Dooly's

Dooly's Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
it is fast pace but also very relaxing and you feel comfortable there. it will be your second home. absolutely love the people that come in and the staff you work with.
Le Doolys est une entreprise qui offre de nouveaux défis régulièrement et qui est très flexible pour ses employés.
The expectation verses the pay is not really easy to deal with. I love my job and the people. Just having ridiculous expectations is hard when you’re trying to figure out a work to life balance. Especially when compensation is not great.
J'ai adoré travailler au Dooly's grace aux employées!!
Pros
famille
Cons
horaires
After working at a few locations due to moving, I've made great friends with clients and coworkers. Depending on the location and your ability to serve, tips can be fairly decent as well.

However, I have been in the service industry for 10 years and I absolutely would NOT suggest it as a place to work if you have other options.

Very poor management, head office is detached, no security when it can be plagued with situations which are NOT safe to be in either alone or with a coworker; some nights security should be required to be on. With some locations much more troubled than others, I didn't find it safe to work where I was.

I also found it to be not a very clean environment.

Instead of communicating correctly, management has a tendancy to turn before trying to mitigate an issue and speaking with you directly. At this point, it makes it nearly impossible to try to solve the issue as I know from other bars and restaurants working things through as a team. They will replace you before they try.

All in all, it can be fun, but it's more the clients and coworkers. Management is hard to really trust they have your best interest when something really happens.
Pros
Meet interesting people and regulars
Cons
Very poor management
L'ambiance de travail au Dooly's est plaisante. J'ai appris à gérer les clients nuisant, les commandes de boissons au bar et sur le plancher, balancer la caisse et vider les machines à loterie.
Pros
Interaction avec les clients
Cons
Aucun portier pour la sécurité
Wonderful coworkers. Always meeting new people. Fun environment. Was very lucky to have met some great people & now close friends due to this position.
Fun place to work, got to meet lots of great people.

The biggest issue would be with such a small staff it could be hard to get time off if needed. They did accommodate as much as possible but only so much could be done at times.
Great place to work because of fellow servers and all the friendly regulars that come in; Once you know everyone, it feels like one big family. However, the bartenders are two faced, and like to talk s**t for the fun of it & 2/3 of the managers are very rude and could care less about you. Tips are typically pretty good so if you keep to yourself, away from the bartenders and management and are okay with being treated with little respect you can get by.
Pros
Friendly fellow servers, nice regulars, good tips
Cons
Bartenders and Management
I'd go in, grab my tray, float money, and then ask people how they were, take their orders and receive/give change. I also cleaned the tables, pool tables, floors. There I learned customer service skills and different ways to talk to people and approach them, and different ways to solve problems. My manager was always welcoming and friendly, always willing to assist with any questions I had.
Pros
Outgoing environment
Cons
No set break.
très dynamique et enrichissant comme seconde job pour bouclr les fins de mois
Pros
rabais sur les produits offert dans letablissement
Cons
changement de personnel tres frequent
Within the bar, it was a positive environment. Great group of staff that got along great and worked well together. Both bar managers previous to me that I worked under were wonderful. Both great leaders and taught me lots, sadly neither are with the bar anymore. Head office more difficult to deal with. skirted around questions when asked, only gave me one day of training to put me up to management then assumed me to know everything to run a bar. Did not want to support the community. Refused sponsorships of teams, other than to let them drink there at happy hour pricing. No benefits until you were management level. Not understanding to mental health issues.
Pros
Great co-workers in bar
Cons
Head office very unattached and uncaring
je devais compter ma caisse servir les client et tout se qui concerne le service a clientele dans un bar faire le menage donner largent de la loterie video
Pros
pause quand on voulait
Cons
pas beaucoup d'heure
Poste très intéressant, belle entreprise qui répond aux exigences de la maison mère.
Travail touchant les balancements de caisse, les horaires, les imprévus.

Travail difficile sur le temps car travail habituellement de jour mais appel des employés courant de nuit.
Pros
Repas gratuits, belle équipe de travail, belle énergie
Cons
appel de nuit
Le niveau de cette entreprise exige un service A1.
Une formation est donnée sur les lieux et les employés doivent exécuter un travail et un service hors pairs.
The ability to have a very flexible schedule makes balancing work and personal life easy. It is a fun and fast paced work environment with a positive team. There isn't much room for advancement and there are no benefits available.
My typical day at work is to balance inventory and all monies at beginning and end of the shift, and that it is important to maintain a professional image to the clientele. I enjoy meeting new people and having fun with the regular customers, the late nights are a downfall for a home life.
Pros
Free pool
Cons
I work with great fellow employees, we have a great time doing our jobs, and seeing the people that come into doolys. It a great place to work and being out with your friend's at the same time! I learned how to mix some drink's and learned about how the lottery is being distributed. The hardest part of my job is when I have to throw people out of the bar, especially with one of them being my friend's. And the most enjoyable part is having a great time while working.
Pros
wonderful boss
Cons
no cons
The best thing about working at Dooly's is the fun you will have. It was my social life. Managment was very understanding that I had a family and tried to work with my schedule. Long hours on your feet, but totally worth it.
Pros
amazing meetings and team building opportunities
Cons
long hours on your feet, some difficult customers
coverd shifts