Donato Salon + Spa Employee Reviews

I will forget everything about the company
Manager, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2019
I dont think i have ever felt this way about anything. I will never speak of the name Donato Salon and Spa. The management, the culture, the everything. Unless i am on the street and need a job i would take it. The owner has no respect for his employees. Uses names, vulgar language and makes staff write 'good' reviews about the company.
There are no objectives or goals. Its a now organization and last minute everything. Even if you try to plan and have approval, it will not matter, he will change mind. He wants the world without spending a cent.
Pros
you start at 9 and leave at 5
Cons
the owner and management team
Worst place for work
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2018
never ever worked here. management is poor. they ask their employes to bring clients. really bad hiring process.clients complains alot everything company blamed on employes.low wage. more work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low wage
Not a great place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON3 September 2018
Not a great place to work. Long hours and sometimes not enough hours because they cut your shift if you're on hourly. Nearly impossible to move up in this company unless you're close to someone. No benefits.
Cons
Long hours and takes you for granted.
Worst place, apply somewhere else
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
Management pays no attention to staff
No benefits
Over worked, under paid
No appreciation for employees
Unpaid staff meetings
Barely any vacation time
Restricts you from taking unpaid vacation
Management turn around is unreal
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no benefits, horrible management
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2017
In My brief time working at Donato Salon & Spa I can honestly say it was the worst job I've ever had.
Most of the other employees are pleasant and I enjoyed getting to know some of the stylists. However,
the overall management was terrible, shuffling employees around to different departments and changing,
The position that was initially applied for. The front reception staff stands in a cliquey circle chatting while one person
Does majority of the work. They dismiss staff members with terrible reasons, especially when in the probation period.
The list could go on
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Long Hours, Bad Management
Disappointed
Master Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Poor leadership if any; In the 7 years of employment here I've seen over a dozen managers come and go- I am proud of the camaraderie between the employed staff at noted location and wish the best of luck to all,
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Empty Promises
fun workplace
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 August 2017
i was able to build a stronger work ethic while working at Donato Salon and Spa
their reach for a 5 start rating is really encouraging to seek perfection while at work place
Pros
professional environment
Cons
poor value of employees by CEO
Worst Job
Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON12 July 2017
Working here made me lose my passion for hairstyling. Management is terrible and does not at all care about their employees. I have nothing nice to say about this place.
Productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
Donato Salon+Spa was a very positive and motivating environment to be apart of. My co-workers were extremely personable and came to work everyday with a smile on their face excited to see what each day had in store for them.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
minimum wage
Co-op Placement
CO-OP PLACEMENT ASSISTANT POSITION (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2016
My co-op experience at Donato Salon & Spa was an experience that I will always value greatly. Being young and being so passionate about becoming a hairdresser, some salon's are not always willing to give opportunities like I was given. I learned so many tips that I am able to grow off of and take with me into my future with hairdressing. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers each and every day. I am so thankful for the opportunity I was given.
Salon Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto12 February 2014
Overall a pleasant place to work with great staff and conveniently located in an outdoor mall with great surrounding businesses.
Great work environment for someone starting out in Massage Therapy
Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2013
They really incorporate you in to their company and allow you some free range when it comes to therapy. They supply everything for you, they do all the advertising,

During the slow periods, immediately after Christmas, it is slow, especially in the morning. The RMT's who work there are lovely and the rest of the spa staff are incredibly entertaining.

The hardest part of the job would be the walk ins. As a massage therapist, you need to have an accurate health history form and sometimes there is not enough time to pull those when a walk in books. Also taking time off is quite difficult. They have black out periods in which we cannot take anytime off (usually falling on major holidays) and to get the time off requires someone to cover the shift (can be difficult depending on the day).

Most enjoyable - the structured and flexible hours, the spa staff, the guests, they do all advertising, relatively busy location in a Mall

Most days include checking the schedule in the morning and throughout the day for changes and arrivals. Pulling guest files (provided you can get into the back in a timely manner) and performing accurate and safe massage treatments when client arrives. Checking rooms, and fixing them if there is a problem (happens more often than not). Leaving early is an option provided it is with management approval and there is adequate coverage for the time slot.
Pros
structured, reasonable hours, great spa staff, everything is provided (lotion, gloves, linens)
Cons
the white uniforms - very hard to keep clean (need new ones every 3 months), commission only, some management, inconsistent with cancellation policy (rmt's aren't comped for <24hrs cancellation or no shows)
Fun people, fun job
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2012
A challenging, multi-faceted job.
Not much room for growth
GREAT people!
Challenging, Creative Environment
Marketing/Executive Assistant/Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto/Mississauga4 April 2012
My review of Donato Salon + Spa and Artist Choice is that it was a very challenging environment with high expectations. Learning from well respected people in the industry was an absolute plus.

Salary and benefits were to be desired however.