Dollarama

Dollarama Pay & benefits reviews: Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager81 reviews
Canada81 reviews
Company was unable to provide references, and delayed benefits after probation period. I had an unusual set of circumstances at my location, I was great full they maintained CPR first aid standards in each location, as I had to perform my knowledge in incidents twice while I was employed with them
Not a bad place to work, but the pay is something the multi million dollar company needs to improve! Four years of working there ,on call 24 hours everyday for security system and that is the best they could do!
SHAME ON THEM!
Great place to shop, WORST place to work! This company is now run by shareholders who only care about their dividend cheques. Staff are overworked mercilessly in terms of pay and job expectations.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
workload, expectations, salary, work conditions
You will be lucky if you find good management. Nothing you do will ever be good enough for most managers. Some will set you up to be fired. Can be very stressful.
Cons
Great management from superiors and managers. Excellent team work among the employees. Also good communication within the employees and managers.

Aisle well organized and clean.
Pros
Lunch breaks.
Cons
was an ordinary job but management was very good to give me a flexible schedule. all the employees are great and sympathetic. i do not regret working here
This job is both physically, mentally and emotionally draining. The days are busy and the work load is way too much. Head office does not allocate enough hours to staff the store properly and they send way too much stock to the store. Also we are very much treated like we are just an employee number and not human. We also get sent to help other stores in the district way too much and don't receive extra compensation or recognition. There are days where the job is fine but most days are filled with stress and negativity.
Pros
Job security, Benefits, Paid Vacation Days
Cons
Stressful, Overworked, Unexpected long days
Personally i have never worked for a more disrespectful company in my life. they care nothing for their employees and they pay us next to nothing while we slave away on cut work hours and pathetic pay raises ..... dont work for this company unless u enjoy working for nothing
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible place to work. Extreme work loads, short shifts. No hours to run store. Very low pay. Multiple tasks given, like run a section. Still have to do cash and customer complaints. Cant get it all done. Get in trouble. Rinse and repeat
Pros
Cons
Insaine work load, low pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dollarama?
Bad pay
Good co-workers
If you're a student this job is perfect for your. Great schedule.

Vacation paid during the summer.
very high volume, fast paced environment. Shifts seem to fly by quickly because you always have something to do. The staff is great for the most part.
Cons
salary
Dollarama pays minimum wage for regular staff
Key holders make a little more than that, and are part time only.

Benefits are for full time employees, only medical no dental.

Assistant Managers make a little more than key holders about $12.50 an hour with full time hours, and bonuses based on making budget/target etc. effective after 1 yr of store open, and 6 months with a full time employee status (full time status starts after 3 month probationary period)

Store Managers make more with same bonus structure but with higher percent payout.

Raises for Assistant and Store managers is based on your yearly review (which takes place up to 6 months after the yr end)

They do give a x-mas bonus, it's not fantastic, but at least it's something!

They do have a pension plan that you can contribute to if you wish to do so.

They have high expectations with performance and time frames, the only computerized systems are the punch clocks, and registers. They do not have a Point Of Sale system otherwise, everything is done on paper and by fax. It is a very physically demanding job, with a lot of latter work and lifting boxes over your head consistently on a daily basis.

The best part of the job is the staff, and customers!
Pros
Interaction with customers is always entertaining
Cons
Excessive paperwork counting stock daily, low hours for regular staff
I learned how to work in team and buy my self.
How to be multitask
Pros
To many hours
Cons
Yes, the job is very physical and you'll find yourself hauling boxes all day.

And you'll do it for close to minimum wage.