Donorworx Inc

Donorworx Inc Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
Positive Work place
People who want to make a difference. It is really refreshing to work alongside altruists - people who put others interests above their own. I wish there were more opportunities for me.
productive and fun
productive and fun
very professional

good training seminars

good causes that are being supported by this third amazing party fundraising / marketing agency.
terrible
other the n the skills i achioeved, management was terrible. the job was very biased on who they would schedule and who they would not. would not reccomend
Not advetised properly
They emailed me back stating they were hiring for mid management positions. I went there and was advised that they want me to go door to door from 12:30 pm to 9 pm. What a waste of time. Should've listen to the last review.
Pros
Waste of time
Cons
Waste of time
"CSR" is just bait
If you're not outright told this at the interview; you're going to be peddling monthly credit card donation subscriptions Door-to-Door and in malls.
If that's your thing, you get a minimum wage and apparently around $100 a sale.
Great place
Fundraising is great and I love the people I worked with. everyone was optimistic and wanted to be there. The culture was amazing and every new employee embraced it.
Good experience
It was a good experience. Did not get enough training though
Manager were very nice though. I wish I had more training in the field so that I could help more people
wonderful place to work
Definitely gets you out of your comfort zone since you are approaching people, getting them to commit to sponsoring a child within 5minutes or so. Also a great place to learn team work
Cons
standing for long hours
Good job for driven people who want to change the world
Competitive work environment, fast paced, aura of fun, opportunity to change the world, chance of promotion based on numbers, always a smile in the morning!

Possibility of Fundraiser exhaustion, unrealistic goals, behind the curve in effective fundraising methods,spotty hiring, bottom rungs are potential scapegoats for hundreds of contributing factors to why there are no/little results, and finally a possibility of finishing your day discouraged and unfulfilled.

Job culture varies between what part of the organization you are working with. Some are better then others!
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Good experience
Fundraising was challenging in a good way. I develop great communication skills and interacted with a lot of amazing people. I also developed great interpersonal skills.
Fabulous Place To Work
Donoroworx is a wonderful place to work, with an incredibly friendly staff, lovely office and fun and high energy atmosphere. The Donorworx teams is incredibly motivated and passionate about what they do.
Look forward to going to work today
its great to work for a company that lets you feel like a super hero every single day, and pays you to do so.
The training is thorough and you feel very confident when you start.

Your mentors want to help you, and everyone is there to make a difference in the world so there are many wonderful and colourful personalities to meet on staff and with the potential donors you interact with.
Pros
supportive, get to help people.
Great seasonal Work
This job was the perfect employment opportunity to get paid while directly making the world a better place. The only drawback is that it was seasonal.
Great place to work, Management and training could have been better
I absolutely loved the job and was very passionate about the work we were doing. Management did not do the proper training and expected more than was taught.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great employees
Cons
not proper training, management was not kind.
Great place to be. Feels more like a family than a company.
I learned lots about people by working at donorworx. I think they have something very special going on and anyone that is chosen to be a part of it is truly blessed. What they do is very difficult but very worth while because they help charities raise funds to help people.
I was originally told that donorworx was build on honesty, integrity and love...and it is true.

I cherished my time at donorworx and working with some of the most amazing people ever has made me a better person.
Work for a great cause at a personal cost
Although you can support great nonprofits and create global change it comes at cost.

hours are long and there is a lack of support in the field. promotions seem to be awarded to friends and don't forget to double check your pay stubs....
Pros
work to support a nonprofit
Cons
serious lack of support
Good cause, passionate people, goal oriented.
The people you work with are very inspirational. Most of them are passionate to work for a cause that helps others. There is consistant reminders and encouraging messages that help you stay motivated. The supervisors are friendly and helpful; they're ready to give you a motivational boost if you need it.
Great place to work, grow and make a difference!
Donorworx is a great organization to work with. If you're looking for short-term opportunities, they have it. If you are looking to grow within the organization, they have that too! Most importantly, it's a fun job that gives you the opportunity to work towards making a difference in the world and that's something special.

A typical day for a fundraiser would include working in the field (usually a mall) and standing at a booth to stop and talk to people about the charity we work with. As ambassadors of those charities, we set targets to be able to achieve them and support these charities to the best of our abilities.

You learn communication skills, you learn persuasion skills and most importantly you learn about how to interact with others. All of the skills that you learn with this job are skills that are transferable to anything you do in life!

Our management team is very supportive and are always there to help and ensure the success of our fundraisers and our campaigns. Most importantly, the people that you work with are like-minded passionate individuals who are there for the cause and to create change (not just the money). It's the best feeling to go into work knowing that you are surrounded by the passion and energy you need to be successful in your work.

The hardest part of the job is finding a way to encourage strangers to donate to charity. You deal with a lot of rejections and objections. Ultimately, you learn to find a way to inspire them to get involved. It's the toughest part of our job, but it's totally worth it because your asking for someone to
 - more...
Pros
Many opportunities to grow and to travel as well as flexible hours
Cons
Challenging work- but it's totally worth it!
A fun & exciting work environment for those who want a few hours a week AND those you want full time
This is a job for someone who may want a few hours a week AND for someone who is looking for full time. If it is full time you want all you need to do is earn it! The opportunity is there!!
Donorworx is constantly growing and there is so much opportunity to advance and grow with the company!!!

You get the opportunity to meet so many amazing people along your journey. These are both people you work with (usually teams of 4-8) and people that you interact with at the booth (patrons in the mall).

You get the opportunity to work with an experienced Campaign Leader who will guide you, coach you, encourage and inspire you and work side by side with you through tough times and great times!

The schedules are made weekly and the hours are flexible!

You will learn so much about world issues, geography, history, the different ways people think, body language and more!!!

Donorworx practices ethical fundraising and takes pride in obtaining quality donors. Because of this you will be trained thoroughly to fund raise in an ethical and successful manner and will be treated like part of the family and feel valued at all times!

If you want to make an impact in our world, if you want to be part of a positive change than Donorworx is definitely a company worth checking out!!

Donorworx is a company where your opinion is worth something!
Pros
Great salary!, Lots of growth opportunity!, Fun and Energetic work environment!, Passionate and Dedicated co-workers!
Cons
You will have to stand during your entire shift, BUT your shifts go by fast because you have SO MUCH FUN!, There will be rejection BUT you WILL always have a lot of support, inspiration and encouragement!!
Life changing work
An excellent place to work for anyone with humanitarian interests. Excellent place to develop skills and become an strong communication oriented person. Great team feeling, must be able to rely on coworkers for successful work environment. Worked as a fundraiser in a mall environment means one is very exposed, but with extensive training and a supportive work environment/great campaign leaders, one can thrive. Must be self-motivated and strong willed. Excellent CEO and strong leaders, always available for support and coaching. A challenging and rewarding job!
Pros
Good pay, part-time/contract, flexible hours
Cons
contract to contract can be insecure work
Salary and other benefits
A good company with a very good cause, i enjoyed working with Donorworx as a fundraiser for Worldvision. not at all a easy job, requires true skills to perform and so we get paid for it. Working at airport or at malls both need different mind sets but the cause behind ur efforts will make you keep going.
Pros
good team leads, Salary
Cons
odd working hours