DoorDash

DoorDash Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,356 reviews
dashappdasherdeliveryorderdriverratingcar

Seeing the sights

Achieve top dasher status to work whenever you want. Lots of bad orders at first but as long as you can get roughly 1 dollar per km the offers and customers are much better nicer and of quality

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting people to deliver what they need in a timely manner What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting there promptly. Quality Assurance. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I enjoy working at door dash. The environment and culture are safe and positive.

Insights into DoorDash

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Good if you need a flexible schedule

Good job to have as a way to earn money on the side. Would be hard to do it full-time. Can be done effectively if you have a good knowledge of your area and where people enjoy eating.

Pick your own hours

I love that I can pick my own hours and work as little or as much as I want. I also get to meet tons of people I am making friends with all the employees in all the restaurants around town, I love my regular customers and enjoy seeing them and getting to know them. The job is amazing and fun however sometimes it can be slow and I just don’t make enough money to get me by.

Pros

The customers, the hours

Cons

Pay is unpredictable

What is the best part of working at the company?You manage yourself and the money is amazing if you work hardWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?When the app starts to mess up and causes you to miss ordersWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?You work by yourself in your own vehicle working your own hours so the environment's Great and the culture is what you make itWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Turn the app on wait for the orders to come in get in the car go make your deliveries

It is something only to make extra money not a real career

It's is like a second job, but with less money. You can make enough to pay small bills, but please do not believe it can replace a typical job. It is too much wear and tear on your vehicle long term, even if you work enough hours. It would probably cost more to fix those issues, then it is worth.

Pros

Something to pay small bills

Cons

Not a long term solution for work

Fired for no reason

When COVID-19 was going on drive through times were terrible and you could not go in the restaurants anymore so my times started going down as far as delivery because they have a set time. You have to have the food to the customers which their time is unrealistic I got speeding tickets I got into accidents and they offered no help whatsoever. They didn’t care and for some reason my times got stuck and never changed and they’re supposed to change weekly and so they fired me for that because they had a technical issue.

Pros

You can work whenever you want to

Cons

No help

Dashing

The good thing is you do have no one down your back love to be my own boss. Bad thing about dashing the restaurants sometimes don’t have the order ready and some of the customer house number is not visible at times.

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

No health insurance/or dasher meals

Productive and a great thing to do.

Great company to work for especially when you are in between jobs or you already have another job and are doing this as a side hustle or part time job. All in all way better than Uber eats.

Pros

Liberty to do what you want.

Cons

You have to schedule fast.

Good pay

Good pay and work is all on you. You can make up to 3 orders per hour. Which is about 20$ an hour. Some days it can be slow but when its busy its really worth it

Flexible hours, Horrible Pay

The only time it is at all worth your time is on the weekends. Sometimes you'll spend an hour trying to find an order that is over $5.00. They allow people to request 10+ mile deliveries for $3 and lower your acceptance rate if you decline to basically pay for someone's delivery. On the weekends with a little luck you can make $25-$35 an hour but you better have a car with good gas mileage if you plan to do it a lot.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Horrible pay, Wear and tear on vehicle

What is the best part of working at the company?You basically make your own schedule, that's the only good thing.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Can't make enough money, less than minimum wage after gas and wear and tear.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's easy with no boss, 50 percent of the customers are entitled or inconsiderate.What is a typical day like for you at the company?A lot of driving even on bad roads or waiting for orders and waisting time. You can make $120 in 8 hour's but half is sitting and waiting and the other half is hustling. You will spend more on gas than it's worth. If your car breaks down and you need a loan you are SOL.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible, well organized, fun learning about new restaurants, easy money. I’ve met a lot of nice people along the way. The app is super easy. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When people ordering don’t give specific directions how to find them in the apartment building. Example what floor. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Positive and always there to help What is a typical day like for you at the company?It’s flexible. No one day is the same. I make it different each time I dash.

Used to be good

Most people don't tip much anymore too many dashers to make good money. My acceptance rate is very low because for some reason people expect you to drive a long way for no tip.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work. Lots of opportunity for growth. Ability to move to within your departments. Team building activities, and good work life balance, and good progression development.

good but not good enough

sometime we got order so far but pay not much I think this time gas so expensive not good pay for delivery and tip is so little some no tip at all ,some time it hard to find them apartment and house drive go and back many time to find that ,if winter time so terrible and No tip

Quick money

When you need money and like to drive and have a car then you have a job! Easily the most flexible job you could have. Keep in mind taxes are30% and not deducted. Wear and tear. $2 orders because people don’t tip are cheap or don’t realize that’s how you get paid.

Convenient/Self Work

the convenience of the job is probably the best part, you can work when you want (as long as there's openings in your area) and don't answer to anyone but the customer.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working for yourself doing what you want when you want to money is always there all you have to do is apply yourself to earn itWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?I don't know the job really doesn't stress me out I like picking up Waters dealing with the customers seeing the people at the stores I enjoy itWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is nice the people of courteous and nice to help you any way they can I enjoy very much it's one of the best places I ever worked for being an independent contractor is greatWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?For me it's great I enjoy getting up in the morning look forward to going to work all right take a break in the middle of the day go back out in the afternoon you work at your own pace and the money's good I work part-time sometime and get a pool and get a full day's pay

Great!

Easy side gig. Pay on orders could be a lot better. But overall, good, I have been dashing a little over two years, in two different states. Make sure to keep track of tour mileage for tax purposes.

What is the best part of working at the company?I work when I want. I get paid almost instantly. The app is easy to use. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It’s not really that stressful, it keeps me on my toes and I like that. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great! It’s mostly done inside my vehicle. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Morning lunch and dinner are the busiest times. (Obviously) anywhere from 3 to 10 deliveries per hour or so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement