Donato Salon and Spa Employee Review

View all Donato Salon and Spa reviews

Bad, Rude, and Snobby.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2012
Working at Donato was somewhat enjoyable, the receptionists, stylists and colour techs, and the spa personnel were all a blast to see and talk to everyday; that is until you see a manager. a couple were alright when face to face, however when you turn your back to them BEWARE. I was let go because and I quote " you were too happy..." unfortunately I didn't exactly perfect the sour face they all had.
The Salon manager was famous for her foul expression and snobby attitude. In Seven months I saw her smile twice. once when she was getting a make-over. and the other was by some sort of miracle.

The owner is even worse. He only liked you if you sucked up to him, if not.. you were black listed. at first he seemed genuinely nice, until you actually get hired. He is rude, cheap, snobby, (which seems to be a running trend among management) and he has his assistants hold the hair up for him while he's working instead of using a CLIP.

I did however get certified in 3 classes, 2 of which they paid for, and the last I had to pay for because I was terminated. ($500) on top of losing the job.

*** Do NOT SIGN the Contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 year contract, if you quit you get sued. and if you get terminated you have to pay for everything that they said they would pay for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on a Sunday, solely because the sour managers and the owner would never show up there on a Sunday.
Pros
education
Cons
vicious management, treated as a number. lack of integrity

Other Donato Salon and Spa Employee Reviews

Fun
Make-up Artist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2019
Its okay. Its fun being that you can meet a lot of people and build clientele. Management isn't that great however. I worked as a Makeup Artist Assistant.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Too much drama
I was just a co-op student
Mississauga - Hairstylist Assistant Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2019
i did not get paid so i cannot comment on salary and job security. I was a hairstylist assisstant, the staff for the most part was very friendly but they occasionally have their drama like any other work place. i wish i had gotten a job offer there
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
Occasionally long hours and working holidays, constantly on your feet all day