Dollarama Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 307 reviews matching the search See all 1,842 reviews
Productive and fun workplace.
stock clerk in Dollarama (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 January 2019
The co-workers are friendly but there is no advancement opportunities. Good place to work, not a good place to stay. Lots of experience for first time jobs.
Pros
Easy going.
Cons
Short hours.
Flexible hours, inflexible workload, extremely heavy workload
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 December 2018
Flexible hours, but the work load is too much. The expectation for this job are more than a single person can handle, especially if you've entered into management. The environment can be extremely stressful for everyone, there doesn't seem to be any leeway when it comes to the amount of work is expected of you depending on who your manager is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Extremely heavy workload
great work environment
Key Holder/Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 December 2018
Dollarama is a good place to work. The staff in every store I worked at were kind and treated everyone with respect. The only downside was the hours were never the same, each week we had different shifts.
not bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2018
Dollarama is the place where we gain lats of information and exerience while working,but they didnot gave you hours to prove yourself and not give satisfactory hours.
Pros
nice exerience
Cons
not satisfactory hours
Dollarama
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2018
Poor management alots of hours can work over 12 hours still wont able to get overtime money then they give you hours when they need you but when you need hours they say sorry we dont have hours.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not enough money
too much expectations for part time
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
they expected too much, for such a low salary and for part time while I was in school, management was unorganized. workplace was quiet sometimes, during Christmas time was crazy busy
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2018
Good place to make friends, flexible hours, management is great and always helpful with school, exams, last minute schedule conflicts etc. Good money and hours, especially around holidays.
Pros
flexible hours, flexible scheduling, holiday hours
Cons
money, regular hours, advancement
I would like the work environment to be very intimate and energetic to serve customers better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 November 2018
Unfortunately, my work hours were very low and not my life. They only worked for me for 6 hours a week
managment is very bad
They do work only to their acquaintances, and no matter what the importance of newcomers is given
Pros
free lunches
retail environment
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2018
working in the retail was not an easy job for me at all.
head office required a lot of achievements with cutting hours and cutting benefits.
employees themselves were very nice and helpful.
Chill, but nothing special
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 November 2018
I've been working here for three years now, and the only reason why I stay is for the co-workers. The people you work with here are the only ones that make your shifts fun. Other than that, management constantly demands more hours from you even if you are a university student and cannot work any more hours.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Expect no raises
Slave labour, no breaks in 5 hours..STAY AWAY!!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 November 2018
Tons of stock every day ,cardboard laying everywhere ,rushing from cash to stocking products, heavy-lifting.
No breaks... no benefits UNTIL AFTER 1000 hours!! So they only give you 10 hours a week. Who can live on that? Tons of gossip. You cannot trust anyone or anything. Hired as full time get part time no discussion. Mice ...stock and mess in food areas and bathrooms. They check you, your purse and bags because they believe everyone is a thief. Save yourself run away. Very young keypeople and team leaders that lead nothing except making their days easy and yours hard. RUN AWAY
Pros
You might get some money
nothing special
1) Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON24 October 2018
really messy, hard to clean up especially during holidays. wouldn't recommend working if looking for stable hours. if looking for temp. part time job this is a good position.
Love to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 October 2018
Working was fun and management was too good. Got paid every 2nd week . Proper schedule and everyone is so polite and understanding. Love to work there again
Good but bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON13 October 2018
It was a great place to work, hours however do matter. My third store manager hired a lot of new students when when we had way to meany employees makes 6h a week. And the full times. (Ones doing the work, and spending years to work there way there) weren’t even getting full time hours. The DM did nothing. Other then that I liked it and other then my third store manager I liked the people. That is all.
Amazing work enviroment
assistant team leader (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON11 October 2018
I have been working with Dollarama for almost 3 years now and I absolutely love it! The staff is friendly, the benefits are good and the environment is very comforting.
Good place to start, bad place to stay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 October 2018
Been here for three years. It was a good job as a high school student but as the years went by, my hours got cut and I was only given a raise once – a five cent raise. It's a great place to start out in retail and customer service, but if you stay as long as I have, you definitely get sick of it.
Pros
Generally relaxed environment
Cons
Rude customers are common, overbearing management
disrespectful people, wasn’t working as much as i wanted to
retail (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB4 October 2018
dollerama was fun when i first worked there but now that i know everyone i came to realize they were not the nicest people and they dropped my hours so i don’t work as much as i’d like to
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
don’t work enough
fun and stress free work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  2435 Appleby line, Burlington, ON L7L0B630 September 2018
I still work there but it is a really lovely job. I have high anxiety and depression so having a low-stress job is ideal. I also get sick a lot and they were always very understanding about that.
Pros
stress free
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and efficient
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
It was a really good experience working with Dollarama. The management was very helpful and collaborative and helped me learn new techniques and skills in customer service.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Great place to work if it wasn't for management
Merchandiser and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 August 2018
Working at Dollarama is good in terms of the job and co-workers. The management is awful and really makes the job not worthwhile. They expect a ton from you and don't give you much time to do it. They also somehow expect you to be able to be on cash and be super productive in the store at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.