Dogs Naturally Magazine

Dogs Naturally Magazine Employee Reviews

Love Working for Dogs Naturally Magazine

I started working at Dogs Naturally Magazine last summer and can honestly say, I thoroughly enjoy working with this company. My coworkers are so sweet and kind. The management team always makes me feel valued, appreciated, and equal. In the Customer Success role, a typical day working remotely includes answers emails, phone calls, and live chats. One of my favorite parts about my job is that every day I get to promote holistic healthcare for our customer's dogs. It is awesome working alongside like-minded and positive individuals. Everyone working at Dogs Naturally is very dedicated and hard-working. I love how this company pushes continued education through our weekly team newsletters, LinkedIn Learning, and product seminars.From my perspective, the workplace environment is very fun and relaxed, but always on track! I look forward to growing with this company. I feel so grateful to be a part of such a great team.

Pros

Weekends Off, Sufficient Income

Cons

No Benefits

Progressive Learning, Friendly Staff & A Hard Working Team

Dogs Naturally is a fantastic place to work. The entire team is very friendly and welcoming. Team members are always happy to lend a hand from top management to recently joined hired.Learning and growth is a key principle in the company and it's awesome to be a part of.Goals are set and are important to work towards for future growth.

Pros

Free lunches

Fast Paced, Inclusive Environment!

I joined the company almost a year ago leaving a retail environment and WOW it has been the best decision I ever made. The team we have is amazing and I love the fast pace.The company is growing quickly which means new projects are always on the go and lots of opportunity to grow. (I have already moved up a position in the first 6 months). Everyone is so welcoming and the management team works really hard to support you and maintain an inclusive environment! :)

Fast-paced, energetic, supportive culture

A day working at Dogs Naturally is filled with excitement! It's a small business that has pioneered the approach of giving dogs the most natural and healthy life they each deserve. The team includes entrepreneurial-minded, hard-working and kind individuals. Everyone brings their own experiences, knowledge, and passion to the team. The culture is very supportive; if someone's plate is full, a teammate always steps up to support you (as long as you ask for help!) Open and honest communication works best with the Management team. This way, they are able to understand your needs and ensure they are supporting you (and you feel supported). I need to make sure I'm ready to run (or walk quickly) when I show up to work each day, as the environment is VERY fast-paced. I find myself reorganizing my priorities 1-3 times a day. I love that my plate is always full! There are challenges at Dogs Naturally (like most workplaces), but the challenges are far and few between for me. The fast-paced environment, positive team energy, the friendly culture at Dogs Naturally has given me the most satisfaction over the course of my 10-year career.

No more growing pains

Dogs Naturally has worked hard to improve the work environment. When I started there were a bunch of employees who all hung out together. While this sounds like fun (and it was), it divided the company. Soon, you could see they would be treating the people who weren't in their circle pretty bad. They would talk about them behind their backs, whisper at each other, make faces . There were suggestive body parts drawn everywhere, lewd jokes, immature behavior and worst of all, nobody was accountable for doing a good job. I was often left to do their job and I felt really bad for the managers who had to deal with them. It wasn't good, there was a big divide in the company. Maybe my experience is different because I wasn't part of the "cool kid" crowd. I do a good job, I've been given opportunities to learn and contribute and I'm definitely making a lot more money today than when I was hired. Work life is better now and that's because they got rid of the people who were a problem. Negative feedback isn't always fun to get but I want to know how to do a better job so I like it here. There have been some changes to roles and jobs but the company is growing fast and we're expected to change too. Personally, I'm happy to now be in an office with less drama and I look forward to coming to work every day. I think when you get away with childish behavior for so long and then management notices and demands better, the cool kids will put up a stink and I'm happy that's mostly over with. I like coming to work every day (who wouldn't there are dogs here) Yes there are growing -

I stuck around for far longer than I should have, and it took its toll…

The standards set are impossible to reach, often because they’re ill-defined (if they’re defined at all) and ever-changing. Company rules/policies change on a weekly basis. You’re “encouraged to go for the moon” but good luck ever reaching it. Very harsh, daily, negative criticism is disguised as “feedback” or a “valuable learning opportunity,” from which one actually learns very little aside from the knowledge that the work done is not good enough (and that’s sugar coating it). When words like idiot, stupid, and garbage are used, you can no longer consider it constructive. Despite leadership’s attempts to convince employees otherwise, there is a deep, very detrimental, divide between management and the rest of the team. This separation results in a culture not of respect, but of fear. There’s absolutely no accountability. When something goes wrong, the management team plays the ultimate blame game (mind you, none of the blame ever falls on them). Any attempt to resolve an issue with a member of the management team is interpreted as a personal attack on that person, and a sign that the employee has issues with authority. When things get really bad (and I mean, really bad), the management team will attempt to “fix” things with a team lunch, or by talking to you about growth in the company. So you push through the pain, work harder (if that’s possible), put in longer hours, only to get pushed back down again… Be forewarned, the work you do will never be good enough. The hours you put in (and no, an 8 hour day with no lunch break is nowhere near good enough) will -

Progressive and fun workplace.

This is a fast paced and collaborative job. There is room to grow in the company and lots of training. Friendly team and you get to work in the trees and nature. The hardest part of the job is there are high standards here and if you want to grow, you have to put in the work but they work with you on your grow plan. There's a casual, friendly vibe and I look forward to going to work every day. Plus there's dogs!

You will leave with PTSD

In no job ever should you drive away crying on a regular basis. The culture is toxic. The only saving grace is the excellent team you work with daily. Be wary of "managers" that are supposedly there to help you succeed in your position, they've been known to throw you under the bus to cover their own rear ends. No matter the effort you put in, there is always a reason it will never be good enough, no good work/life balance encouraged at all. What is presented as the front face of the company is a facade, whatever genuine care and integrity the company may have begun with has been tossed aside and now fear tactics, bullying, and greed are the mainstays. Yes, run.

An awesome environment with room for growth

A typical day at the Dogs Naturally Office consists of showing up, having a meeting or two, and getting work done. (Expect many laughs and dog pets in between as well.) Working here has provided an immense amount of growth opportunities through professional training. Management is more than willing to invest in their employees and actively encourage them to find avenues of growth for themselves and the business. Go getters and ambitious folk will find their effort rewarded. The crew is awesome and super friendly, there's an air of both working hard and being good at what you do, but also being comfortable and relaxed while doing it. Overall a great culture and a great place to work.

Pros

Dogs to Pet, Flex Hours, Boss that Values Employees

Cons

Roads to business aren't always well plowed

Working At Dogs Naturally Magazine

I've worked at Dogs Naturally for 5 years now, and have been here through major changes and growth. Things got challenging at times, but I was able to take courses and build myself up with the support of my employer. It's been fun building our team, working on projects together, travelling and taking on new opportunities in my role. It's super casual, I show up in comfy clothes, but at the same time very professional. It's an umbrella of companies here that range from publishing, to ecommerce and digital sales. We're always encouraged to go for the moon, and trying new things is always an option! I love the people I work with, it's nice coming in to an office of people you feel comfortable around. We work hard and challenge each other! Great place to be!

Pros

country environment, no dress code

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dogs Naturally Magazine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement

Compare Dogs Naturally Magazine with

Dogs Naturally Magazine Reviews by Location

• Dogs Naturally Magazine
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?