DMC Mining Services

DMC Mining Services Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Tough dirty work, but an experienced electrician will have no problem doing this for the wage provided, which makes up for it. Management is top notch, I would recommend this company to anyone who’s willing to work for their pay, which is excellent.
Many people get let go due to shortage of business, little investment in growth of employees or rewards. A lot of behind the scene politics with senior management leadership.
The pay and benefits are decent. The work atmosphere is very toxic. Morale is quite low. Management is dishonest. There is no job security, unless you have a family member or a friend who works there. The place is rampant with nepotism.

If you don't mind working for a shady company that doesn't care about its employees, this could be the place for you!
Pros
Decent pay / benefits
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, toxic workplace culture
It was a fun environment, very busy everyday . The hardest part of the job was to balance the work load and make sure assignments where done by the deadline.
Proactive safety environment.
Fast-paced work

Excellent compensation and benefits packages

Able to manage my time.

Responsible for varied disciplines
Pros
Excellent work environment; working with a world class client (BHP)
Cons
long hours (2 weeks in/out; 12 hour days), travel to site
A good work place, interesting people. Willing to learn about Project Controls and how they can assist in project and company success. Work ethic good.
Pros
Cons
Long days at times
You are highly disposable there. There is no and I mean NO job security. High turnover rate. They offer lots of money because the word is getting out to not work for them. Worst company I ever worked for. Don't do it
Pros
Cons
Bad management
I am very proud to have worked for this company and in this industry. I learned valuable lessons about safety and how gold is mined and refined. attention to safety was paramount with this company and training was very extensive.
Pros
free food and camp stays
Cons
very dangerous and very long shifts
I enjoyed my time at DMC very much. The bonus and benefits were excellent. There was a high importance placed on safety as well. Good workers were rewarded with additional opportunities.
I was just covering for someone that was off because of surgery.Met some very nice individuals. I enjoyed greeting people when they came in and doing different jobs that was asked of me
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
The interview process is lengthy and inefficent, last 4 months 3 round interviews and reference check and then send you a e-mail saying process termination because no decision. Waste lot of time and energy because no efficient plan and budget at begining. Frustrating.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No plan, no efficient
Safety oriented and results driven. This is a good company to work for, great pay and excellent benefits. Family oriented. Overall good impression.
My experience at other BHP projects has been outstanding. safe, rewarding work.
Jansen is a different story.

My time working under the direction of DMC was only brief. I was yet another casualty of DMC's apparent policy of removing the people that recognize the risks inherent to the job, and are willing to do the right thing.

Personal turnover was high at the time.

The basic expectation of competent supervision was non-existent at DMC.

A JHA was an inconvenience to DMC supervisors.

morning line up is a joke. poor communication and insulting to the professional's in the room.

injuries and damage seem to be just part of the cost of doing business.

If there's been a restructuring of the management team then maybe the DMC project it's worth a look at.

Good luck, and perhaps look before you jump at the job.
Pros
Surrounded by excellent trades people
Cons
Backpack mine is trying to build a mind
A typical work day consists of coding and entering invoices, matching invoices and packing slips, answering emails and phone calls, processing checks.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
long days
It was great to be part of the first Rail-Veyor project in Canada.