DoorDash

DoorDash Employee Reviews

The company has a mediocre policy procedure. They don't focus on what can happen for a contractor driver while carrying a customer goods, they only focus on time pick up and drop off time. Even if the restaurant delays you or road problem due to weather or mechanical issues they don't care about that.
Pros
Good offer, and responsive
Cons
Pick up and drop off time. They have poor judgment on their rating scores.
Very much not worth is, just did 3 hours 70km total driving only 3 deliveries and made $30 factor in gas + wear and tear on my vehicle I would estimate i made about $15 thats only $5/hour but when deliveries take you 20 min outside your zone you have to drive back and wait for another one which can take anywhere between 1 min - 1 hour. If you live in the city and have a bike them it might, and I stress, might be worth it.
Pros
Start whenever, end whenever
Cons
Cant even be considered minimum wage
I have worked for 2 major food delivery services and DD is one of them, up to $26/hr is extremely misleading, for a person to make this type of cash you would have to work between 12 and 20hrs/day doing back to back deliveries without taking a break. By the time you factor in gas, maintenance and the fact that you’re an independent contractor and the company doesn’t take taxes off your pay, you’d be very lucky if you’re making $12/hr. Even if you’re driving an electric car like I do, it’s still not worth it in my opinion.
Pros
Go to work and go home whenever you want
Cons
Rate of pay
I have been with them for 6 months now..22$ per hour is a MYTH..You are sitting around waiting for orders keeping your car running to stay warm..I have worked 4 weeks(20hrs each week) in a row and you are lucky if you get 1 or 2 orders so it works out to may be 2 $ an hour..didnt even add the gas expense..So if you are looking to explore your neighbourhood go for it...
Do not count your life on Doordash, it is a job you can do to get some extra money for the crazy gas and insurance bills in Vancouver. Don't be discouraged if you aren't making any money on DD because you are not supposed to. DD is a good for you, if you meet the following criteria,like driving around the city,like talking to different people,have a reliable and good-on-gas vehicle,have some free time besides your day-job.DD is bad for you, if being a food-delivery guy is your only choice.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Too much freedom
This job might be enough to live if you could grind all day everyday without a break, but since there is such a high volume of people delivering due to the advertising, you only really get 2-3 hours a day. And I’ve been forced to burn $15 in gas for a $4 gross profit without a tip. So if you have a REALLY fuel efficient vehicle and you already have a job this is a good pass time that will make some cash, as long as you like driving.
Pros
Work whenever you want.
Cons
Long waits for nothing. Short shifts. Poor pay.
aucun professionnalisme.le service client très lent. le salaire n'est clairement pas suffisant. tout est mal organisé
Easy work, but a lot of the times can be spent with no money being made you need a schedule and make sure to meal prep or pack something! Gas also is
Pros
Work whenever you want no ones watching but yourself!
Cons
No real benefits, kms on your car like crazy and gas is a killer if you have a v6 or bigger...
Terrible Job. Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to do this job. You spend more on gas than actually making money. 23 dollar an hour from where?? You ll be lucky if door dash pays you 10 dollars an hour. Terrible.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long drives, Low base pay, Low tips, Terrible
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoorDash?
It is good being your own boss but the money is not there steady. The thing i found was you drive for 6 hours and make 56 dollars so you are not making even minimum pay. And then the cost of running your car for the hours you work. I suggest making this a part time job for extra money.
Pros
You are your boss
Cons
Not steady money
Watch out!!! Most shady company ever. Will just randomly deactivate you without informing you or even bothering to explain why you have been deactivated. I had always been on time with my deliveries then out of nowhere when I came back from a short trip. The app tells me I have been deactivated and check you email. It gave me an option to appeal and now its over a month since I heard back from any of thwm. These giys are the worst!!!
