Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

Canada2,533 reviews
Found 2,533 reviews matching the search
friendly staff, stressful Job at times
I started in 2015 while I was working through school, I got never an option to work full time after being done school. We got a new manager after a while, things changed....not in the best way.
It is also a very fast pace to work.

I learned how to count money and deal with downtown people. The staff are very friendly I made lots of friends working their for three years.
Environnement stressant
On va jamais assez vite, nos decisions sont jamais les bonnes.
Pour progresser il faut soit etre meilleur que notre supérieur ou etre hypocrite et dénoncer ses decisions.
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
Trop de pression
environnement de travail productif
j'ai vécu une nouvelle expérience comme caissière, j'ai une contact avec les clients.
part time students
If you are a student i would not recommend working at Dollarama because most of their employees are middle aged workers and not many students work here which makes it very difficult to call in sick and trade shifts
Don't bother
Terrible place to work for. Terrible boss. TERRIBLE upper management. Waste of time. A joke of a business. Hopefully they start paying attention to the complaints. Some store have PLASTIC WRAP UP FOR SNEEZE GAURDS AT THE TILLS. can't even take the time TO PROTECT
Not great
My experience with this company was so bad that I am embarrassed to put it on my resume. The workplace culture was bleak unless you actively sought out to make connections with other coworkers, but virtually no support from the managers. I came in when they built and setup a new location, and 1) became physically ill due to overheating as it took over a month to have blinds installed on the windows behind our registers and the drywall dust EVERYWHERE and 2) effective almost immediately they laid off a good chunk of our staff. They built a superstore and thought it could be run by 10 people total (taking into account that the maximum amount of people working per day is about 5 and our store is larger than most locations). Told by an assistant manager that I wouldn't last at their store with a cheery attitude (they were right!) and also "Not to talk to customers, just sell them stuff". I had customers stop and stare at me for politely greeting them. Who hurt you??
Horrible
Dont bother working for them. Employees are nothing to the company. No pay or hours to make it worth it. Horrible organization from management to stock room
j'ai trouvé que travaillé pour eux était une bonne expérience
J'ai aimé travaillé avec ces personnes d'une gentillesse et d'un dynamisme incroyable. Ce n’était pas mon premier travail mais je dirais que c'était une bonne expérience parce que je suis une personne qui aime essayer de nouvelles choses.
Epanouissant
Bonne ambiance de travail et collègues de travail très coopératif
Belle experience
Bonne entreprise pour monter vite si motiver
Bon salaire

Bonne gestions

Bon avantages
Fast-paced workplace with friendly coworkers.
I enjoyed working at Dollarama. From my experience, I learned how to manage my time wisely, learned how to work effectively and efficiently with a team, as well as become well-adapted to a fast-paced environment.
Awful.
They expect tons of unpaid overtime. You don’t even make a dollar more than minimum wage to be a key holder and the worst manager I’ve ever seen. Would not recommend
Good
There good good ppl great staff good benefits. Well organized works as team great location understanding staff..............................................
Pros
Good
Cons
Hate
Absolutely hated this job. The management is a joke, and the environment is horrible. They wanted you to be in two places at once. The till system makes your life very difficult because of all the rules you need to follow. They threaten you that you'll get fired almost on a daily.
That was my experience.
Great summer job
This was a good summer job and Christmas job for me. It was exactly as I expected and I wasn’t bored so the time went by fast. It was pretty easy and a mix between serving customers and stocking.
Intéressant
Communication avec les gens
Faire des nouveaux amitiés
Fun, interesting and reliable.
The store is busy and it's past-faced environment. You will enjoy your work everyday single day. Both of my managers are very nice they don't allow their staff to get bullied.
I worked here during high school and it was fun
I worked at the Dollarama while I was in my last year of high school and it was a good experience, all the staff were really kind and I always knew they'd treat me well.
good environment amazing work place
I personally really liked working at dollarama, great people, good environment, but the only think is i took some time off because my baby sister died and they never called me back which sucked so I went back to my old job
Lies
When i was offered a position of assistant team leader, i was promises 35-40hrs a week, but i was lucky to get 30hrs. I had written proof i was garunteed 35-40hrs by the regional manager but apparently she lied or they felt they didnt have to listen. Needless to say i quit only have a couple months.
envronement convivial
Des clients parfois trop plaintifs , on apprend a garder son sang froid a lalongue