Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 370 reviews matching the search See all 15,219 reviews
Productive and fun environment
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 July 2019
While my time with this company we became very close
Nice store but management is awful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  651 Stafford St, Winnipeg, MB R3M 2X76 July 2019
This was my first job. Worked as a cashier, got no training other then 2 hours on the first day. So when I made mistakes because I encountered new things for the first time, I got a write up after just 3 shifts and a warning that 2 more means im fired. Breaks are non existent and manager sits around all day. Pros: if your used to retail job work your probably gonna be fine. Cons are no training and you're expected to learn things alone without making a mistake in doing so. Also they didn't care one bit about my availability considering they kept giving me weekend shifts. Definitely not a good first job but otherwise its a nice place to shop.
Pros
Not busy, barely any work
Cons
horrible management, bad first job
Easy, friendly job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON3 July 2019
As a stocker my shifts went by quickly with no problems. The other employees including management were respectful and helped me with anything i needed.
Pros
Easy labour, friendly staff
Cons
No dedicated lunch room
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 July 2019
i loved working there i just needed a place that payed more. the hours where great and my boss was flexible with my hours after i let her know what works better for me. its a good first time job or laid back part time.
Pros
nice people
Cons
work weekends
Excellent work environment helpful managers
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 June 2019
Fantastic work environment managers would help for any question, work environment was always happy friendly and filled with hard working employees and excellent management
u.s companies are not the best to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 June 2019
I was a store manager for 5 yrs and I was assaulted 3 times with the ppl being charged and when I notified personnel manager and the loss prevention manager... I can give their names but I won't... they did nothing in assist with the assaults. They didn't even call to asked question and the biggest was they didn't even ask how I was, their store manager running one of the biggest stores in my district.

The only good thing I have to say is that the prices are great

Good luck if you apply to Dollar Tree
Pros
Prices
Cons
Home office managers dont care about their people. There for the dollar only. .
Easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2019
It was an easy enough job. I think if the management was changed a bit it would've been a great place to work. However just because an assistant manager makes 25 cents more then me does not give them a right to be rude and condescending.
Pros
Hours, schedule, flexible, good training
Upper management doesnt care
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 June 2019
I recently left a full time position because after 5+ years with this company.. 3 district managers.. numerous complaints about the store manager nothing ever got done. I finally grew fed up of doing the duties of said manager and getting none of the benefits. After lodging complaints myself as well as numerous other employees.. we grew fed up with how we were treated and ran like dogs... numerous employees have left in direct result to your management and lack of caring/concern for the part time employees. SHAME on this company..
Productive organization providing psychological safe workplace environment
Full Time Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2019
everyday is a new day in retail. i learn new things everyday while confronting different people with different behavior. we do multitasking like stock, recovery, customer service and call representative in this company. i enjoy the most dealing with customers.
enjoyed working with my coworkers
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  2-1375 mcphilips st, winnipeg9 June 2019
it was good working there as a internship, could have been better but
I didn't work that long there. cleaning issues were very high such as the bathroom, office and the staff room but overall enjoyed it alot
Pros
really enjoyed the staff
Cons
not enough work to be done
Not worth it
cashier/asm (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 June 2019
At store level all was good including management.The company and upper management however is another story.They do not support ,encourage or respect their staff.The hours given are simply not enough for anyone to get much done, especially when given minimal shifts and staff.The pay is not worth all of the headaches you have to deal with.
It was easy going
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC3 June 2019
it's a beginner job great to learn mandatory skills, especially when in high school. You also realize how to communicate with a variety of people. Being optimistic is important on the job.
overall an okay store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 June 2019
stressful, overly busy not enough cashiers, wasn't trained properly but learned how to work cashier. pour management the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and l.earning about their life style and culture.
Pros
nothing
Cons
rude workers
Easy job, poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON31 May 2019
Met some great coworkers but does feel like management is a pretty disorganized at times. Managers are nice just kind of feels like there is a lot of miscommunication between management. Customers and balloons are brutal - probably the worst part of the job.
Fast Paced business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2019
Long hours, learned how to be more social, clean environment, and the most enjoyable part of working there was being social and working together as a team.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unfair rules put on co workers
Clean and fun environment to be in.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK15 May 2019
We got to know one another and had to treat each other with respect, we had lots of laughs and memories in the store cleaning up after our day was over, it was fun while I worked there.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Less hours.
Dollar Tree
ASSISTANT MANAGER - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK13 May 2019
It was an okay job, it wasn't the best thing ever. Honestly, i would probably never work there again. I loved everyone i worked with, but i hated the management. That was the worst part of the job.
Simple job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
- fast-paced environment that gives you early work experience in the retailing industry
- job is easy and simple
- allow employees to multi-tasks and perform other activities besides cashiering
Pros
friendly environment, simple tasks and easy work
Cons
schedule problems, store management is horrible, high shrink rate
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 May 2019
The hours were good. I only left because I moved. Customers can be trying at times but the staff were great to work with. I never had a complaint about this place
Overall, an easy job to balance with school, life, etc.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 May 2019
Dollar Tree is a good job to develop customer service skills with it being a fast-paced environment with demands from multiple customers. It also lets one adapt good communication skills with others as well as a positive attitude when put into stressed or very restraints positions. (i.e. inconsiderate customers.)
Pros
Easy to balance with school and/or life.
Cons
Not the best management, not the best to utilize skills being that it is a retail store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K