Donalda Golf & Country Club Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2019
Donalda offers a great working environment and a great place to develop skills. Training is excellent with dedicated management. Many social events to take part in.
Pros
fee meal and parking, great location
Great place to work with cool people.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
With much needed renovations happening this club is moving into the 21st Century. Donalda Club is a busy vibrant place with great staff and friendly members. The new management is improving every aspect of the club. Making it a great place to work, especially for young people looking to break into the hospitality industry.
Pros
Great health benefits and paid vacation for full-time staff.
21 May 2019

Thank you for the great review. We are very proud of our management and talented culinary team. This renovation will allow for even more of our culinary team’s creativity and talent to show through. Thank you for being a part of our wonderful team.

Wonderful place to work
F&B professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONo3 May 2019
Donalda Club is an awesome place to work. The General Manager leads by example and her management team do an excellent job with training and providing staff with a rewarding work experience. You are always learning every day. I would recommend Donalda Club without hesitation.
Pros
training, benefits, you can make a difference
17 May 2019

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy to hear that you are inspired by the General Manager and the management team. It is also great to hear that you are learning each day. Thank you for being part of our team.

Hardworking staff with bad leadership
N/A (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
Isn't what it use to be. The management team lost touch and is running the club to the ground. Turnover rate is super high and morale is super low...

Close door meeting and not getting people involve. Not the place you can learn and get experience.
Pros
Free lunch, parking, easy to get to
Cons
Lunch is bad sometimes, no leadership, bad outlook, poor management
21 May 2019

We are sorry this has been your experience at the Club so far. We hope that all our employees feel valued and have the chance to learn and gain experience. Using feedback like yours, we can continue to strive towards this goal.

Would not recommend
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
Donalda started off being a lovely opportunity and I was eggar to work there. However, it took a quick turn and went sour. The management that has not already left, due to poor working conditions, is very disorganized. The benefits are nice, and some of the employees are wonderful but all in all - it was toxic.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, poorly managed, toxic environment
21 May 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet all of your expectations. We are always striving to improve and your feedback is valued.

Thank you for being a part of the team and wish you all the very best in your future endeavours.

Wonderful Place to Work
Spinning Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario25 October 2018
Donalda Club is one of the best job experiences I have ever encountered. The staff are amazing, clients exceptional and teaching spinning at this club is a great experience. I am part time and on contract at the club as are all the instructors.
Pros
Great work environment with fab staff and clients
21 May 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review!
We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear about your amazing experience at the Club. We also believe that our staff are amazing – thank you for being a part of the team.

A toxic environment with very poor management.
staff memebr (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
I worked at the Donalda club for about 5 years. Looking back at my experience after I have left the club often leaves me feeling frustrated.

I had put many hours into being the best I can be for this company and by the time I was ready to move to a better opportunity, I was left feeling unfairly treated.

There is a toxic culture that is encouraged by management, it all starts from the top and I believe that this is Donalda's main issue.

The GM's main message is fairness and equality for all staff. I had never found that to be true. She had repeated that message so very often, that it felt rehearsed and insincere. Not to mention the lack of truth behind that message.

I am not a soar employee that did not get rewarded for my hard work, I did very well within this company. I am not writing this review out of anger towards management, I am just simply stating the truth about how I felt at times and how I saw and felt the environment from my own perspective and the perspective of my fellow staff members.

...I always find myself thinking about one unique part about management at the Donalda club and that is; How is it that the HR manager is also the executive assistant to the GM? If that is not a conflict of interest then I don't know what is.

Speaking of the HR department at the Donalda Club, when you have a serious issue that underlines change or truth, well then be warned. The dirt under Donalda's Club carpet is quiet the pile. There is always a hidden agenda and when you don't think that there is, I bet you that there is! I have never in my career encountered
  more... a HR manger that does not seem to understand the HUMAN in HUMAN RESOURCES. Words will be twisted and intentions will most likely be changed.

Donalda is a place for students fresh out of college to have a company with a "prestigious" name put on their resume. The name will get you somewhere, the experience might leave you stressed out.

The grass is greener on the other side in this case...
Pros
Good benefits, a well known name to have on a resume
Cons
Poor management, untrustworthy HR department, unfair, unjust, not very loyal to long standing employees
Exceptional environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2017
I worked at the Donalda club for over 12 years and enjoyed the culture and atmosphere. I've made lasting contacts during my tenure there. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Great environment
21 May 2019

We are delighted that you enjoyed your 12 years with the Donalda Club. Thank you for being part of our team and adding to the amazing culture and atmosphere of the Club. We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success.

Job summary
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
Early days, 6am weekday starts and 5:30am weekend starts!!! However, nevertheless a very laid back yet professional atmosphere is upheld and enforced.Golfer's and Member's etiquette is of the utmost importance. Course standards are always regarded highly by members and guests alike. Learned to used several cutting tools including Tee Mowers, Greens Mowers, Approach Mowers, etc
Pros
paidlunches $3 a day
Cons
Early hours
17 May 2019

We are pleased to read that you had a great experience at Donalda Club. We are very proud of our beautiful facilities maintained by our talented Grounds Department. Thank you for your contribution to the success of our team, it is greatly appreciated.

Simple serving job
Server & Part Time Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2016
This position would be a good location for individuals new to the hospitality industry. The work and requirements are far easier to remember and manage than in a restaurant. While this Golf Club offers a restaurant there is very little stress compared to working in a more fast paced location.
Therefore if an individual is looking for a location to begin in the hospitality industry, the Donalda club should be on their list of potential places of employment.

It should be known that there is not much room for advancement, unless you are an employee for many years, therefore, if you are ambitious, this location would be a good beginning. However, it may not be ideal for long term employment.
Pros
Good start for servers
Cons
Little opportunity for career advancement
21 May 2019

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We pride ourselves on our service and hospitality training, as well as being leaders in the industry. Wishing you success in your future endeavors.

Through training but lacklustre management
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Although this position was fine at the beginning, staff was very discouraged and patrons can be very rude. The kitchen set-up is also difficult and the large menu means a lot of running around for serving staff. As it is a private club there are no tips, but above average service is required.

Good starting position if you plan to go further in hospitality but not much else other than that.
Pros
Predictable shifts
Cons
Long hours, often not enough staff to adequately cover busy periods
21 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty, which we will use to continue improving what we do. Thank you for being a part of our team.

good place as a first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2014
- good place to start in the restaurant industry
- management is ok
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough shifts
21 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with our team. We wish you continued success in your future endeavors.

Great Private Club To Work.
Outlets and Food and Beverage Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2012
This Club is great to work with multi fascilities. Membership and Management is great.
Cons
nothing
21 May 2019

Thank you for the kind feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experience at our Club.
We take pride in being Industry leaders with regards to our facilities. In addition, we are also very proud of our management and the high level of quality service they continue to achieve. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Donalda Golf & Country Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Donalda Golf & Country Club Reviews by Location