DNE Resources

DNE Resources Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Great opportunities and support from management

Featured review

DNE Resources selected this as a representative review
DNE Resources is growing at a fast pace and I'm very excited to be part of this journey. The management really cares about their employees and always want to see them succeed which is why they will always find ways to support them with their career goals.Ideas, recommendations, and feedback are always welcomed and considered, making it a very honest work environment. Overall, if you're looking for a fast-paced, exciting work environment with lots of opportunities, this place is for you!

Official response from DNE Resources

3 December 2020
Hello there - thank you for taking the time to leave a review!With our open-door policy, we always encourage employees to share their thoughts, ideas, and even their concerns with management. Our goal is to fully support our employees in their career goals to have them reach their full potential.We completely agree that DNE is growing quickly, which is why we're so glad to have you on the team. Thank you for all that you do, and keep up the amazing work!

A great place to show your creative side and be part of an exceptional team!

I feel truly blessed and excited coming into work everyday for many, many reasons. The team at DNE, including management, really support staff members and encourage creativity, constructive feedback and a work culture second to none! Management team is always available to help, guide and cheer on their staff.

Amazing opportunity for career growth

After 5 years with the company I have moved up through many roles in the sales team. It's a great place to work if you want a new challenge with rewarding benefits.

Pros

Free all inclusive vacation each year

Cons

None come to mind

Official response from DNE Resources

24 February 2021
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're always open to hearing our employees' feedback and are glad to see that all the new challenges that you accepted were fruitful and rewarding. It's definitely important for us to reward and acknowledge hard working individuals and the yearly all inclusive vacation is one way to show appreciation for our employees!

Great place to work when you're young

The workplace environment was young and close knit. Most of the employees would socialize together outside of the office. It was a company that promoted a good work ethic.

Pros

Great location

Cons

Understanding management

Excellent workplace

I enjoy working with DBE Resources and meeting with the people coming from different part of the world.

Pros

Freedom and flexibility

Cons

Can't think of any

productive

Good compensation, and although the hours were long, there was great team work and drive to get sales completed. Also, good opportunity to advance further into the company.

Pros

possibilities of winning free trips

Cons

walking around all day from door to door

Great company

Great company to work for! Very challenging but very rewarding results in the long term. Company vacations, bonuses, events and company culture all add to a great work environment.

Commission Only Door to door

Sales were about 40$ per site. Most reps only managed a sale a day. Only real script that worked was the most scammy one. Focused on the numbers, doesn't matter how. Good vacations/incentives, road trips.

Pros

bonuses

Cons

Long hours, commission only

Great place to work with amazing owners.

Ability to move up at fast pace. Family atmosphere. Great owners to work for who actually care for your well being. Ability to travel not just within Canada, but across the globe.

startup vibe without being a startup

You have a lot of freedom to do what you want and work on what you want. If you are in sales, you can change markets super easily and talk to your manager to use different tactics, like go meet customers in person. The freedom does come with a catch. The management team is young and inexperienced, it can get very clicky and who knows who. If you are not on the same side as the big bosses, you'll be out in no time. That's creates a bit of a stressful vibe.

Pros

freedom, support, sales training

Cons

poor management, commission only salary

Jobs at DNE Resources

See more jobs

happy sales, happy staff

If you are part of the elite group that manages to pull through the stump of the first 6-12 months, you should be golden. I got a second job to cover my basic expenses in the beginning. I'm happy now where I am, but trust me it wasn't a happy road for everyone.

Pros

A lot of money and commissions to be made if you make it

Cons

Being a contractor means a lot of people procrastinate or just don't show up, low morale and office atmosphere

poor management and ethics

just trust me, don't apply for this company. theres no positivity here and its reflected on everyones faces each morning, it really wears on you and you lose your personal life at the same time, 6 day work week required.

Cons

long hours, low pay

it's nice if you like sales

You need to really I mean REALLY like sales to enjoy this job and company. I was new to sales so I didn't know what to expect. Looking back at it, I learned quite a bit. I'm thankful for my manager, salespeople and the company for the opportunity. I just finished my bachelors now and worked here as a summer internship. Great opportunity to get money and credits.

