Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 729 reviews matching the search See all 17,559 reviews
Worst Management I've Ever Had
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 September 2018
I'll just lay this out nice and easy. Management is picked by a willingness to do a lot of work for very, VERY little pay. In other words, you'd have to be a complete boob to take the job. Coincidentally, my manager WAS a complete boob. Very unresponsive to opening up hours, constantly booking over workers availability and giving MY pre-approved hours and shifts away to new employees. When the new employees didn't stay, I covered the shifts. Constantly stayed late and helped out tried to get a response from somebody but all I could see was a completely self absorbed employer that wasn't paying attention to anyones (let alone my own) efforts to improve the store. Certainly never hope to work there again and if I do I hope it's in the higher ups.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours, Bad Pay, Bad Management, No Benefits
One of the most confusing places I have ever worked.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  High River, AB25 October 2018
My time at domino's pizza was just over a year long. A typical day would start with an employee getting to the store half an hour early to open the store (turn on oven, computers count till etc..). Throughout the day, food prep was needed to be done, as well as ensuring all the dough is properly proofed and at the correct temperature before use.

Now, when I first stated at domino's pizza is was fairly straight forward. The management were younger but that didn't bother me. Training was a matter of watching, then trying to do yourself. There were no training tools or food safety course you had to take. Then, the new owner bought the store and swapped the way we open and do daily checklists, were being completed to an app on your phone. This confused many employes to start, but soon got the hang of it. When the new owner came in, i was bumped up from CSR (customer service representative) to GM (General Manager). I was excited and gladly accepted the position, expecting I would receive training for the position. I would never receive the training. I was expected to work 7 days a week while making $700 salary per week.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
not competitive wage, unrealistic expectations.
Horrible place. Cant wait to report them
Part-time Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2018
The amount of unhealthy and unsafe things I've seen here is overwhelming. They give unfair special treatment to some employees no matter time spent there. They don't let us keep tips, don't even habe a schedule for us (they call us less than 24 hours to tell us if we have a shift or not), and after over a year of being employed there and working very hard, I haven't gotten a raise. Even the people who have been there longer still make minimum wage. Absolutely no future here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, pizza making is fun
Cons
Literally everything else
Fun working place with different culture and religious background
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
A lot of scope for learning and different food handling techniques

Time management and delivering without any errors or very minimal

The hardest part of job would be handling orders on critical days like fest and events

Managerial skills and inventory techniques are at best
Pros
Free pizzas and food on huge sale days
Cons
salary and benefits are low compared to other food chain businesses
good management with an ethical treatment for all.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 December 2018
working in Dominos is fun, never had an issue with the management and understand your situation especially to us working moms. We have a good compensation.
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 November 2018
it was a wonderful experience to know my neighbouring city where i worked for good four months and i really enjoyed it but as there aren't much salary or job benefits so i decided not to do it for long enough.
Horrible company to work for!!!!
DZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 February 2018
Terrible business. The staff who work in the office are unprofessional. Always eating while on the phones, ignoring the drivers and being rude to them. Making racial comments about the drivers. It’s just sickening. The transportation/D&S manager is an absolute moron. He is too young to be attempting to run a department and it shows. The office staff/D&S Team Leaders are impossible to work with and it’s their way or the highway. Extremely unfair to the drivers who actually work hard. If you want to stay married or have a life other than working like a slave, please aviod applying to this company 95% of what they promise you is a complete lie!!!
Pros
Instant medical and dental employment benefits, DZ salary is awesome
Cons
zero communication, poor management, long hours, favoritism at it's worst
Horrible Franchise, corporate doesn’t care about employees.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
Domino’s Pizza is the leading pizza company in the world, yet has the worst system for career advancement. Builds its empire on the backs of people, and yet only cares about lining their pockets. Each franchise is individually owned and owners are not regulated. They make promises, offers and they lie and get away with everything. You will work long hours, on your feet working very very hard, dealing with high stress situations, exhausted, missing your family, every day and they only want more more more. There demands are ridiculous. The head office staff change like you change your socks so nothing is consistent and your treated like idiots even though you may have 10 years experience on them. They are a company built on greed and they have no morals. It’s all about the $$.
Watch out for this company and unless your an owner don’t spend your life trying to career with them. They can’t be trusted.
Pros
You meet some great customers and fellow team members.
Cons
No life, liars, greedy.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 July 2018
Lack of professionalism. Some franchisees bully. No private life when off duty. Gotta watch your back. Advice is to keep to yourself, don't let anyone get close, nobody is your friend. Best only for a stepping stone.
Benefits
Cons
Co management cant mind their own business
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 March 2018
Great place to work for, awesome management and employees.
However there is not much room for advancement career wise.

The hardest part of this job is not having access to health benefits especially as a father with children.

