Dollarama Employee Reviews

Self-driven work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 May 2018
mostly autonomous work with a bit of direction, fairly typical minimum wage job. Various positions to be filled and was fairly flexible with them, from acting as a cashier, stocking shelves, customer service, and working in the back.
mediocre place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 May 2018
- customers can be rude and complain about pricing
- lots of theft
- a lot of multi tasking involved
- no discount for employees, or incentives or benefits for part time work
- the "no returns" policy makes customers angry
- easy job overall, but tends to be understaffed
- some management is also rude depending on the location, but if the coworkers are good, its a fun job merchandising.
- customers change their mind constantly, so be prepared to put away carts FULL of merchandise every night.
Pros
easy job, merchandising can be fun
Cons
customers are consistently rude and aggressive
It was cool to see what you can get for a dollar!
Cashier / Merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC7 May 2018
I worked as cashier and merchandiser. I took over-time to help get all the merchandise out that was overstocking in the back. I didn't want to leave, because it was an easy fun job, so hardest part is moving out of town and leaving that job.
First Cashier Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON7 May 2018
As far as entry level jobs, it was fairly simple - but still quite difficult at times. Lots of rude customers, but the staff always handled it professionally. Very very busy come holidays, but that helped time pass.
Pros
Not very boring
Cons
Honestly, the store is a whole lot of grey and that kinda gets to you after a while
it was alright for a short time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
It wasnt the hardest job but wasnt the easiest job, theyd make us punch out right on the minute at the end of the shift but keep us working past the time we punched out to get all the cleaning done which was illegal, i also didnt get paid $600 for one of my paycheques, sooo i had to leave this place because if there not going to pay me whats the point. I never saw justice for that paycheque.
Kinda slow but peacful
Cashier/close cash at days end (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 May 2018
A typical day would be me stocking shelves if I was not at the cash. The other workers were nice people so this was a huge plus for me during my sifts
Fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Castlegar, BC7 May 2018
This can be a fast paced place to work as it can get very busy at times. You need to be physically fit to work here. There is a lot of lifting and bending involved.
Pros
Dollarama gift cards, Tim Horton gift cards
Cons
work alot of weekends and you only know your schedule a week in advance
Not a bad place to work, lots of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON7 May 2018
Good place to work on retail workplace experience, shortest shift was 6 hours pay cheque was always good, and management works with you in tough situations.
Pros
Working with nice people
Cons
Overall great place to work because scheduling is very flexible and they work with your timings
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 May 2018
very well made schedules.
easy to take off days.
switching shifts is not a problem
great hours
friendly staff
can be difficult to work with some employees but majority are life long friends now.
Fun Staff
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS4 May 2018
The staff was fun to work with. I enjoyed working there. I learned to
stock shelves, how to get along with upset customers, manage
my time.
The hardest part was getting all the things done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff we got along quite well had some laughs.
A typical day at work would entail, opening the store counting cashes, running cash till first cashier got there, doing onhands, no scans, and receiving merchandise, stocking shelves. Giving the cashier change when needed, helping on cash when needed as well.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
rushed

Want to know more about Dollarama?

Ask a question
Biased unfair
Supervisor (key holder) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
Management was not good over there. they were biased with people and didnot treat workers equally. Instead of all difficulties i learned alot of new things that helped me in further future.
Dollarama review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2018
Working at Dollarama has taught me the basics of any large company. How to work at the cash area, how to stock, and how to handle customers with care. Some of the work may be tedious, however with the right management, its a good job.
not to bad
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB30 April 2018
its a simple job, lots of place for advancement, but where i worked, employes always called in sick, and they always called me to come in on my days off, but besides that it was a good job
productive
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, quebec25 April 2018
I came to québec only over one year ago and they hired me as soon as I got here. Its a muticulturel environment. You have to perform and work fast. There is a lot of come and go as the people dont stay at that job for long. Its a good first job if you just got in the country. Not enough hours, they often send you home.
Pros
meetings every morning
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare
Great Place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Its a great place to work at, friendly environment. Nice staff. Always willing to teach and cooperate. Great way to earn some money in part time. Suggested.
Loved it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2018
Loved working at Dollarama. Great staff and management. They were very flexible and gave me shifts around my school schedule. Great place to work part-time or full-time
Great Place for Students and Part Timers
Cashier and Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 April 2018
A typical day at work involved assisting customers and working front line. I increased my social and communicative skills with customers and had a very friendly team of staff to assist me with anything that was needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with troublesome customers and the most enjoyable was talking with my co-workers during breaks and on shift when things weren't too busy.
Pros
Small Work Community, Friendly Management
Cons
Lots of standing around
High Employee Turn-Around, With Lots of Customer Interaction
Stocking shelves, Cashier, Customer service (Former Employee) –  5309 Discovery Way Leduc Common, Leduc Alberta22 April 2018
Stocked shelves and worked the cashier tills. Really enjoyed the opportunity to work with and interact with customers throughout the shift, hours were fairly flexible.
Pros
Flexable Hours
Cons
Long hours, High employee turn-around
Good
Customer service superviser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON22 April 2018
Good place to work as long as JP is not your district manager. No benefits always something to do. Flexable work schedule. Season change over os awful.
Cons
Jp
Commis (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC19 April 2018
People were friendly and the work atmosphere was good, the work had to be well done and was checked thoroughly. I learned how to be a good worker and to check twice if the work is fine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.