Domtar Employee Review

Strange and bizzare place to work
electrician (Former Employee) –  espanola ontario2 August 2013
I worked here as an electrician. They rotate you through different departments every 4 months before they put you on shift. I had no problems in the first dept and enjoyed working with the people and the bosses.
When I was sent to a new dept after about 4 weeks my boss went to all my previous coworkers to see if there were any faults in me and my work. Amazingly my coworkers who I thought were my friends were overflowing in there condemnations.
In my 25yr career I have never experienced such psychological warfare. I refused to sign a very restrictive contract for my employment, and because of this was fired.
Another bizarre aspect of the company is the fact that there is a
n a z i shrine in the basement.
If you have a heart of stone and are a chameleon then this is your company. I would recommend sticking to Sudbury Jobs.
Pros
occasional gift cards given good wage
Cons
schizophrenic management style.

Other Domtar Employee Reviews

Good wages and experience. Poor management.
Steam Plant Assistant Shift Engineer/ Operator (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON21 April 2018
Great place to learn about a very broad spectrum of equipment encountered in our field.
First class rated plant allows for all required exam time.
Equipment is quite old with much upgading/maintenance needed.
The employees are generally well trained though at present are mostly new to the mill due to a high rate of retirement.
Management has a very, I say 40s style.
Safety is a priority and money is being spent to upgrade equipment.
Rotating 12 hr. shift schedule 3.2.2.3.2.2. Your schedule can and often does change on a weekly basis.
Pros
Plant size and equipment with steam time availability.
Cons
Management style and shift irregularity.
Good wage
Student shutdown worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 March 2018
Didn't work there long due to it being a temporary position but the pay was great. Big company with lots of employees. Learned social aspects of the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domtar. Our community is ready to answer.