Cons
Awfully low pay, will force you to wait, at restaurants without any compensation even when the restaurant messes up your order, you are responsible
I have actually had times where I have made more than $23/hr, but usually $15-18/hr, no taxes comes off! Pretty easy, but you have to be checking the app regularly to sign up for a time slot; occasionally you'll get a notification that it's busy and they need drivers.Customer service, though, is not the brightest and don't seem interested in helping. They're nice, but very dismissive. It seems like you make more money per order with DD as opposed to skip, and skip makes you pay for your background check & bags, $70, whereas DD does not, it's all included!!
Pros
Work whenever you are available
Cons
Constantly checking for time slots, not a lot of orders
Their app is the worst out of all the companies. You used to make good per delivery rate, then they changed it and it isn't worth it. Our city didn't get many orders so you couldn't solely work DD. Then they also implemented a driver rating of 4.2. At the time I was 4.0 (out of 5). Suddenly my account is deactivated, you can't talk to anyone to fix it.
Pros
Cons
Poor rates, no live people to talk to
You choose your own hours of when you start and finish so really you get to do things on your own time. The only thing would be the fact that you have to drive everywhere.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Driving
I joined Doordash around one year ago in Niagara falls ontario area. The payment rate is very very low (Below 9/hour ) DO NOT BELIEVE THE NIMBERS .The following will be deducted:1- Taxes2- Gas3- Car Maintenance4- Your health5- Your mental status6- YOUR ALTERNATOR WILL BE DESTROYED FROM MANY TURN ON-OFFS, everything became so expensive after covid-19 , yet They do not respect what they told me many months ago that the minimum payment was $ 9 per order, I still get looooow orders for 6-8 dollars . It is not worth it, I changed my alternator (fFor $ 550 CAD ) because of frequent turning on and off the engine at least three times per order ( To pickup , turn off , then on - After drop off, turn off then turn on , if wrong address, turn off then on . Total turn on per day if 8 orders will be around 16-20 turn on per day as compared to two times only if you do 9-5 security or mcdonals minimum wage job , which I found way better as a total benefits, medical , dental , relax, no traffic , no hassles . It is not worth it This Doordash is good if any applies:If you have zero skillsIf you have no soft skills at allIf you do not speak English and have zero experience If you wanna make around 5-6 /hr (After all deductions)Then this is for you . Good luck !!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
More traffic tickets, Destroy your car, below minimum wage
I received zero training or policiesand was fired after being late 1 shift where I didnt even miss a single call. They do not care about their employees I was let go over txt and then blocked so I could not reach out at all
Pros
Own schd money is decent work independent
Cons
No traing no support no job or income sequrity
It is true that you may reach $23/hr during busy time but there’s a catch. You will never get paid more than $1 per km and distance was an average of 10-12km per order. And I doubt that they give the whole tip because you never get paid more than $15 or maybe customers don’t tip because of high fees. The annoying part for the drivers is you have to check everything they ordered even they paid it online. No transaction reference only by name of customer.
Pros
Extra Income, schedule flexibility
Cons
More mileage used, paid less than $1/km, checking items ordered.
If you live in Moncton I don't recommend you to apply, you will never get a chance to schedule a dash. All the schedules are taken away by the seniors who can schedule earlier then beginners. So i just ended up not getting any schedules.
Pros
Self directed
Cons
too competitive
the worst job ever. average 1 hour per delivery. you get under paid. the company take advantage from customer, if customer pay tips, they can pay driver less, even customer pay tips, very mimium, 2-3 bucks plus 3-4 dollars company pay you, you are looking at 6-7 bucks per delivery. you are responsible for your own cost as well. this job give you no security at all.
Pros
no pros
Cons
dozens
Some improvements are always needed.. perks like some holiday and retirement plans could be implemented. ... Saving. Different insurance to choose by dashers
Pros
Independence
Cons
Security
Its difficult, in Vancouver at least, to make decent money without an immense amount of stress. If an order gets messed up, be prepared to problem solve, because the online help team takes a while to get a hold of and even then they often say “just deliver the food as fast as possible”, even though their app is the one making the food late.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee reviews