Dollarama Pay & Benefits reviews

Love to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 October 2018
Working was fun and management was too good. Got paid every 2nd week . Proper schedule and everyone is so polite and understanding. Love to work there again
Amazing work enviroment
assistant team leader (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON11 October 2018
I have been working with Dollarama for almost 3 years now and I absolutely love it! The staff is friendly, the benefits are good and the environment is very comforting.
disrespectful people, wasn’t working as much as i wanted to
retail (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB4 October 2018
dollerama was fun when i first worked there but now that i know everyone i came to realize they were not the nicest people and they dropped my hours so i don’t work as much as i’d like to
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
don’t work enough
fun and stress free work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  2435 Appleby line, Burlington, ON L7L0B630 September 2018
I still work there but it is a really lovely job. I have high anxiety and depression so having a low-stress job is ideal. I also get sick a lot and they were always very understanding about that.
Pros
stress free
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and efficient
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
It was a really good experience working with Dollarama. The management was very helpful and collaborative and helped me learn new techniques and skills in customer service.
Pros
Good work hours
Enjoyable
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
I mainly did stocking while working here. I am someone who enjoys organizing so much that it's something I do in stores even when I'm not working so getting paid to do so is a plus for me. Also helped customers by directing them to anything they were looking for.

I learned how a work environment was like since this was my first retail job.

The manager I had was very nice and encouraging, she would often praise me for good work and would help me if I was ever confused.

The people there were OK though no one really talked to much other than for work related things.

I feel like it was a pretty simple, good job but if I had to pick something that was hard it'd either be heavy lifting or memorizing locations of certain items.
it was an ok place to work
Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC23 August 2018
It was an ok place to work. It was always busy because it was a larger store. I learned how use a helium tank to fill balloons and how to take down a pallet.
Pros
everything was cheap
Cons
long hours and no benefits
Productive and fun place to wowrk
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON18 August 2018
really chill place to work but no opportunities for advancement and low pay. i have to have a 150 minimum what is this why are you forcing me to talk. it was an ok place to work that it.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, low pay
very busy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 August 2018
the job was ok very busy long hours on your feet poor work place bad managment lazy cow workers but was an ok job other then that was not there long ..
Pros
its money
Cons
lazy workers and manager
dollarama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  2469 Highway 97 N Kelowna, BC10 August 2018
Working at Dollarama was easy, i'd shock shelves in my section, and go on cash when needed, overall I wasn't happy there anymore and decided to leave.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
Easy but unreliable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
I worked for only three months at Trainyards because they messed up my transfer to another store, the manager left and I couldnt track her down so I lost my job there. Also the training is not the best, they show you how to work cash once or twice and that's it, and they dont clarify any rules, cash access is limited so when you make a tiny mistake you need to bring in management so you feel kinda stupid. Also, no safety training!
Allas, it was pretty good, I really liked my coworkers as they were all nice. You dont really get benefits or a discount but i didnt care since its a dollar store. I only worked weekends until Christmas time where i had more hours so i had all my evenings off.
I wouldnt return if they asked me back, not worth it but I guess its a good starter job.
They needed more organization among the staff and schedules.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 July 2018
The schedule was disorganized and I was given very little hours due to minimum wage increase. The training was sloppy and unethical. The relations among the staff often wasn't positive.
Management is not good i am not satisfied with thier behaviour
Main Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 July 2018
I gave my best to Dollarama but still i am a part timer..
Management is not good that's why i want to switch my job..as a Full timer
But they r not coprated with me
Pros
Cons
Never
Dollarama Review
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON11 July 2018
I worked for this company for 6 years and when I had my first child and came back from maternity I was told I would have to work nights/weekends even though there were 4 other keyholders at the time, and none of them had kids, management plays favorites, hours are terrible for full-time workers (25-30) during off-peak season.
Pros
good benefits, decent pay, stable work
Cons
low hours, head office doesn't listen to concerns, unpaid break
enjoyable place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2018
a good place to work enjoyable atmosphere, quite relaxed not a strict task oriented job. you know what needs to be done and as long as you do your job all is good
Did not fully enjoy
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB4 July 2018
I did not enjoy my time working for Dollarama.

My shifts were few and far between, high number of staff for the amount of hours needed.

often left without any direction and reprimanded for not having this information.

Felt as though I was not respected.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, staff, scheduling, pay
Nice place to work, management could use some work
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2018
I enjoy working here because the environment is friendly and it offers a decent wage, health benefits and opportunity to move up. Unfortunately, sometimes it feels like corporate just doesn't care about the people working in the stores. They want what they want done when they want it done and if you question it you're out. The work here can be very stressful and demanding on busy days or days when a lot of new stock comes in but otherwise Dollarama is a relatively good company to work for. I've definitely seen worse.
Pros
Health Benefits, opportunity for promotion
Cons
long hours, stressful, corporate management lacking
Not productive, no management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON26 June 2018
They give bad hours, I was stuck with five hours for around 3 weeks. They started me off with 15. Then down to 10. Then 5. There is barely any management. They all take smoke breaks and gossip when an employee takes a two minute break
Pros
N/a
Cons
Bad hours
nice company to work for but a lot of back stabbing
CASHIER - SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 June 2018
was a nice company to work for . you just don't know if the next time you go into work is going to be your last shift. there was a lot of back stabbing among the staff at the store i worked at
Pros
pay was good
Cons
job security
Fun place to work
1) Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 June 2018
Cool work culture.
Have been working here for 8 months now.
Management is good.
Given work Hours are very less so that's an issue
Would recommend them to give more hours to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.