Dogwood Ltd

Dogwood Ltd Employee Reviews

If you like working your butt off with little recognition then this is the company for you!

Management is a big issue working for this company. There is not much Teamwork as they like to imply. Teamwork only exists within the branch you work at. Think twice before applying here.

Pros

Pay and company vehicle

Cons

Work way too many hours to keep up with the workload due to little help.

Days go by fast and enjoyable

Good company to work with. Great team and lots of variety of different tasks. Days are never boring. Lots of great customers and sub trades. Flexible hours.

Pros

Good culture and interesting work

Cons

Sometimes can get extremely busy

good people and interesting work and customers

I have been working at Dogwood for a couple years now and it is a good company to work for I have recommended a couple people to work her. They have built a team with knowledgeable staff of technicians. Always something challenging to do and never get bored. They provide nice new vans and a gas card. Big perk. Fairly good benefits plans

Pros

steady work, nice van

Cons

can be a fair bit of driving

good challenging work place with always something different to do

Working for lots of larger customers. Always busy and lots of work. nice vans and reputation. the job is interesting and you get good results. typical day is drive to site and complete the job. jobs vary from lots of handyman items. Jobs can be a few hours or a couple days.

Pros

nice vans and clean work

Cons

after hours work some times.

The company where we all grow together

Dogwood is an excellent opportunity for those that are eager to demonstrate their skills in the construction and maintenance industry. There isn’t a dull moment, the work is exciting and at times challenging, perfect place for those seeking pleasure in what they do.The management is well prepared and knowledgeable, empathy is felt at all levels and there is a great friendly and collaborative culture.

Pros

Great salaries, gas and vehicles paid for, benefits, a place of growth and learning, great culture.

Cons

A great team to grow with.

Dogwood is an exceptional place to work if you're motivated, self-starting and professional. Simply put, they are a high performance culture and extremely supportive of everyone who shows a willingness to learn, grow and bring their best. My role was corporate-side, in the office. Opportunities where plentiful and I always felt they reward an entrepreneurial spirit. The executive team is willing to back you new ideas, training, and innovation in a way that many company's won't. I eventually left to start my own business, but remain on great terms with them. They're a loyal team, hard-working, and I very much enjoyed the 5 years I was there.

Pros

Opportunity, training, support

Dogwood Review

I have worked for Dogwood for 8 years. Starting in dispatch and working my way up to National Accounts Manager. If you want to grow and move up you have that opportunity. I have recommended people to our branches across Canada. What I appreciate most is our Core Values, and a company who has their employees best interest in mind. My plan, to retire here.

Pros

Respectful, communication, solution based, Christmas Parties, Barbeques, team events

Cons

None that I can think of.

Good Place to work

Dogwood is a good company to work for. Knowledgable fellow technicians, great team. Supportive, easy to get along with management. Good benefit package

Dogwood has a great culture with a growth mindset

Dogwood is a great company to work for and support there employees to move into the roles that suits there skills and goals. All the teams support each other and work together to provide the best service for our customers. A very enjoyable place to come to each day.

Pros

Supports learning development.

keep looking !!

working here seem to be a great move because of the great interview and all the smoke they make you believe about your assignments, supposedly everyone was a trained professional, come to find out Im out working most of the techs by doing more or same work load as everyone but with less pay, management is full of it, cant trust them when they contradict everything they tell you and also favoritism is very present.

Pros

gas paid.

Cons

hours, management

Growth orientated, inclusive team based working atmosphere.

Dogwood is a great place to work. The team culture is excellent and the opportunity for growth with superb industry based training and support makes for a refreshing working environment.

Pros

Great remuneration and benefits

Cons

Sometimes longer hours but not a requirement

Working here was the biggest regret I have in my working life

I should have trusted my gut that these guys were blowing smoke when I walked out of my interview. Promises of so much work I wouldn’t be able to keep up. Told me of a collaborative approach management uses to delivery quality craftsmanship and excellent customer service. All lies. Manager can’t make any decisions on his own, even if it is a simple yes or no answer. Estimator will run and cry to the manager if you don’t do exactly what he wants, even if it is completely ridiculous and makes no sense. They sit and watch the GPS all day and play dumb when they ask what you were up to all day as they like setting traps. They don’t nurture customer relationships and wonder why they loss business. I turned down other jobs, paying more money and better benefits, cause I thought these guys would be different but like many others all hype and no delivery. Biggest regret of my career.

Pros

Vehicles were good

Cons

Over promised and under delivered

Thinking of a full time job, THINK AGAIN

Working at the from to begin with was fun and we had plenty of hours. But as soon as you clock in OVERTIME the next pay period you will receive a lot less hours. So don’t go spending all your overtime money because your going to need it for the following week. You will struggle to get a mortgage because of the inconsistency of pay. This is down to management to determine what hour they want you to do, by not putting multiple jobs on your board. If you’re looking for a company to grow in this is not the company for yo.

Pros

Company van, benefits, somewhat good pay

Cons

Management limiting your hours and never delivering on what they say.

Not as advertised.

The company says they are progressive and cutting edge but they wouldn’t even know where to start when it came to these. Company has an open door policy but only to get dirt on other employees. A lot of hype and promises but no delivery.

Pros

Pay was competitive and vehicles were decent

Cons

Always looking over your shoulder, never sure who you could trust and no guarantee of work the following week.

ok place to work poorly managed

nothing to say really, i twas ok working there but they are trigger happy to let good people go . i never felt they knew anything about the bussiness.

Pros

you work on your own

Cons

poor management

Enjoyable workplace

Dogwood is a great company to work for. Got to learn a lot of things. Very supportive management and staff with a friendly and safe environment. Good work/life balance.

Good place to work. just has management issues

They have many different clinents to work for. You do a lot of driving. We do maintenance for gas stations and restraunts. We do drywall repairs and concrete repairs. We fix broken windows and doors.

Great progressive company

Dogwood is a great progressive company to work for. Has a good culture and great fellow employees. Would highly recommend Dogwood to anyone looking for a job.

Good management, good culture

Teamwork and collaboration are the focus of company culture. Open door policy - management is very approachable and supportive. Company is growing and providing opportunities for employees to move up.

Horrible

Horrible place to work at, they have the worst management ever only if you good at sucking up then you get far in this company. They don’t treat their worker right.

I worked with Dogwood LTD for just over a year. I enjoyed the variety of work that we did. The company is well managed and has a good company structure. The only downside is the hours. Often work needed to be done after hours, so a lot of midnight time hours.

Pros

Company vehicle, drive to jobs directly from home

Cons

Midnight hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dogwood Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement