Dominion Bar + Kitchen

Dominion Bar + Kitchen Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
A great team of hard working people that feel like family and friends.
AGM (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 November 2019
Best job in the industry I have ever had. From the first interview to now...5 months later... has been awesome. I feel supported and am recognized for my hard work. Great staff and customers make it a joy to come in every day.
Official response from Dominion Bar + Kitchen
3 February 2020

Thank you for your review! Our Dominion Team is great and full of energy. I am glad to hear you feel supported and recognized for your hard work by your manager. Thank you for being an integral part of our team!

A toxic place to work at.
Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 October 2019
Management is probably the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Not quite sure how the GM has been kept for so long. Managers will talk poorly about you to other staff. Instead of having conversations with you on how you can improve, they’ll just take shifts away from you. These managers don’t know how to communicate, only know how to be petty. Can’t give their old staff hours but can hire new ones and give them the hours. Such a backwards place work at.
productive, fun place to work
Hostess / Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 September 2019
Working at Dominion Bar + Kitchen, was a great experience I had, the environment is so friendly, heartwarming, the thought of going to work made me happy.
Official response from Dominion Bar + Kitchen
16 September 2019

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear that you had such a great experience at Dominion! Make sure you come back for a tasty meal and to say hello!

Unorganized qnd demotivating
Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey30 May 2019
If you want to work hard and be appreciated this is not the place. Schedules are not made on time and you get scheduled when you’re not available. Your schedule can change in less than 24 hours with no notice. Appreciate staff who don’t show up, steal and so on. Management is definitely not supportive of staff a lot of time barking orders or sitting on the computer. A lot of of people putting in their two cents from the main company when they don’t even understand basic service and guest needs. Training is by far the worst I’ve seen, if you’re looking to start serving with no experience when they’re desperate they’ll throw you to the wolves. If you want to work in a place filled with gossip, toxic people and to be used than apply
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated, no positive reinforcements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Bar + Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

Dominion Bar + Kitchen Reviews by Job Title