Domcor Employee Reviews

Gossip center
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 October 2018
Management has no clue what we do .none
There is one girl that thinks she owns it all .these are her "trucks ". No room for advancement and pay is below standards ...
What a rush
Traffic Control Person (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 April 2018
I’m am new to traffic control and I’m loving it, all of my coworkers kick butt. Big highway setups are my favourite, it shows people the intensity and skill we have.
Pros
It’s a rush.
Cons
Zip
Traffic Control
Traffic Control Person (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 April 2018
I think the bad reviews are totally wrong, I have been with Domcor for about a year and it is such a good environment to work at, all my coworkers are amazing and the managers are super friendly.
Pros
So much training opportunities
Cons
Wish I would have come here sooner.
good
Traffic Control Person (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC10 April 2018
the job is a great job work get to see many different places and you get to meet many different people

the pay is great

the only down fall to this job is it doesnt work with have kids and having to put your kids in daycare
Needs more stability
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC5 April 2018
Worked OT when asked to finish projects, but never got paid overtime, nor got a raise when told I would. I had to take the time off, but was behind because no one did the job when I took the time off, no proper back-up in place. Owner of Domcor came in wanting to change things on his terms without knowing what was going on or talking to anyone in the Office. The owner has no idea of what or who does anything there. Told people they were not loyal, not properly educated, not doing their jobs.
Pros
Staff, Had opportunity
Cons
Owner, Management, Organization, Pay, No OT, Over worked, Under appreciated
Traffic Controller
Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 March 2018
I have been with Domcor for a few years now and with the new management it’s turning out to be an awesome place to work with so much to offer in career paths within the company. I am so glad I stuck around there is a lot of big changes happening for the better.
Pros
Domcor is Canada wide, I can go anywhere.
Cons
Dangerous job
Great company to work for.
Traffic Control Person (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2018
Domcor is a great company to work for, sure they have had a few flaws but what company doesn’t. Staff and management were great, can’t wait for paving season to start up. I have noticed that the other traffic control companies really try to talk badly about Domcor, that is just what some companies do I guess.
Pros
Very respectful to the employees and contractors
Cons
The pay is good, could be a little better. Lol
Excellent company division in the Okanagan
TCS (Current Employee) –  Vernon BC13 February 2018
Domcor is fairly new here in the Okanagan and is a excellent company to work for very well put together work is fairly steady Dispatch is very polite!
Pros
Flexible polite good people!
Cons
N/a
Domcor
Wildland Firefighter (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 July 2017
The training provided was very helpful. The other co-workers were excellent to work with. The supervisors were very good to get a long with and were very helpful when needed.
Pros
Training
Cons
H2S gases
hated it here
Traffic Control Person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC3 July 2017
I found the boss really rude and uncalled for. she pretty much belittles you and does not care if there are other co workers around. the hardest part about the job was dealing with the boss her self. my typical day was get up at 4 am go to work for six am and work till 7 at night. what I learned was not to trust the drivers on the road and how to stand my ground with them. the work place depends on who you were working with they may be good and may be bad.
poor to work for
Traffic Control Person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 June 2017
I had nothing but problems here I was a new flagger sent out with no training and was put down by the company. I was sent out of town and had a partner who did drugs before work, brought it up to the company.
Pros
non
Cons
they did not care about drug usage before work
the lead hired friends
Traffic Control Person (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC6 March 2017
Originally created to give students job opportunities in the summer, the job was made difficult due to over hiring and poor communication on behalf of the lead traffic control. Employees would only get about 8 hours notice of a 12 hour shift, not told it would be 12 hours of work, and a vague idea of job location sites. Many times the lead failed to hand off communication equipment resulting in dangerous work environments for the TCP
Pros
sun
Cons
management
Subcontractor traffic control company
Flagger Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC16 January 2017
Started out as a good company with lots of work and helpful office staff. Office operations moved to victoria with high turnover rate for office staff which resulted in dispatch not knowing who we were when we needed info for work, they "assumed" people quit.
*Dispatch issues like being sent to the wrong place, wrong times or just not being dispatched at all
* Didn't have enough equipment to spread between the ever expanding branches which resulted in loss of contracts
* Non-union
* No seniority, favourites got work even if name requested
* contractors were frustrated by office
* owners have no interest/experience in traffic control. Almost fired people for doing their job
Pros
Construction/industry experience
Cons
Management, seasonal work, sub contracted work.
Not a stable enviroment
Traffic Control Person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 January 2017
My opinion of this company is not the highest. Most of the employees were fantastic to work with but the management is very scattered and the quality of satisfaction is very low. I enjoyed the amount of work and being left to my own devices but a lot of the work was guess and go, which I did not appreciate.
Pros
Faith in guessing work layout and dependancy
Fun and great work vibe
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  Keephills, AB13 October 2016
It was a complete great learning experience I want a career in this field thanks to this company . The environment was fast paced but I enjoyed everyone's cheerful helpful attitudes
DOMCOR - man watch/hole watch
Safety Man Watch (Former Employee) –  Wabamun, AB26 April 2016
A typical day at work..
Suit up, go through the hazards, stretch and waiting for your placements so you know where you will be man watching (hole watch).
The supervisor/leads will review the important information of the workplace area and what kind of hazards we will come across.
The work performed at the plant is very dangerous.
The lead/supervisors always have contact with you, they fill in for you when you need an emergency break.
the hardest part of the job is sitting in a chair for 3 hours straight, trying to stay awake.
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, and learning what type of work the welders, scaffolders do.
Pros
1/2 breaks
Traffic Control Person
Traffic Control Person (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 December 2015
Job sites varied, as did the type of flagging. Was casual work, do not get too many hours from that company.

They don't give you shifts if you go to school to get more upgrading for certificates.
Pros
long shifts
Cons
Not enough work
A great job.
Part time labourer/TCP (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 November 2015
Learned how to traffic control.
Made very good money.
Worked with amazing people all over BC.
Worked up to 17 hours.
Hardest part was the long hours (but the pay check was good)
Pros
Got to Travel.
Cons
Some rude people i met.
Love working outdoors, friendly co-workers Seasonal work
Traffic Control Person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC30 October 2014
A typical day at work would be loading the truck with equipment that is needed for the day. Signage, cones and wind-masters. Driving out to the site to meet with the company that we are working with that day.. Having a safety meeting to go over what is going to be happening, safety precautions that need to be taken to stay safe for us and the public. Then setting up the signage on the highway or road we will be working on. Then providing the safety and direction of the traffic on the roads to avoid dangerous drivers. The hardest part of the job was to control traffic, drivers that didn't want to obey to the rules and signage provided on the roads. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be outside when it is nice and sunny and enjoying the environment and fresh air and wildlife.
Cons
long hours and no days off while job is running
Awesome people to work with, both our crew and contractors.
Supervisor / TCP (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC13 May 2013
The Pine Pass was my *Super Baby*. My day started at 4:30 am. After fueling company truck and picking up crew, we started off on our hour travel through other sites run by DOMCOR . Upon arrival I set up my North Queue and made my way south, setting and adjusting the site, all barrels deliniators and pylons along the way. After setting my south queue, I proceeded to clean all signs, replacing when worn or ruined and thus our long day begins. I releived all TCPs as well as our Pilot truck for coffee breaks washroom breaks lunches and even just to sit in the truck to thaw out The weather was unpredictable and reached lows of -30 in the mountains.Our day was wrapped up usually about 6:30 - 7:00 pm. Our hour journey home was usually quiet..By the time we reached "home", dropping off an always exhausted crew I got to bed about 9 pm after the completion of my paperwork. .I enjoyed my job, my supervisors the crews we worked with and for.I would go back in a heartbeat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domcor. Our community is ready to answer.