Donlen Corporation Employee Reviews

Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL20 March 2019
I enjoyed working there. The environment was comfortable for me, and my superiors were nice and they were good at getting me where I needed to be. I overall liked it.
Fired out of nowhere after a long career.
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL15 January 2019
No job security in IT. Thinking of buying a home/moving? Think quality work will protect you? Think again.

I did a good job by all accounts for a very long time, and then out of nowhere let go over something absurdly trivial. If you work here be careful.

No warning. No severance.
Productive environment
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL27 November 2018
Must have good writing and verbal skills. Speak well and listen to customer concerns. Work well with others as well as be self directed and with a good work ethic
Good people
car advisor (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL29 August 2018
I've been in the call center for some years now and seen it when it was bad. Management has been working to change things and it is really good now. I get to work from home 2 days per week and I'm left alone to work so long as I meet my goals. Supervisors are really good and hold people accountable.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
always busy
Politics over Job Performance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bannoclburn23 August 2018
In a service environment - it amazed me that the customers needs weren't a priority. The only thing of importance is to make money EVEN at the expense of the customers needs.
Pros
some folks care
Cons
management does not care
Overall good
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL11 July 2018
I enjoyed working at Donlen during the time I was there. There were opportunities for me to grow and develop my professional skills, and the environment was encouraging.
there was a 2 or 2 1/2 hour drive with no pay increase for it.
Fleet Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL22 April 2018
I worked from home until the day came that I had to go into the office,
which is usually one day a week. My drive was a 2 to 2 1/2 hour "situation" given the traffic situation on any day of the week.
Pros
I worked from home
Cons
I had to drive into the office
Working at Donlen
Vehicle Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn IL12 March 2018
A typical day is very busy with work coming in all day. You have to work with different departments who have different goals. You have to manager your work with the customer.
Pros
Nice place to work with good people
Cons
No the best work to life and often departments don't talk to each other
Fun work atmosphere
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL22 February 2018
Donlen is a great company that helps you thrive in what you do. Do it is sometimes tough to move up ..................................................
My experience was OK
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL10 February 2018
I worked for Donlen Corporation as a temporary employee for 6 months. I learned alot working for this company. In the beginning i loved it and that slowly began to diminish. Management was terrible with favortism. I honeslty dont recommend working here. I applied for the position after my 6 month contract and of course i didnot get the position after working extremely hard. Terrible office politics, women arguing with each other and management jumping down your back every 5 min. Very fast paced and not enjoyable.
Cons
terrible pay, bad office politics
I feel hurt
Car Adviser (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL10 February 2018
I feel after everything. Years there I was left go most likely to to replace me with two guys for the price of one. I’m hurt I enjoyed my time there. Once I had the new supervisor I knew my job was over
Pros
Free coffee
Good place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL23 January 2018
Donlen Corporation was a good place to work. The people were nice, hard working, team oriented and had alot of fun. It was nice to work there and I learned alot.
Worked in the tax department
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL15 November 2017
Worst place I ever worked. Long hours and worked a lot of weekends. No advancement opportunities. Management was incompetent. Company was acquired by a bigger competitor eventually which was not a surprise considering how poorly the company was managed.
Cons
Lonng hours, incompetent management
Disloyal and discriminatory
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, IL10 June 2017
This company has been incredibly disloyal to employees that have given everything of themselves. People who show hard work and dedication are rewarded with an escort out the door. Was at one time a great place to work with management that cared for its employees. Somewhere along the line something changed and all that family atmosphere left the building. In its place are cold, non-social, ignorant and selfish individuals. Was a real shame to see such good people have to leave due to the poor job culture
Pros
Cons
Poor office location.
Terrible company
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL24 May 2017
All I can say is Management is not for the people. It was one of the worst places I have ever worked. I don't have enough lines to say the horrible things I want to say.
Pros
Cons
People there could be cruel and talked behind everyone's back.
Productive work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL2 February 2015
Family owned and customer focused environment that has a real concern for their customers and the value that they can provide for them, as well as the employees that work for them.
Stable work environment with flexibility to work from home
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, IL24 June 2013
I am responsible for providing credit reviews and financial analysis of current and prospective clients and managing accounts ranging from $200K to $50M.