Docktor Freight Solutions

Docktor Freight Solutions Employee Reviews

This company will lie to you about what you can expect to do as a job description and earnings within their company.Their rates are extremely low picking up Freight from Brokers and other trucking companies which those companies do not want to haul or Brokers just want to make money off of.Many times you will go out and put in a full month's worth of being on the road to see little or no paycheck.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Everything else
8 February 2021
These are not the reviews we like to see but we cannot just let these reviews go by without commenting on them. The contract all Owner Operators sign are very clear as to what type work we do, what we expect from our Owner Operators and the pay package. So I really don't understand how we can lie about the job description unless the Owner Operator doesn't read the contract. As for earnings, our top Owner Operator in 2020 cleared over $195,000 and ran less than 100,000 miles. That is in a year where covid destroyed rates, work was very short at times and miles were difficult to get. The average revenue per mile for our Owner Operators in 2020 was over 2.10 / mile. So if you made no money while working here you either had to borrow money from the company for repairs, advances or past debts or you were not available to run miles or a combination of the two. My guess is that this review came from an Owner Operator that has not been able to find the job that pays extremely well and requires very little or next to no work. Docktor Freight is proud of our contract package offered to Owner Operators with a health / dental and disability package, solid rates, fair compensation ( 78%) and our great customer base to keep all our Owner Operators and Company Drivers rolling and making money. Management
This company is a typical trucking company. Safety culture was overall fairly good and management was receptive of worker input. Equipment was good to use.
If you want to mile out your truck and not get paid enough, then go right ahead. Unaproachable, short tempered management. Doesn't care if you make money or not, just get the load and go.No questions or turning down SCAB loads. Forced dispatch, mico managed to the point that nobody in that office can do thier jobs properly without getting approval first. Revolving door here.
office staff is totally unprofessional management is very rude, sellery is not enough, every one from office to superwiser has attitude, I would not recommend this place to work for
This is one of the best companies I ever worked for. I did make a mistake, I was ashamed of the mistake I had made. For me as a new winch truck driver, I dropped 2 trailers, (Camp Trailers) moved from SK back to Edmonton, Alberta. I had no idea the since had let that much line out and my two workers never told me I had extended the winch cable. I don't blame them, they had no experience in this area of work. It was entirely my errors and being ashamed I lied about it. I guess I was too worried about losing my job with the company and went about it the wrong way. To get to the point, aside from my errors, this is one of the best companies there is and I've ever worked for. Most of the drivers get along with everyone. There are always a few in every company that have their own friends and there isn't any way to get in. Pay is amazing, an owner is a great person, and the staff is always happy to see hlu and help with any questions you have. If I never lied, I likely would still be there today.
Pros
Co.pany BBQ's, Staff are fhe best, trucks are kept in perfect condition.
Cons
I cant think of any cons. 2 years ago becore councelling, I would have cons.
Been here for over 12 months and I am very happy with the pay, equipment and work. They have their days like anywhere else, but I get home when I request, the pay is above average, the equipment is top notch and dispatch treats me as a person and not a unit number. They need to improve on communication, but they are getting better.
Pros
Pay, Equipment and they respect the drivers
Cons
Communication with in the office needs to get better and with the driver
The company has had multiple management changes in the past 5 years. The current General manager has a very poor attitude towards the employees that are out there making that company continue to run. I’m talking about the backbone (drivers). He will take and take from the hard working drivers. If you do not like his way he will tell you “ he has a stack of resumes on his desk.” The money was okay until they decide if they need another admin fee or fuel percentage for using their fuel cards. I did notice if you want to be an owner operator there that company trucks come first! There is a distinct separation between the two. You’re not all treated as a team doing a job for the company. There is an extremely high turn around rate as of the last 3 years of management.
Pros
Okay money, unless they decide you’re making to much.
Cons
Management, turnaround, poor treatment of employees.
Really too bad that this company will not succeed on its present course. They have great potential with the management in place. Operations is not as knowledgeable as they claim losing many opportunities to excel the company in heavy haul loads and continues on a revolving door way of life.
Pros
Owner is awsome
Cons
Poor communication to staff, Management quick tempered and micro manages, Poor employee moral, Management doesn't embrace change or use employee experience, Management cheaps out on quality products for equipment, tires, load securing devices etc.
15 August 2018
Thanks for your thoughts and opinion. We are extremely proud to say that our Owner Operators over the last 6 months have made more money than ever before and our Heavy Haul freight has increased 65% over the past 3 months. We have also experienced a 30% increase in Owner Operators who seem fairly happy with how the company is moving forward as well, we have the majority of our company trucks filled. So there are some very positive things happening at Docktor Freight. We try to operate as cost effectively as possible and do our best to make the best decisions on what we purchase and where purchase from. Its too bad that you didn't have a good experience here at Docktor Freight and maybe this wasn't a good fit for what you were looking for. We do appreciate the work you did while you were driving for us and hopefully you are at a place now where the company meets your expectations.As for the Train Wreck, we have some of the best customers you can find, a great group of drivers and Owner Operators, a shop of good mechanics and great paying work for the next 3 months that are already on the books. If that is a train wreck, then we are OK with that.ThanksManagement Team at Docktor Freight.
things change on a dime and no ones word is ever held. Management is fired and new ones hired every few months. Drivers are all needing attention now now now. Very hard to focus on a job with constant interruptions.
Pros
same hours everyday
Cons
thinking wth am i doing here everyday
15 August 2018
Docktor Freight's Manager has now been in place for over 3 years and we have come a long ways since July of 2015. Drivers, equipment and staff are all getting the attention they need to perform their jobs to the best of their abilities.Ownership Group