Dometic Corporation Employee Reviews

If you don't have to.....DON'T work here!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, IN17 April 2018
Almost all Management is terrible and lazy! The culture for the Office is just if not worst than the production floor, not a team. Needs more work and less Gossip. Won't get offered/told to go take a lunch. No problems get solved because corporate won't approve them nor management cares. Supervisor just expects you to learn everything while they sit on their butt.

Benefits are outrageously priced and terrible!

The ONLY pro is salary compensation is fair for office but not for Production.
Good warehouse
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA16 April 2018
It was a good warehouse job while it lasted. You get along with everyone there the hours were long but the overtime was always there. The pay was good and everyone always did their part.
weld engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN27 March 2018
too much old equipment, bad management, not automotive, too far from home, not enough staff, too much with not much time, not enough funds for projects or even just upkeep
Pros
robots
Cons
management
Like the product. Ok place to work.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN27 November 2017
I did like working for Dometic but working every sat SUCKS! They don't care about u. Pay sucks! And don't expect a raise. I worked with a woman on my line said she been there 8yrs and just staring making 14 an hr Wow that's so much for million dollar company! I tried to get into another plant and they denied me after promising me the job.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short breakes pay sucks
Productuve but stressful
RV parts (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN8 November 2017
Didn't get enough training seem like every time you keep busy or doing enough at the job they sometimes be criticizing you not doing enough or working fast enough!
Pros
Paid on all breaks
Cons
Alright pay
Demanding fast paced stressful environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN25 October 2017
Required to answer calls and answer questions for one customer while imputing orders sent in from another customer. Had to have four computer screens open to attempt to keep up. No breaks given. The management has "pets". There is no team environment.
Pros
It was a paycheck during an eccomic downturn.
Cons
Tremendously stressful environment
I loved my job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN8 October 2017
My job at dometic was great. If I could I would go back the people was nice my supervisor was awesome an I loved the hours. I really liked my job there
Pros
good pay, good hours, nice people, easy work
Cons
to hot, had to work Saturdays
nice place to work. pay was advarge
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN3 October 2017
i really liked working here to be honest. it was fast pased but once i caught on i was great. the people were good too. got along with almost everyone. only issue was that i didnt get the top pay i thought i deserved.
Pros
good job, great insurance, nice people
Cons
pay plato at a low rate.
Great atmosphere
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, IN30 August 2017
I loved working at Dometic and wanted to go permanent. My job was under contract. It was close to my residence. I liked my bosses and the coworkers. Great pay.
Old management was decent, new management changes things.
Special Projects Assistant (Former Employee) –  RV Air Conditioning production facility.30 August 2017
I worked there under the old regime, and it wasn't bad. I had one employee to take care of, and my supervisors were great. Then, new management changed The game and it got very harsh.
Pros
Allowed to run the show as I saw fit and got results.
Cons
New management ruined the atmosphere.
A Lot of Overtime Offered
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Big Prairie, OH23 July 2017
The company has experienced a significant increase in sales over the last couple of years and overtime has become normal (at least 45 hours a week). As a result, there is a high level of job security along with plenty of opportunities to work extra hours.
However, the company's process is kind of chaotic. The production deadlines do not match the shipping deadlines, employees are moved around the shop constantly to fill demand, some supervisors put a lot of pressure on employees to work quickly, and inventory runs out of parts.
It is not all bad though. With it being a fairly small plant the people (from all departments) are extremely social and friendly, both inside and outside of work.

*Some people have complained that full-time positions (and benefits) are offered selectively and not at the times that they are promised, but I have noticed that if you are persistent and let management know how important benefits are for you they are more likely to offer them. This sometimes means threatening to leave or letting them know what other offers you have.
Pros
Overtime pay, promotions offered, friendly
Cons
fast-paced, scheduling changes often
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, IN3 July 2017
Great place to work ive not been there in 18 years enjoyed working for this company glad to see the refrigeration manufacturing in the usa of elkhart indiana
Very Productive Neat and Clean
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IN7 June 2017
No better way to end the day knowing you going hone 2 hours before your original off time. This job let you leave when your job for that day is done no matter what time it is and you still got paid for the whole day I just loved this job
Work as a temp employee
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, IN17 May 2017
A day at Dometic can be very stressful. But that's most because the people on my line don't really want to work hard to make our number. There's a lot of OT which I don't mind, but I wish there was no Saturday work. I get along with pretty much everyone, and my bosses are pretty good. Only negative thing I can say is that management don't really do anything about the people who re not working.
Pros
Lunch truck
Cons
People you work with are grown crybabies, The bosses dont do much about non working or slow people, Pay sucks
Non Productive, High Turn over
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, IN17 May 2017
High turnover, poor management and most weeks are mandatory 60 hr weeks, and you can count on working every Saturday without a break. New employees sometimes quit the 1st day before lunch time even get here.
Pros
Good shift
Cons
Management, Turnover rate
Bad management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, IN15 May 2017
The management is poor and they will fire you for having to take days off for health reasons. There is no advancement opportunities. You are allowed 3 points.
Outstanding Company
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, TN1 May 2017
Dometic ensures that all of their products meet a certain level of excellency, and are cost efficient for their costumers. Dometic's products enhance the Mobile lifestyle with their hard work.
8 May 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are passionate about our products, and our end users and we are glad you were able to experience this first-hand!

Unorganized and fresh
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goshen, IN29 April 2017
This company is under new management and is still trying to get it's feet under them. It's very dirty in the building but that comes from all the forklifts around.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
new management
8 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience at Dometic was not positive. We are under new leadership and are working at improving in all facets.

Exciting Company to Work For & Brand You'll Actually Love
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, IN12 April 2017
Dometic is a great! I have never felt more respected in a workplace. The leadership is reliable, efficient, and approachable. All of my colleagues are motivated, creative, and supportive. The collaborative efforts are truly making a positive difference. There is room to grow and if you work hard, you will be successful here. Overall, the consistent effort to improve - both internally for employees and externally for end-consumers - has made Dometic an exciting company to work for and a brand I love.
Pros
Positive environment, caring coworkers, changes in the right direction, supportive processes, organized agenda, creative freedom
8 May 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We agree that there are endless opportunities for success within our company. We will continue to grow and improve, ensuring we put forth the dedication and consistency need to excel in our industry. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time at Dometic!

fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, IN21 March 2017
dometic is a extremely fast paced production environment and have to learn quick with a fast paced demanding management team with benifits and learning how to use air tools and different hand tools

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dometic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.