DNE Resources Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Commercial Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC6 December 2017
Great company to work for! Very challenging but very rewarding results in the long term. Company vacations, bonuses, events and company culture all add to a great work environment.
Commission Only Door to door
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
Sales were about 40$ per site. Most reps only managed a sale a day. Only real script that worked was the most scammy one. Focused on the numbers, doesn't matter how. Good vacations/incentives, road trips.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Long hours, commission only
Reliable Manager
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  1207 - 11th Avenue SW Calgary AB1 October 2017
Great place to work. Had lots of support and friendly interaction with a very professional working staff. Very Empathetic and understanding Director and Manager in all matters.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
No consistent Salary
Great place to work with amazing owners.
V.P. Of Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
Ability to move up at fast pace. Family atmosphere. Great owners to work for who actually care for your well being. Ability to travel not just within Canada, but across the globe.
Fun and learning work experience
Director (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2017
As part of the upper management, day consists of interviews and team management. Approximately 3-4 interviews and also day is quite busy with keeping up with goals and also troubleshooting ideas of better day.
Pros
High potential of earning
startup vibe without being a startup
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
You have a lot of freedom to do what you want and work on what you want. If you are in sales, you can change markets super easily and talk to your manager to use different tactics, like go meet customers in person. The freedom does come with a catch. The management team is young and inexperienced, it can get very clicky and who knows who. If you are not on the same side as the big bosses, you'll be out in no time. That's creates a bit of a stressful vibe.
Pros
freedom, support, sales training
Cons
poor management, commission only salary
fun work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
A typical day at work duties includes answering phone called responding to email entire data in to the computer system and other various work office duties
Pros
free pizza occasionally
Cons
Not enough working hours
Stress job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
This job does not required any skills other than speaking fluent english and good connection with the customer. What makes this job harder is that, as a salesman, we have to achieve a given target at a period of time. This job is mostly pay by commission, if someone cannot make a contract in a day, then they won't have any profit for that entire day.
Pros
strong co-workers
Cons
stressful
happy sales, happy staff
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
If you are part of the elite group that manages to pull through the stump of the first 6-12 months, you should be golden. I got a second job to cover my basic expenses in the beginning. I'm happy now where I am, but trust me it wasn't a happy road for everyone.
Pros
A lot of money and commissions to be made if you make it
Cons
Being a contractor means a lot of people procrastinate or just don't show up, low morale and office atmosphere
Great people, fun environment, not for me.
Energy consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
More of the summary, great people, great management, difficult work, especially since it's changed since i left and have no idea what they're doing now.
Flexible & Entrepreneurial
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
Have you ever heard of the saying - you are what you eat? Well, a similar saying applies here - you earn what you commit. It takes quite a bit of time to see some steady money come in, I had a second job as a bartender and I recommend you have a second temporary source of income before committing 100% here.
Pros
Full training and admin support, Ask anyone for anything and you will get an answer, Nice office and environment, Freedom
Cons
Managers need to support their team more, Higher-Ups need to get off their saddle and make decisions with the entire team
poor management and ethics
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
just trust me, don't apply for this company. theres no positivity here and its reflected on everyones faces each morning, it really wears on you and you lose your personal life at the same time, 6 day work week required.
Cons
long hours, low pay
Great sales experience
energy consultant (Current Employee) –  edmonton17 March 2017
If you want to learn the in's and out's of sales, come here. You will get some training and support from some of the best, especially in the energy industry.
Pros
training, management, support, sales experience
Cons
inconsistent pay will test you, I worked a second job at first
I like it, will you?
Commercial Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary17 March 2017
This is an opportunity unlike anywhere else. People come in here thinking it's a 9 to 5 gig and want to check out. Little do they know, you have the chance to actually build your own business with NO cost—that's something worth trying in my opinion.
Pros
build a business, great support, culture and camaraderie, sales experience
Cons
will test your self-motivation and endurance, slow and inconsistent in company action plans
Do the hustle
Energy consultant (Current Employee) –  montreal6 March 2017
You need to hustle and grind it out to make money here. I'm still trying to see if it's right for me or not. Those who succeed really make good money, you see it around you. Workplace is nicely located, friendly colleagues, and there are dogs. Who doesn't like dogs.
Pros
manager coaching on sales, flexible, dogs
Cons
big commissions, unfrequent payout, hard to budget
Very poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2017
DNE was excellent, until new management came in. You would leave the office after the morning meeting everyday feeling worthless and not good enough. The money was alright, but it is not worth being treated like garbage.
Cons
The management was incredibly poor and rude.
it's nice if you like sales
sales rep (Former Employee) –  calgary5 January 2017
You need to really I mean REALLY like sales to enjoy this job and company. I was new to sales so I didn't know what to expect. Looking back at it, I learned quite a bit. I'm thankful for my manager, salespeople and the company for the opportunity. I just finished my bachelors now and worked here as a summer internship. Great opportunity to get money and credits.
Pros
people, bonus trips, bonuses
Cons
hours, work no matter what weather or day, redundant work
New Year New Direction
energy consultant (Current Employee) –  edmonton5 January 2017
I have faith in things turning around in the new year. Sure, there are some rough times in sales right now due to the low energy market, and it frustrates a few, or a lot. But hey, I'm here for the long run so I don't really care what others think or say.
Pros
culture, management, training, colleagues
Cons
software, processes
Great Place to Start in Sales
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC14 December 2016
It's a good place to start a career in sales, you get a lot of one-on-one time to learn sales tactics and product knowledge in a cool industry (energy). I found a good job opportunity now so I've moved on, but I'm thankful for everything I've learned at DNE to bring me where I am today. Give it a shot, maybe it will work for you.
Pros
casual fridays, culture, friendly atmopshere, open door policy
Cons
energy products, market conditions, constant shift in priorities
Are you unethical? This is the place for you
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
Your job as a residential sales agents is to knock on people's doors and sign them to an energy contract that is much higher than the regulated rate. You have to lie to customers and tell them that their bills are actually getting lowered.

You have to do this 6 days a week in all weather conditions. You also have no benefits or guaranteed income. This job is 100% commission. You barely make any money and those that do so are obviously lying to customers.The company also talks about ethics and values which is funny because no in this company possesses any.
Cons
long hours, travel, 100% commision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DNE Resources. Our community is ready to answer.