I have learn to interact with customers first hand and excel in front end customer service. I have also had opportunities to learn money management as well as food preparation.
Pros
great hours, flexible schedule
Cons
no health benefits
Negative people. No benefits. no real room for growth.
Assisstant Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 February 2018
As I'm still there currently. it's really not what anything like their job posting they've released.
Little to no room for advancement. Favoritism is abound and being a manager is not a title that means much there. Expected to do 3 O clock closes to 9 o clock opens. No system put into place for any type of reprimand or discipline. The adage of just don't worry they'll work eventually. Seems to be the take there.
Pros
Advancement isn't difficult. If you like a lot of hours 100+ then thats good.
Cons
No discipline, long, unfair hours, and lack of complacency in most staff. not all. favoritism and Bias abound. No benefits.
Not a good place to work.
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 August 2018
The employees are childish, the management is absent and teenagers are running the shop. A tense work environment. I was fired with no explanation and lied to when it came to asking why. I explained all I wanted was to know how to improve and they didnt care. Some employees were great, but most of them were rude and short tempered, and bullying goes on within the store and, shocking, THEY DONT CARE.

"It was a management decision" - them
Thats funny when 3/4 of managers had no idea why and didnt know it had happened.

Overall terrible place to work. Do not recommend.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inflexible hours, rude employees/managers
Warning***
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 January 2018
If you want to give everything you have to be treated like trash, apply. Wages and treatment were horrific. Contract drivers treated like used gum.

It is my understanding that the drivers compensation package was changed shortly after my termination, I can't imagine that the treatment has changed.

Drivers were paid $6 per hour to be ready for a delivery using their own cars and the contract clearly stated that you could provide your own pizza bags. When I broached this topic, I was fired for trying to save a few buck for myself.

The corporate Dominos locations are the worst place I have ever worked in my 30 years in the workforce! Avoid if at all possible.
Pros
50% off pizza
Cons
Management, wages, unfair treatment of drivers
Customer Service and delivery (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON9 November 2018
Domino’s Collingwood has an amazing team! They work and treat you like family. They try there best to be flexible and meet your needs. They hold high standards for product and service, and try to have fun at the same time. It’s a very fast paced environment.
Lots of room for advancement and good pay when working through there system. Busy delivery store, so the drivers also make great income for a pizza store.
Pros
Friendly team, kind management
Cons
Very high paced at times
nice people, not so good pay
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Canyon Meadows, AB16 April 2018
I worked there for 2 mouths, i made $7.40 hr + plus tips (which they don't tax). I left because i was working part time and had a lot of driving between school and other things. it wasn't worth it for me but if you work a lot, you might make some good money
Pros
good people, fun, fast past environment (during rush)
Cons
$7.40hr, lots of people don't tip good, can get very slow during the day, no gas benefits
dont work there
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 May 2018
they treat you like garbage. they'll lie to your face just to get you in the door then fire you once you voice your opinion.
its a cancerous place.
you've been warned
Pros
good benifits
Cons
terminated for speaking up
productive and fun place to work with a very strong team dynamic that's practically family
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 November 2018
Working at Dominos for 2.5 years as a delivery driver was some of the most fun I've ever had at a job ever. As long as you're putting in a fair amount of extra work (like folding boxes, cutting pizzas, and putting up stickers) you can spend a lot of your extra spare time on your phone or sitting in your car, relaxing inbetween deliveries.
Pros
Free food, great team dynamic, listen to your own music, cash daily!(delivery driver)
Cons
long hours, closing shift takes you until 4am sometimes on the weekend, hard to manage a relationship with hours like that.
Fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
I learned how to handle customer complaint. How to be a good team leader. Good management training. Meeting every first Monday of the month. Fun to work with different cultures. boss giving bonus when u hit the weekly target sales.
Pros
Every day Learnings
Cons
Good and understanding management. Enjoyable work environment
Pizza Maker and serving customers (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON4 September 2018
The manager was always understanding when I needed to take time off as well as if I had to leave due to an emergency. I always felt as though I could speak to him with him understanding any situation. I never had any issues with communicating with him. The management was also very informative which helped me learn fast and efficiently. The work environment was always upbeat and fun. The workers became good friends and enjoyed each others company, as well as working well and productively together. The hardest part of the job was some difficult customers, which I learnt how to deal with well, never any management or coworker issues.
Pros
discount on food, enjoyable work
Cons
long time on your feet
Worst place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conception Bay South, NL23 September 2018
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. Constant harassment from other employees, terrible management, low wages and just overall wasn't a pleasant place to work. I dreaded going to work everyday. As a supervisor, I was making $0.25 more than the newest employees, while the store manager was making only $13.00/hr. The company does not show respect towards their employees. When food would be outdated, we were told to put a new expiration date on it. If thrown out, the owners/management would provide write ups for stealing and wasting food. This place was terrible and I hope to one day see many improvements as they are well needed.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K