Domino's

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,787 reviews

Fast paced environment

Dominos is a place where you make lots of new friends the environment is good. Salary paid is not good they want us to work 10 times more than what we are paid.

Stressful, poorly managed and underpaid

The team members are great. The management and owners? Not so much. If you're in management, expect to never have a day off because you're going to be getting a phone call and text constantly. If you ask for a raise in exchange for the harsh working environments (late night shifts, stressful rush due to lack of staff, impossible demands by the owner) you'll more than likely be denied. Their company policies are just as ridiculous, with the expectation that you can't even dye your hair.

Pros

Discounts on food, health benefits depending on ownership

Cons

No work life balance, high expectations for low pay, stressful working environment, terrible work hours

Insights into Domino's

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Frustrated Manager

I worked out of town about 70 hours per week. I was paid essentially minimum wage for the expectations placed on my shoulders with no offer of travel pay for my 2 hour drive each way, 7 days a week.

Fun working environment

Fun working environment. Good people to worked with.Lots of Rush hours all through out the day. Time management and detailed daily plan. Needs to focus on food safety at all times.

Pros

Free meal

Good woekplace

Its alright but the pay is less. Other than that the working environment is good. Schedule could be a problem sometime as it fluctuates a lot depending on the weather condition and business requirement

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Too much pizza

One of the most confusing places I have ever worked.

My time at domino's pizza was just over a year long. A typical day would start with an employee getting to the store half an hour early to open the store (turn on oven, computers count till etc..). Throughout the day, food prep was needed to be done, as well as ensuring all the dough is properly proofed and at the correct temperature before use. Now, when I first stated at domino's pizza is was fairly straight forward. The management were younger but that didn't bother me. Training was a matter of watching, then trying to do yourself. There were no training tools or food safety course you had to take. Then, the new owner bought the store and swapped the way we open and do daily checklists, were being completed to an app on your phone. This confused many employes to start, but soon got the hang of it. When the new owner came in, i was bumped up from CSR (customer service representative) to GM (General Manager). I was excited and gladly accepted the position, expecting I would receive training for the position. I would never receive the training. I was expected to work 7 days a week while making $700 salary per week.

Pros

50% staff discount

Cons

not competitive wage, unrealistic expectations.

Lifeless Hellhole

All employees are taken full advantage of and compensated inadequately for the amount of stress instilled. Labour goals are insanely unrealistic resulting in overworked, under appreciated staff.

Pros

Crew discount not even worthwhile.

Cons

Everything.

Awesome, fun job but you lose your social life

As a closer you work until around 1am-3am, so your life outside of work suffers. Aside from that, this job has been incredibly fun. The staff is awesome and up beat, the job is very simple, and it pays well!

Pros

Flexible hours, fun, well paying

Cons

No social life

Good environment

Dominos is a good place to work but the hours are non flexible. I been working at dominos for 7 years now and it's really great environment to work and good food

Pros

Free food

Cons

Non flex single hours

fun workplace but upper management is terrible

Working at Domino's has been a terrible experience. I love the people I work with and the store I run but upper management does the opposite of help. They let you sink then blame you and publicly scold you when numbers are not the best. When trying to get help upper management merely brushes you off. Over all terrible management style but great in store atmosphere Loyalty is not a strong pint they will throw you under the bus the first chance they get.

Pros

nice people, fun job

Cons

long hours, no benefits, no help, terrible upper management

it will ruin your life

Working for a pizza company at any level outside of delivery driver is the worst thing you could make a person do.lots of high stress, long hours for low pay.generally working under selfish franchisees or managers who only care about their own issues, usually using any and all excuses to not do their own work then blaming you for it.long un-paid hours under false ruses and other corporate tricks to keep you working hard for less money and no benefits.hardest part of the job was relying on less the optimal staff as no sane person ends up in a pizza store for life. generally relying on thieves and degenerates to keep the store open, and all for minimum wage. even as general manager you barely break entry level wages in most other job sectors.if you or a family member is working as a pizza store manager, do them a favour and get them fired, it is the best thing you could do for them.

Pros

free pizza

Cons

see below.