DNE Resources Employee Reviews for Energy Consultant

Reliable Manager
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  1207 - 11th Avenue SW Calgary AB1 October 2017
Great place to work. Had lots of support and friendly interaction with a very professional working staff. Very Empathetic and understanding Director and Manager in all matters.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
No consistent Salary
startup vibe without being a startup
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
You have a lot of freedom to do what you want and work on what you want. If you are in sales, you can change markets super easily and talk to your manager to use different tactics, like go meet customers in person. The freedom does come with a catch. The management team is young and inexperienced, it can get very clicky and who knows who. If you are not on the same side as the big bosses, you'll be out in no time. That's creates a bit of a stressful vibe.
Pros
freedom, support, sales training
Cons
poor management, commission only salary
happy sales, happy staff
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
If you are part of the elite group that manages to pull through the stump of the first 6-12 months, you should be golden. I got a second job to cover my basic expenses in the beginning. I'm happy now where I am, but trust me it wasn't a happy road for everyone.
Pros
A lot of money and commissions to be made if you make it
Cons
Being a contractor means a lot of people procrastinate or just don't show up, low morale and office atmosphere
Great people, fun environment, not for me.
Energy consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
More of the summary, great people, great management, difficult work, especially since it's changed since i left and have no idea what they're doing now.
Great sales experience
energy consultant (Current Employee) –  edmonton17 March 2017
If you want to learn the in's and out's of sales, come here. You will get some training and support from some of the best, especially in the energy industry.
Pros
training, management, support, sales experience
Cons
inconsistent pay will test you, I worked a second job at first
I like it, will you?
Commercial Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary17 March 2017
This is an opportunity unlike anywhere else. People come in here thinking it's a 9 to 5 gig and want to check out. Little do they know, you have the chance to actually build your own business with NO cost—that's something worth trying in my opinion.
Pros
build a business, great support, culture and camaraderie, sales experience
Cons
will test your self-motivation and endurance, slow and inconsistent in company action plans
Do the hustle
Energy consultant (Current Employee) –  montreal6 March 2017
You need to hustle and grind it out to make money here. I'm still trying to see if it's right for me or not. Those who succeed really make good money, you see it around you. Workplace is nicely located, friendly colleagues, and there are dogs. Who doesn't like dogs.
Pros
manager coaching on sales, flexible, dogs
Cons
big commissions, unfrequent payout, hard to budget
New Year New Direction
energy consultant (Current Employee) –  edmonton5 January 2017
I have faith in things turning around in the new year. Sure, there are some rough times in sales right now due to the low energy market, and it frustrates a few, or a lot. But hey, I'm here for the long run so I don't really care what others think or say.
Pros
culture, management, training, colleagues
Cons
software, processes
Great Place to Start in Sales
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC14 December 2016
It's a good place to start a career in sales, you get a lot of one-on-one time to learn sales tactics and product knowledge in a cool industry (energy). I found a good job opportunity now so I've moved on, but I'm thankful for everything I've learned at DNE to bring me where I am today. Give it a shot, maybe it will work for you.
Pros
casual fridays, culture, friendly atmopshere, open door policy
Cons
energy products, market conditions, constant shift in priorities
Are you unethical? This is the place for you
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
Your job as a residential sales agents is to knock on people's doors and sign them to an energy contract that is much higher than the regulated rate. You have to lie to customers and tell them that their bills are actually getting lowered.

You have to do this 6 days a week in all weather conditions. You also have no benefits or guaranteed income. This job is 100% commission. You barely make any money and those that do so are obviously lying to customers.The company also talks about ethics and values which is funny because no in this company possesses any.
Cons
long hours, travel, 100% commision
It's a love hate relationship
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 April 2016
You love it because of the culture. I've worked in a bunch of different sales companies, but none are close to matching the culture that is established here. The fact that everyone has a word and I can just suggest things to the CEO and they are considered and sometimes even implemented in a matter of days, that's pretty awesome. Also, the games room is fun during breaks.

You hate it because you need to work for your money. It's all about the commissions, so if you're not working hard, nothing will come in for days even sometimes weeks. But the fact that I see my managers succeed and that they teach me the techniques, I see the potential.
Pros
activities inside and outside work like go-karting, 2 bonus trips every year to an all-inclusive, support for management, admins and execs, the family feel
Cons
starting from scratch with a pile of leads is going to be brutal and a long uphill battle, no matter where you work
fun until nitty gritty comes out
Independent Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2015
pay isn't dependable
lack of training
long hours if working out of town
treated like employees when you are independant
BBQ every friday
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2015
Morning meeting everyday. Hit the phones and try and close some deals.Everyone from staff to management is so easy to talk to.Hardest part of the job is hearing no. But you ignore it and move on.