Dominion Lending Centres

Mortgage Agent16 reviews
Canada16 reviews

greatcompanyworkmortgageenjoyjoblotplace

Very Good People and Environment to work In

I worked at Dominion Lending for more then a year and I really enjoyed it. The management and broker helped me a lot and I gained a lot of skills and experience. The agent role all depends on you the more effort the more results.

Big network, recognizable brand

There are quite a few fees, you can probably find a cheaper company to work with but they do provide good training and support so there is value there.

Insights into Dominion Lending Centres

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Find the Dominion Lending Centres that fits your work ethics-ask lots of questions!

The company is amazing, however the office we worked at was not run properly, and people were leaving because of that reason solely. You can learn a lot by asking questions. Every brokerage is different. Do the research before committing.

Great for independent work

Gives more time for flexibility. Work from home. Have the opportunity to make a lot of money depending on the efforts that you put in. Satisfaction from helping people to reach their goals.

Pros

Independent work environment

Cons

business development can be challenging

General

The nature of the job does not provide any security or salary benefits. If you ask head-office for help as last resort, they won't shake the boat from others & let you be cold turkey.

Great company - Great management

I really liked working with some of the management, great people. great culture (depending on location), everyone gets along. Corporate company, non-corporate culture.

Mortgage Broker

Expensive monthly fees for minimal guidance and no lead generation. Most Brokerages that charge a monthly fee will build an agents web site it however benefits the brokerage not the agent, with the exception of the web site no other value services offered by the broker.

great place to work, awseome company

great place too work, friendly people. you make your own hours you decide how much income you would like to make based on how much work you put in. you need to find your own clients and give them a reason to come see you as a broker and not a bank.

Pros

you make your own schedual

Cons

Commission run business that succeeds through self sourced leads

Networking and lead analysis drive sales revenue and business growth. If i deem leads to be qualified, i will construct an application and proceed with determining the best lender for the deal.

Great organization

Great place to work also great ongoing support, they are always expanding. It's a career with great future potential.Hard work will pay off.

Respected Company to work for - with good values, and focused on achieving results while maintaining a work positive environment

Well respected group with a focus on achieving business results but at the same time making it a fun and positive environment with good values and ethics.

Pros

team support

Cons

n/a

Great brand and company

Great brand and great company to work for. Support from head office is excellent.

Productive and fast paced

DL is a fast paced and productive environment I have learned a lot over the years pertaining to the mortgage industry ,customer service and time management Most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy the client and make sure they feel secure in their investment Helping people to purchase a new home or to refinance to pay out debt and provide an easier balance in their life The most difficult part of this job is that there is no benefits or pension to help provide an easier future for myself.. a lot of hard work and no bonus to compensate

Pros

Able to attend outside appointments if required..make up time as needed

Cons

No benefit/pension or bonus

A new challenge every day

Brainstorming, mentoring and learning new ways to get business, is what we do. In this business you cannot get too "UP" or too "DOWN", as the landscape changes frequently. All in all a great place to work.

Pros

Helping people finance their dreams

Cons

Very limited client base, as the Banks and TrustCos are buying business

This was my first position in this industry

This was a commission based position. During this time I was looking for a salaried position which I had found with Heritage Lending Group.

Pros

Always learning.

Cons

Hard to find deals and survive.

allows for flexible hours, and potentially large salary

-cold calling is essential, as well as referrals from realtors, friends etc in order to generate business- learned a great deal about the Canadian housing market, credit, and the requirement of different lender's capacity to lend- management is very easy going and friendly as well as other team members- it is difficult to obtain business if you are not consistantly advertising and talking to people in the field- it is nice to make your own hours and work at your own pace - however you do need to meet your clients when it is best for them...which can during the weekends and evenings.

Pros

you are your own boss

Cons

commission based position without any leads or initial referrals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Lending Centres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement