays very little for high KM. You will spend more money than you make. Most days you can't even schedule because they have too many drivers for the area. Inconsistent, support is not useful, unfair payment, too much driving compared to payout. By the time I stopped driving the deliveries i'd get were an average of $4-6.50 for over 20km of driving then having to drive the same distance back, I was making 1 delivery an hour due to this. DOOR DASH OPERATES ILLEGALLY AS THEY DO NOT REQUIRE THEIR DRIVERS TO HOLD AN ALCOHOL DELIVERY LICENSE YET SEND ALCOHOL DELIVERIES. You can personally get in trouble for this.

Cons

Low pay, illegal operations, hard on car

Flexible schedule and decent pay

What I notice lately is Doordash decreasing its base pay if the customer tips. Also on Fridays when doordash has a promo for $5 extra per delivery they dont give you $5 per delivery, what they do is reduce its base pay to accommodate the bonus. The flexibility is what's good and just gotta be selective to make money.

I like it.

I live with a significant amount of pain most days. So while being handicapped, I can get out of the house and make a living. I pride myself with high ratings. The higher the ratings, the better pick ups seem to come my way.

You are your own boss aside from an app

The income isn't guaranteed since it's based on how many orders you complete so you can be waiting around either burning gas or waiting after getting gas and a drink at a 711 I made about a dollar an hour one day from 4 hrs also you are an independent contractor so yay owing taxes.

Pros

Own boss

Cons

Over saturated market lots of waiting

Run away!!!

This is the job for you if you hate money and love wasting time. Thought I would give it a try and earn some extra pocket cash. 100% not worth it!! You're unlikely to make minimum wage once you deduct the price of gas and factor in time. When the system has a glitch it will throw off the rest of your shift and this company doesn't have your back. You also work as an independent contractor so you're on your own with any tax obligations. There are other problems with this system, but I think what I have listed should be enough to steer you in another direction.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Flexible, decent pay, but with a lot of flaws

I’ve been delivering with doordash for around 6 months now. I keep doing it because you do make a bit more than minimum wage (after subtracting gas costs). I’m a little bit suspicious that I’m the past few months they’ve lowered their pay scale. They aren’t transparent at all with how the scale works, so it’d be easy to slowly lower it without people noticing. I feel like I’m making less per delivery than I used to, but that could be due to other factors too I guess. The app could certainly work better; I’ve had it give me an order, only to drive to the location and realize the order mysteriously disappeared. Normally they contact you when an order is canceled, but sometimes they don’t. I also hate that if your customer rating drops below 4.5, they say you can be fired. I’m always polite with customers, and almost always on time, yet my rating is currently 4.16 ... 4.16 out of 5 stars would generally be considered a good rating, but it’s not good enough for doordash apparently. So I’m constantly worried that my account will be deactivated without notice. The biggest problem I have with doordash is that there’s no emergency hotline in case there’s an issue with an order/the app/etc. I’ve had issues SO many times, and had to take the time to solve them myself, which ends up costing me a lot of cash. I’ve noticed restaurants also often have this same issue and are also unable to contact doordash for help.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No emergency hotline

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement