Dominion Lending Centres

Dominion Lending Centres Employee Reviews for Broker

Broker2 reviews
Canada2 reviews

greatcompanyworkmortgageenjoyjoblotplace

Great company, solid leadership, forward vision

Strong leadership and senior management team, who deliver what they promise. Focused on their franchisees, brokerages, and agents, offering services and support that are second to none in the Canadian mortgage broker industry. No one is perfect, but DLC comes close.

Gained valuable skills in handling complex financial challenges in a fast-paced environment

My current role has been instrumental in contributing to my skill-set. A typical day at work consists of getting in touch with clients to understand their case and assist them in securing a mortgage. I act as a bridge between the lender and borrower and am responsible for collecting all documents and handling all administrative tasks associated with an application for financing. The core of my duties lies in analyzing each profile by reviewing clients’ financial information to assess affordability. I exercise my analytical and reasoning skills by assessing quantitative and qualitative features of each profile – including annual business/employment income, credit score, repayment history, income stability etc. Moreover, I use tools such as loan servicing ratios to ensure that borrowers are not exceeding their financing limits, thereby reducing likelihood of loan defaults. The most enjoyable part is the opportunity to build lasting relations with lenders and borrower and being able to assist borrowers in their difficult circumstances. Likewise, the hardest part of the job is not being able to help clients who are in sincere need of financing but who cannot be assisted due to poor credit/repayment history.

Insights into Dominion Lending Centres

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Lending Centres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement