Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Canada495 reviews
Fun place to work especially if you enjoy working in retail but job advancement and pay increase is really difficult. There are no benefits and it could be worse if you dont get along with manager.
Employees were great to work with. Manager never showed up and when she did, expected everyone else to do the work while she stayed in the office or visited. Throws her employees under the bus instead of taking the blame herself. If she doesn't like you, cuts your shifts and talks about you behind your back.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Store manager
A friendly and healthy working culture with a number of enjoying tasks. The staff and the manager is so friendly and helpful. They always ready to listen your concerns and willing to accommodate as per your availability.
Good to start then they fire you because you do a better job then a the employees
You get no warning just a tour no longer a good fit this company is bogus

I worked with great people we got along and everyday I looked forward to going to work. The store manager was amazing. Everyday was something new for me
Dollar Tree is a good company to work for, but they don't pay a lot which means turnover is very high. The daytime team works the hardest ensuring that shelves are stocked and no boxes or other things on the floor but anyone working P/T (evenings and weekends) really doesn't do anything.

Some managers are better than others and run a great store.

I was lucky to work in a very good store where the managers were very active in ensuring everyone did their fair share.
Pros
Easy, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Standing all day, some heavy lifiting
I only worked here for 2 weeks and quit because of how stubborn the manager was, lack of hours and unrealistic demands. The turnover rate is very high at Dollar Tree altogether.
Pros
coworkers were great
Cons
very low hours, high turnover rate
New Management is the absolute worse. Loud and obnoxious, rude to customers and completely unprofessional. Management does not enforce social distancing or sanitizing. Management does not seem to know anything about the Covid Virus. More concerned about taking breaks and talking on her phone rather than assisting the other cashiers. Management also goes through your personal belongings with no remorse. I would rather work in the gutter then to be subjected to the abuse which comes from working at dollartree.
Cons
I'm looking for some lighter work load
I don't drive so bus it would have to be

I am hard working and I loved my job

Some of the tasks were confusing but with the help of the team we got there

Being part of a team plays a big roll in any company and every one has to be a team player
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Late nights
Everything is $1.25 so you dont have to worry about things scanning not scanning, since you can simply put $1.25. The hours are very flexible if you are part time, you mainly get 4 hour shifts with 8 hour shifts occasionally. The overall job was not demanding at all, very chill environment.
Pros
10 min breaks when working 4 hours
Cons
No employee discount
They were awesome. they were laid back and they helped you learn. I am hoping to be returning there soon. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers seeing little kids with big smiles on there faces.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
All the managers and staff are great to work with there like a little family management takes pride in the way the store looks and they are always willing to help customers with a question or product they can’t find
Pros
There shifts are flexible they will work around your schooling and if you have another job
Cons
I dont have any
Everyone is so friendly and all the customers are amazingly patient. Except the crazy ones that want balloons 😂 Very fast paced but Overall great place to work.
No raise. Chaotic schedules. Management isn’t professional. It’s messy! Unorganized! I just have nothing good to say about DollarTree. Don’t expect a raise! I wasn’t appreciated and will never go back. Even if your an Asm, you won’t get much more then minimum wage. It’s just not worth it. If I could give zero stars I would.
You dont have an opinion ....you are easily replaced....they dont care about your safety or health. As long as you do what is asked who cares because you are the underdog....the Dm's and some managers and the big bosses make the big bucks. If you dont jump when they say jump they find an excuse to get rid of you
Pros
There are no pro
Cons
Lots of cons
-team work
-work in a high pace environment

-accurate knowledge of work practices

-a high sense of belonging

-clean environment

-work satisfaction appreciation
Pros
-acquistion of working knowledge
Cons
- multi task in sometimes high demand day.
Was a very good place to work, had a very good experience working there
Very understanding management,

Good for someone who enjoys a mix of fast and slow passed work
worst company to work for!!! I would NEVER tell anyone to go work for them EVER poor management not enough staff or competent managers . The setup suck
The manager at the location I worked at was very unorganized, always behind on shipment and stocking resulting in her store being a mess consistently.
I enjoyed working there couldn't really have any problems at times it can be fast-paced and then at other times it can be slow paste. I enjoyed working with the customers and assisting them in finding what it was that they were looking for. I enjoyed working on the cash register as well.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Stocking shelves at 6am
Was a good place to work at but many customers would flood the store, made it hard to work in store hallways, was a small store lead to the problems. Was a good place