Pros

people, bonus trips, bonuses

Cons

hours, work no matter what weather or day, redundant work

Great Place to Start in Sales

It's a good place to start a career in sales, you get a lot of one-on-one time to learn sales tactics and product knowledge in a cool industry (energy). I found a good job opportunity now so I've moved on, but I'm thankful for everything I've learned at DNE to bring me where I am today. Give it a shot, maybe it will work for you.

Pros

casual fridays, culture, friendly atmopshere, open door policy

Cons

energy products, market conditions, constant shift in priorities

Are you unethical? This is the place for you

Your job as a residential sales agents is to knock on people's doors and sign them to an energy contract that is much higher than the regulated rate. You have to lie to customers and tell them that their bills are actually getting lowered. You have to do this 6 days a week in all weather conditions. You also have no benefits or guaranteed income. This job is 100% commission. You barely make any money and those that do so are obviously lying to customers.The company also talks about ethics and values which is funny because no in this company possesses any.

Cons

long hours, travel, 100% commision

Honest Sales Company

It's not everyday you'll find a genuinely honest sales company that is looking for the better of its staff. I've never seen a company take care of its sales team like DNE, and I've been around the block. Instead of sitting back and just ride the success wave, the senior managers are out there grinding it out to try to rise another phoenix from the ashes. From the culture to the people, this company cares. Yes, there are some growth pains and struggles, which some people may not understand and get frustrated with (a.k.a. pretty much all negative reviews I've read) but quite frankly, they didn't give DNE a real chance.

Pros

managers, team spirit, open door, culture, people

Cons

software systems, project overloading, communication

productive fun place with a table tenis

It is a good place to work. you get to network with lots of people. commission only job so people make unlimited income there

Pros

free chicken wings

Work Hard, Play Hard

If you're goal-oriented, ambitious and very energetic, this may be the place for you. You'll get all the tools you need to be an expert in sales but like anywhere else, there will be setbacks and obstacles along the way. At least the management team here always tries to help you despite the ups and downs because success does not happen here overnight. That's a refreshing change from the other sales companies I've worked for. All those who are successful here and get the big money and promotions are dedicated leaders, they are 110% committed to you.

Pros

- it's a good place to succeed if you're ambitious, - your team and colleagues will have a lot of expertise to help you, - family feel environment, - all-inclusive resort trips for those who qualify (a good amount actually does), - cash bonuses

Cons

- long hours, - straight commission pay structure, if you're not used to it, it could give you a lot of pressure, - if you don't have a passion for sales and interacting with customers, don't waste your time

It's a love hate relationship

You love it because of the culture. I've worked in a bunch of different sales companies, but none are close to matching the culture that is established here. The fact that everyone has a word and I can just suggest things to the CEO and they are considered and sometimes even implemented in a matter of days, that's pretty awesome. Also, the games room is fun during breaks. You hate it because you need to work for your money. It's all about the commissions, so if you're not working hard, nothing will come in for days even sometimes weeks. But the fact that I see my managers succeed and that they teach me the techniques, I see the potential.

Pros

activities inside and outside work like go-karting, 2 bonus trips every year to an all-inclusive, support for management, admins and execs, the family feel

Cons

starting from scratch with a pile of leads is going to be brutal and a long uphill battle, no matter where you work

Fantastic work Culture, great enviroment and always room for advancement.

Dne Resources has the most honest corporate culture I have ever seen and worked with. Fantastic monthly incentives and yearly trips down south. You get to learn a tone about the Energy market across North-America, and continues self development. You have the opportunity to learn something new everyday, even better their is always room for advancement.

Pros

Culture, incentives, office enviroment

Cons

Commision only, lots of ideas on the board but some of them never reach the implementation stage, poor communication

fun until nitty gritty comes out

pay isn't dependable lack of training long hours if working out of town treated like employees when you are independant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DNE Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement