Domtar Employee Review

Domtar - Stable environment
Analyste technique (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC26 December 2013
A typical day of work is answering all calls from internal clients and replying to their request and incidents via email and resolving their issues as much as possible unless it needs to be transfered to second level.

The management is ok but too severe for its own good. Being strick is a good thing but abusing it can be harmful for your employee's moral.

The team I work with is amazing, we learn from each other allot.

Moving up the ladder in this enterprise is close to impossible, they are not an IT company and it shows.

Other Domtar Employee Reviews

Good wages and experience. Poor management.
Steam Plant Assistant Shift Engineer/ Operator (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON21 April 2018
Great place to learn about a very broad spectrum of equipment encountered in our field.
First class rated plant allows for all required exam time.
Equipment is quite old with much upgading/maintenance needed.
The employees are generally well trained though at present are mostly new to the mill due to a high rate of retirement.
Management has a very, I say 40s style.
Safety is a priority and money is being spent to upgrade equipment.
Rotating 12 hr. shift schedule 3.2.2.3.2.2. Your schedule can and often does change on a weekly basis.
Pros
Plant size and equipment with steam time availability.
Cons
Management style and shift irregularity.
Good wage
Student shutdown worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 March 2018
Didn't work there long due to it being a temporary position but the pay was great. Big company with lots of employees. Learned social aspects of the workplace.