Docktor Freight Solutions Employee Review

View all Docktor Freight Solutions reviews

Management is on a train wreck collision course
Former o/o (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2018
Really too bad that this company will not succeed on its present course. They have great potential with the management in place. Operations is not as knowledgeable as they claim losing many opportunities to excel the company in heavy haul loads and continues on a revolving door way of life.
Pros
Owner is awsome
Cons
Poor communication to staff, Management quick tempered and micro manages, Poor employee moral, Management doesn't embrace change or use employee experience, Management cheaps out on quality products for equipment, tires, load securing devices etc.
Official response from Docktor Freight Solutions
15 August 2018

Thanks for your thoughts and opinion. We are extremely proud to say that our Owner Operators over the last 6 months have made more money than ever before and our Heavy Haul freight has increased 65% over the past 3 months. We have also experienced a 30% increase in Owner Operators who seem fairly happy with how the company is moving forward as well, we have the majority of our company trucks filled. So there are some very positive things happening at Docktor Freight. We try to operate as cost effectively as possible and do our best to make the best decisions on what we purchase and where purchase from. Its too bad that you didn't have a good experience here at Docktor Freight and maybe this wasn't a good fit for what you were looking for. We do appreciate the work you did while you were driving for us and hopefully you are at a place now where the company meets your expectations.
As for the Train Wreck, we have some of the best customers you can find, a great group of drivers and Owner Operators, a shop of good mechanics and great paying work for the next 3 months that are already on the books. If that is a train wreck, then we are OK with that.

Thanks

Management Team at Docktor Freight.

Other Docktor Freight Solutions Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 May 2019
This is one of the best companies I ever worked for. I did make a mistake, I was ashamed of the mistake I had made. For me as a new winch truck driver, I dropped 2 trailers, (Camp Trailers) moved from SK back to Edmonton, Alberta. I had no idea the since had let that much line out and my two workers never told me I had extended the winch cable.
I don't blame them, they had no experience in this area of work.
It was entirely my errors and being ashamed I lied about it.
I guess I was too worried about losing my job with the company and went about it the wrong way.
To get to the point, aside from my errors, this is one of the best companies there is and I've ever worked for. Most of the drivers get along with everyone. There are always a few in every company that have their own friends and there isn't any way to get in.
Pay is amazing, an owner is a great person, and the staff is always happy to see hlu and help with any questions you have. If I never lied, I likely would still be there today.
Pros
Co.pany BBQ's, Staff are fhe best, trucks are kept in perfect condition.
Cons
I cant think of any cons. 2 years ago becore councelling, I would have cons.
Better than Most
Company Long Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary2 May 2019
Been here for over 12 months and I am very happy with the pay, equipment and work. They have their days like anywhere else, but I get home when I request, the pay is above average, the equipment is top notch and dispatch treats me as a person and not a unit number. They need to improve on communication, but they are getting better.
Pros
Pay, Equipment and they respect the drivers
Cons
Communication with in the office needs to get better and with the driver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Docktor Freight Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4