Dollarama Employee Reviews

productive and funplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
it was my first experience in Canada. i joined there as a assocaiate. but they like my work. and promoted me as a supervisor. it helped me for getting me better job in future.
Pros
have fun to work
Cons
too far
Pilate maker and distribution
PILATE MAKER & DISTRIBUTION (Current Employee) –  MONTREAL15 January 2018
Working in dollarama is very useful.I learned whole process of warehousinh how it works.There are currently more than 1200 stores of dollarama and how effectively theyare matching with the demand.It is privilege to work over there.As this was my first job in canada and it provided me a good opportunity to learn.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Not such
Experience of Dollarama
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2018
I have been working at Dollarama for two years. A typical day at work is normally cash until it is not busy than doing the returns and picking up the floor. Diverse environment very positive!
Pros
Employers and Management are great
Cons
N/a
merchandiser for dollorama
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB14 January 2018
Loved this job, management was amazing. was not a fan of over night shift. Other than that I wouldn't of left. Job was physical but they allowed us enough breaks to rest up.
Pros
great Staff
Easy-going
cashier, cleaning, stocking (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2018
Dollarama is both a great starting place and permanent solution. The job is easy to handle. The company possesses advancement opportunities and decent hours of work. The management and other employees are good people.
poor team leader and very rude to employees
cashier (Former Employee) –  Canada, BC12 January 2018
customers constantly treated us like garbage but our manager never did a thing. we are supposed to brush it off. i get that but not every hour of every day.. the store i worked for did that, so i am not speaking for all stores. its very fast paced which i enjoyed as there is always something to do, management is horrid, the head office doesn't do anything for employees so do not expect much.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
absolute terrible customers and management
Fun place to start working
Commis et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2018
Perfect first student job. Easy and uncomplicated. Job is repetitive and can become a bit boring. Makes you work on your space management skills. Sometimes hard on the body (lifting heavy weights, etc.)
Friendly teammates, management & Customers make this job great.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 January 2018
Fun workplace, Management are easy to talk to, very flexible with working different hours/days, has a great diversity of different cultures, being able to grow in Management fairly quickly, having team meetings to know the sale goals engages us all, something most places don't do, and I found this very useful and productive.
Pros
Management, flexible hours, associates are friendly and work as a TEAM, making a way to management positions, OT when you can get it.
Cons
The rate of pay isn't enough for you to have as a career, don't get 40 hours a week. Sometimes management gets pushed around.
Alright
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2018
They say I am the best employer, but they keep giving me the heaviest containers to unload.
It is an alright place to work.
Best time for me is when I get to go home to my wife & kids.
environnement de travail stressant et épuisant
commis caissiere (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC11 January 2018
Cet endroit bouge beaucoup, les pauses ne sont pas nombreuses, beaucoup de stress et d'épuisement a courir partout, les gens ne reconnaissent pas vos efforts même s'ils sont constant et progressifs. Méthodes de travail peu stratégiques et pas beaucoup de soutien.
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
tout le reste
store associate
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
Arrangement and display of all goods in the product self, customer services and support, cash maintaining, price tag and log maintaining, keep store attractive.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 January 2018
Great fellow workers, and management was very understanding and helpful. Not as many hours as I needed, but it kept it easy to balance school at the same time.
Les journées sont longues
Caissière, service à la clientèle et Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2018
L'environnement et les employés sont agréables, cependant les journées en tant que caissière sont longues et passent très lentement.
Nice people, bad upper management (district)
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2018
I was not at all impressed with Dollarama. I worked there for almost a year and never received any kind of recognition. Upper management was also an issue. Disorganization was also an issue.
Pros
Good people
Cons
not enough hours, unrealistic expectations
Good atmosphere, some strict managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 January 2018
The employees are nice and consideerate, The managers are extremely strict with hours and you must punch in the exact minute. Overall a good place to work
Busy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK9 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working with Dollarama. I was hoping to advance with this company but due to unexpected pregnancy I was not able to stay as long as I hoped.
Great staff and fun to work with
Cashier/ merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 January 2018
Great place to work staff was awesome .the only reason I left was for a job with more hours.i really enjoyed the customers that came through .I enjoyed working as a team and also on my own.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours .
Overall respect
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC9 January 2018
This company was overall rather nice, except when it came time to having to resolve issues. They avoid the problem in any and all ways. After awhile they forget about the problem and leave it unresolved.
Ambiance de travail agréable
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC8 January 2018
J'adore cet endroit, quoique le manque d’employer rends la charge de travail un peu plus large.
Too much favoritism and back stabbing.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL8 January 2018
Management sucks. They favor their own little group with extra hours and advancement opportunities. They don't do much work in the store and boss those that are not in their little group around. Job was OK tho., you are kept busy and it made time go by fast so you can get away from the nonsense of management.
Pros
Job is fast and you are kept busy with stock.
Cons
Favourism, back stabbing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8