DoorDash Employee Reviews

Money loser poor management
driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2018
I worked for this delivery company for one day, and as far as a money goes you lose more than you make. You end up sitting around waiting for orders, customers are always irate and do not tip. I found out that the turnover for drivers is huge, there are always ads on craigslist looking for easily-duped drivers who think they will make money when in fact they do not.
Pros
Being alone in the car
Cons
Losing money
Easy and fun to work at doordash
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON7 October 2018
I work 10 hours per day at doordash delivering foods, it's fun to discover new restaurants. I enjoy the job but waiting long for order is hard thing wast time.
One of the Poorest Companies
Dashers (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 September 2018
Door dash is one of the poorest companies I have ever seen. Dont get yourself stuck in to this company by seing things like Boost pay. Its all fake they dont pay you anything
Pros
No Prons poor company
Cons
Absolute poor company
Just to get by
Bike Delivery (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 September 2018
Poor management
No emergency hotline
You feel that they don't care much about improvement.
Poor communication possibilities
If you are a student it is ok to get some extra cash
Long distances no rewards
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No hotline
One of the worst managed company
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 August 2018
I have worked for Door Dash for about 4 months now and almost reach 300 orders. I can tell you guys that this company really poorly managed. But the most important question is, how is the pay? Well I can tell you that you get pay 64 cents (for one whole order after gas) to at best $1 per mile your drive + tips. I am not joking, 64 cents...The app AI is pretty bad, once it required me to drive 25 miles (40 km), after the calculation minus the gas and time, I get pay 64 cents. I accepted the order so I can contact customer support to yell at them. Well...to reason with them politely. They said the paid is automatic and is fair. I asked them to take the dash away from my app, I am not driving 1 hour to make 64 cents. The gas price was at 139.9 for regular at that time. After the Dash is canceled, it massed up my bonus on my other payments!!! There is a thing call "Rush Hour Bonus". It is very everyday. Sometimes is +$2.5 to +$5 on top of the guarantee pay. Let's say the app ask you to go to a restaurant, it is going to tell you the distance of the drive plus the pay for that dash. Let's say it is $10, the bonus is $5 You get $15+$1+tips, sound not bad right? But there is a catch, you have to accept 80% of the order to get the bonus. So that day I have 3 orders from 11am to 2pm. I finished my 2nd dash at 1:57pm and It was all good till then.....Right after I finish my 2nd dash, I hit confirm, a new dash came and it was the "drive 40+km and get pay 54 cents order". I had the customer support to take this dash away and found out It mass up my bonus. So yea the pay was very bad  more... that day.

The stupidest thing they did is to make you accept 80% of the order to get the bonus. They actually hurt the company that way. A lot of drivers accept almost every order to get the bonus no matter how far they are but it is end up hurting the company because some of the drive are FAR AWAY like 35mins to 1 hour drive. Some of the customer order from restaurant that is walking distance from them but they have to wait for a hour or more for the food BECAUSE THE AI in the app is total incompetent. It only choose from the pool of available driver that is not on a job during the time and who is closest to restaurant. Sound reasonable? but NO! it is not. It should also look at how many drives are around the area and how long till they finish their delivery. The company had lost a lot of customers that way because a lot of time the APP choose someone that is extremely far away for the job and I get lot of complains from the customers. I had talked to the customer support and they said they will talk to the higher up but NOTHING had change.

There are few companies that better than Door Dash, such as Urber Eats and Skip the Dishes. Funny thing about Skip the dishes it that they had took over so many of Door Dash's customers because 1, they have a lot of advertisement, such as Radio Ads AND their sign is 4 times bigger than Door Dash's (those stickers on restaurant's front door. Also they don't do BS that makes you to accept 80% of the orders. Also they lost a lot of drivers because they are loosing a lot of customers AND drivers to other companies.

At last Benefit...There is zero benefit, not even protection actually. If you has some kind of car accident during the job, you wont really get cover by the company. It only cover if you have FOOD in your car during the accident happen, if not then too bad. So if someone hit your car and you have no food in your car then you are on your own.

