Domcor Health, Safety and Security Inc.

Domcor Health, Safety and Security Inc. Employee Reviews

No safety, manager is unapproachable. Lots of sites did not want domcor . They don't care about their vehicle's says union NOT no benefits lowest flagging wages on the island Employees complain constantly very hard mentally 👏
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours, no breaks, no ppe etc
Wouldn't work for them ever again, management was horrible........... people were back stabbing and two faced zero trust in employees, always had an employee for a rat..
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor wage, incompetent management
Saw a lot and heard a lot of things, many bad things. Many many bad things. But some good things. But mostly bad things. But the good things were ok and kind of made it better but the bad things were pretty bad. Supervisor always farted in the patrol truck too, man that guy stunk bad sometimes but that was before covid I guess so they can’t fire him for that.
Pros
Got to work in patrol vehicles with no heat in the winter time in -0 temperatures
Cons
Always had to wear that terrible grey ball cap that made me look old as heck
Management does not care, in the recruiting process they lied, gets your hopes up and then crush it.What they offer you at the time of hire for wage is not what is on your pay check.Also offer company truck that did not happen.I never got the proper uniform for the position I held. I held on to see if the situation would improve as I don’t like jumping jobs. But, never improved.
Your just a number to the powers that be. The powers thst be make sure your kept trodden down enough not to make a stink and if you have something to say you wouldn't be able to figure out who to go to anyways. High turnover rate in the office doesn't help things either.
Pros
Take home trucks
Cons
No trust
Leadership/Bulling is defined and directed by the CEO and it stems all the way down to a negative, hostel work place. You get yelled at by the owner, degraded, and bullied. Run!!!
Pros
Not one what so ever
Cons
Way to many to list in
I have worked for over two years with Domcor and Safety Net Security. During this time I have enjoyed the fast paced busy days. It helps to be flexable and open to new ideas. I love working with the management team and I'm rewarded well for the work I do.
Pros
Great employees with a positive attitude. Caring boss who is always there to help.
Cons
Long days and can be stressful when you have deadlines to meet.
* Turnover in management was regular - different methods of report writing, methods of doing things in general, in different work sites, caused friction and doubt in the competency of the supervisors/managers. When rotation changes occurred every week, the above points became problematic. * I learned about driving on forest roads using the radio protocol required in remote BC areas. I learned more about remote camp life. * Workplace culture - who you knew was very important. Relatives were a part of this aspect of the job. It was great knowing other indigenous persons were hired. * Most enjoyable part of the job- static positions allowed me to enjoy BC wilderness/wildlife more. Getting a large paycheque was great! * Hardest part of the job- keeping warm in mid-winter, ie. coldest temperatures in the mountains. * Keeping a close eye on your pay was necessary.
Worst employer in Fort St. John - site c , poor management, too much gossip among employees, favouritism, union is useless has no power, shop Stewart’s are close to managers don’t care about other employees or following rules in CA.
Foremen and Management are good to work for and are able to convey information well , this is a union company as well so union dues will be taken from the checks.
I learned more professionalism from them I learned more skills more accuracy. they are a fantastic company to be employed with I truly enjoyed working with them
Needed more structured leadership. Sorely lack the ability to effectively communicate with mid management. Lack knowledgeable senior management, very disfunction-able organizational wise.
I don't mind working at Domcor. But it seems like everyday something changes or somebody leaves or somebody gets in trouble it's a very simple job easy to do but upper management is that an issue with people I guess I don't know but they keep pulling the strings and that's what happens everybody gets confused and nobody knows what they're doing half the time
As I have already submitted a review for this company, I will keep this short. I enjoyed the work that I did and the manuals that I had the privilege of creating.
Management needs to learn respect and responsibility for their employees and others. The management doesn't care what problems are going on with their employees as long as you are working they won't help with problems between co workers especially death threats.
Great place to work if you worked hard. Co workers were hit and miss. Overall if you put the effort in, you always had work, or were able to take time off when needed.
Good managers and job sites, lots of work, variety of job sites, variety of co-workers, variety of hours, need a licence to use the trucks then you get more work
was good to work with domcor. they kept me busy during the sundance and keephills shutdowns. leadership was there and nothing was ever done wrong. well maintained
Bad management, no communication between managers. The supervisior was very young, immature and inexperienced. Was forced to work in an environment where I was threatened, the co worker was written up and warned on the third day of work. I was scared and even though the bosses were informed about continuous action by this same co worker nothing was done.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, not enough work
Culture is a top down driven environment and at times difficult to achieve. The foundation is from the bottom up. I know the staff did their part and worked tirelessly in at times, stressful and difficult situations. I really enjoyed the opportunity, the awesome people, diverse clients.
Pros
Location, staff and management team, salary
Bad Management. Was manipulated to work shifts I was physically unable to do. Idea's for department growth we turned down, then used as management's idea. List goes on, was not happy and left on bad terms.
Pros
I enjoyed the work alone security calls, problem solving and dispatch
Cons
Administrative Manager conflicts