DoorDash
Coronavirus update
Information from DoorDash:

DoorDash Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Not great, but ok in a pinch.
They over-hired in Hamilton and now there are too many drivers to make a lucrative wage...couple that with the wear and tear on your car and it's not worth the time and effort.
Pros
Freedom to work when u want
Cons
Too many drivers.
Not worthed
I took a try to dash around my area to get some extra cash while looking for a job and I am telling you it is a joke.

For 15 km and about 45 mins of my time, I was paid for $6.25! So my gas was not paid, and what about the wear and tire of my vehicle? And take note, you will not know where to drop off the foods until you accept the order.
Waiting for nothing
That is not true you earn $23 / hr. It depends to the order you received. Mostly you received nothing for how many hours waiting, wasting your time.waiting for nothing.
Best Position ever
I truly regret needing to leave my position with DoorDash. It was honestly the best employer I’ve ever had and I miss it immensely. It was a great atmosphere and great people
Pathetic company to work for
Do not sign up for doordash, instead do uber. You will barely make 23/hr considering the costs. Also if you begin to make a lot of money they will deactivate you from the platform for silly reasons or no reason at all. The customer tips will be stolen from you and they will still expect you to drive 12 miles for $4.50. If you decline your acceptance rate falls and they can kick you off the platform.

Take my word, avoid this company at all costs!!
Very bad pay
Please do not waste your time and energy on this, very little pay! I made 14 dollars in 2 hours! What a joke! Don’t know what else I should say! Nothing is good!
Loved it
Great place to learn. Treated very well. Be ready to drink from the fire hose when you start but they do a great job of supporting you. Would have loved to see more growth in new verticals in Canada but that all will come in time.
terrible companies to work for
its high risk using your own sources to get pay just a under minimum wage because at the end of 6 months the vehicle will consume all revenue gather from door dash, THEY MAKE IT LARGE u make the left over
Flexible schedule and decent pay
What I notice lately is Doordash decreasing its base pay if the customer tips. Also on Fridays when doordash has a promo for $5 extra per delivery they dont give you $5 per delivery, what they do is reduce its base pay to accommodate the bonus. The flexibility is what's good and just gotta be selective to make money.
Own boss
PROS: Working on your own time
No boss

Meeting people

Almost everything tax write off

CONS: Buying more gas often

Pay your own taxes
Poor management
I did referrals and they didn’t pay me and when I did chat with rep. All rep. Give me different answers. So I can’t trust for referrals in DoorDash. I m westing 3 hours to talk with them so don’t west your time.
Very good company
The best opportunity for newcomers. ... Good company. In my opinion, it should make more use of drivers' suggestions. To increase efficiency. Advertising is very weak.
Poor management
Hard to schedule yourself over hire no avenue to explain why customer rating are down very hard to understand formula used to compensate distances driven
3 bucks in 58 min after gas ect
7 mins to get to restaurant. Park car get order 5 mins. 18 mins to get to client 12 mins on freeway going 100kms. Find parking, client not down stairs took him 5 mins. So a total of 10 mins to get back to car. 19 mins to get back to
where I was for more calls . My pay was $7.50 for
Don’t bother
Was all good, was doing deliveries every night and making some pocket change. Wake up one morning and go to sign in and get told I have breached the terms of service somehow, no email, no call just a banned account. Not worth the time
Pros
Your own hours
Cons
No communication
not enough money to make a living.it does not cover expenses.
not enough money for a living....it does not cover expenses.....a lot of editions..Lots of fuel money...he does not pay for a day off...and..sick money.
productive
very easy , make your own hours.easy going nothing to hard barely have to deal with mangement hardest part of the job is nothing most enjoyable part is being paid, i learned time mangement at this company
Good place to work if you have part time work
DoorDash is relaxed and the interview was actually not bad. The person doing the interview was nice and informative as well as making us laugh a few times.
They do not pay you
They don't care they give you the longest deliveries ever and pay nothing. Example 5km to the store then 15 to the destination outside of my town for $7.00 didn't even pay the gas. Then they hold my pay. FOR NO REASON..TERRIBLE SUPPORT THEY DON'T CARE
Pros
Cons
All don't work for them
Job for rich people.
If you are very rich and very bored and wanna kill some time driving back and forth like an idiot with food for a less than minimum an hour then this job is for you.
Not worth it
Not worth the hassle. Nearly 50 pecent of your income goes to gas. So you make between 100-200 dollars on full tank of gas depending on your car. It's not worth it unless you have a fuel efficient car.