The customer support for Dasher also seems to be gone, or they changed it too much that I can find support anymore. All I can find is those "Self Help FAQ type" section.

In conclusion, The pay is from really bad to OK depend on area and luck of the day. The minimum wage in Ontario right now as in 2018 is $14/ hour. You DON'T make that most of the time. It is more like $10 to $12. Sometimes a bad day you make $15 for 3 hours...not include gas...The company is poorly manage and the AI is badly design. But it is good if you want a job that can let you work whenever you want. I only turn the app on to work if I wants to go shopping around, I can to do that because there are A LOT OF WAITING time.
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
Bad pay.
Not good to work
Delivered (Former Employee) –  Burnsville Mn2 August 2018
No help anything from DoorDash office,when we need help they never call back ,not good organization ,No any help from companies,hard to contact for asking help,wash gas ,everywhere so far to send
Company SHOULD close down!!!
Dasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2018
The mobile app is REALLY bad.
DoorDash sent you far about 20 km, then you have to drive back, close to the hot area, so can receive another task at cheaper rate.
Received task, restaurant can't do the order at that time, the task was cancelled and no pay. resulting acceptance rate lower than 80% so Doordash will not pay extra as promised.
A company tried so many ways paying less to the employee.
The delivery time to the customer is often early than the time you recieve an order.
If you can fix your car yourself , have no family, lot's of time and get cheap gas somewhere maybe it's a good job for you.
So don't waste your time.
Company SHOULD dissolve and close down!!!
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 June 2018
The mobile app is REALLY bad, constantly crashing or not opening and I bought the latest new iPhone and Samsung devices. What's worst the support not even there, can even help you anyway wasting your time, gas and sanity!
Pros
Cons
Everything to management, customer service, application
Play tricks sometimes
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2018
1. DoorDash sent you far away, 20 km, then no more task, you have to drive back, close to the restaurant, so can receive another task at cheaper rate.
2. received task, restaurant can't do the order at that time, the task was cancelled and no pay. And, this was recorded as not completed, resulting acceptance rate lower than 80%,so doordash no willing to pay extra $2 per delivery as promised.
3. Received a task, rate $8.××,while 100 meters arriving, the task was cancelled because"no activity", which is not true, then received the same task, this time because I was close the restaurant,(in front of the door) , the rate was $6.xx.
4. Red card doesn't work in restaurant, called support, no agent available. Had to leave, no pay.
5. Store closed, the help said cancel the task, if cancel no pay, they just want to fool driver to save penny for doordash, so cheap! One time I was there already, I told the store was closed. not cancelled thing. Then git half pay.
A company tried so many mean ways paying less to the employee, can't survive longer.
I decided quit. Too mean, too cheap.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
payment too low, company too mean
Dasher Delivery Driver Review
Dasher Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2018
As a driver for Door Dash I can not express my frustration enough. There are some good things, however there are a number of issues with Door Dash and if you are a person who cares about the work you do, and the level of service you provide your customers this may not be the job for you.

1) Pick up location may be +20km from your current location and the scheduled pick up time is 5 min later
2) You recieve notification that order is ready for pick up and you wait 15-20min because they are still working on the order (you do not get paid to sit and wait)
3) The delivery time to the customer is often early than the time you recieve an order so this affects your on time delivery metrics. Then they tell you how you can improve upon this metric even though the late delivery is not a result of your speed, or anything you have control of.
4) There is no phone number to contact anyone at support, everything goes through the mobile Dasher App, if you app crashes or fails YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!
5) Messages sent into support can have a delayed reaponse of up to 48 hours. So you will have to be patient, do not expect a swift response. When you do get a response, do not think that your message was read, because in most cases they send a canned email back to you, completely unrelated to the original message sent.
6) You may decline Dashes, however, your acceptance rate will go down. Once you put in the reason for your decline of an order and want to pause or stop Dashes, they will inmediately send another Dash, again causing you to decline it further reducing your acceptance rate.
  more...
7) Poor reviews from customers. Even though all customers have provided a stellar rating, in the event of a bad review from a customer there is ZERO follow up with the customer to try and discover why a bad review was given, then provide feedback as to the review. The feedback from Door Dash support is, that it is not a big issue because all the other feedbacks are good. Feedback is great if it can offer value, otherwise why track and monitor the feedback?
Pros
There are orders on a regular basis
Cons
Very poor driver support, poor app for enabling or disabling a current dash, no follow up on bad customer reviews, delays in recieving weekly payment, long drive from current location to resturant, KPI which are recorded on systems desinged to make you fail and not meet targets
Most of the order are far apart.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2018
I had been dasher for a month, after having order from north to south and east to west of edmonton, I decided not to continue with door dash, customer service is hard to reach when you have issue in you delivery.
Pros
Your own schedule
Cons
Pick up point and customers are far apart.
fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  vancouver9 March 2018
door dash is not a bad place to work at but its more good for pleople who new come to canada or the poeple who just want sone extra money in their pocket
good
dasher (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC13 February 2018
They really take advantage of part time people! I am older so I really prefer I regular schedule however it's one morning at 7 and the next day at 4pm and I don't appreciate my hours being cut for new hires! New hires get more hours that permeant part time employee's I have never understood that since we are not allowed over 30 overs and there was a time they were giving full time employee's overtime before bringing up part time people to 30 hours!
Worst working experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  15 mowatt ave9 February 2018
Doordash is simply a small business with a business structure catered to them with no one else in mind (including clients), do not expect respect and fairness. I’d never recommend working here unless it’s for pocket money.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
support for drivers and clients is tremendously awful, doesn’t care about drivers, very rude and they lie to avoid resolving errors on their end.
OK not the best but maybe better all the rest so far
Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
You get to work your own hours, bonuses, pay plus tips... Hardest part is arriving at a restaurant having been told that they do not take debit or visa so you wont be able to use door dash visa card so if you do not have cash they will send someone else to take over your delivery and you wont get paid for going to the location. They normally pay half to pick up and half to drop off. I think they should find out if meals are ready from restaurant before sending or assigning a dasher. Sometimes they restaurants have not even accepted their orders but they still send dashers for food resulting in long wait or dashers being embarrassed by some restaurants.
Pros
flexible hours, work whenever you want
Cons
Doesn't care about drivers
finest company to work with
focusing on customer satisfaction
diversified culture
transparency in management
learned customer dealing, business development, enhancing productivity
Flexible hours but poor engagement between management and drivers
Food Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2017
You are allowed to set your own schedule, giving flexibility for work/personal life balance. They are typically busy, and as this is piecework, there is no guarantee on income, but they are typically busy so there is a good chance to make good money daily. The communication between customers, restaurants, and their dispatch (which is mostly remote) is poor, and some days too much of a driver's time is wasted correcting miscommunication between the above parties, which could result in working 12 hours, spending $40 on fuel for your vehicle to make $60. Also, as most of their infrastructure builds around their apps for smartphones, updates are poorly managed, leading to both drivers not getting orders when there is work, and restaurants not getting orders (or even being able to open the application altogether).
Pros
Flexible hours, decent earning potential
Cons
Highly variable income, poor communication between dispatch and restaurants
Very easy and fun job
Bike Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
it is a wonderful job if you like biking. you get to explore different restaurants which is quite interesting and it is also a great workout.
Pros
knowledge of different restaurants.
Cons
wait times at restaurants are not paid for.
Not supportive as used to be in the beginning
dasher (Current Employee) –  toronto, on26 February 2016
Schedule is flexible and you can earn some money if mangement support you if not assign delivery in which you have to travel 8 to 10 km and order amounts are 5 to 10 $ feel like specially aszign delivery which other as not accepted as dont make money on that delivery.
Management doest treat you fairly if they dont like you even dont reply your message or answer your call. Never come to know who is the manager so no one xan go and complaint about.
I used to have goid time in the beginnibg and used to accept alk delivery even was far and small amount too. But sliwly they started to give me smalk deluvery with ling distance. Even no transperancy with your tip and if you ask about your pay or your tip then i guess you will start having hard time.

Not recommended
Pros
nothing
Cons
no venifits even dont get money if you dont have deluvery for 2 or 3 hoyrs.