DKNY Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Dkny
Greeted customers, checked out customers, added their emails on files, closed at the end of the day; this included counting end of the day cash what is left in the tills, recording UPT,DPT, traffic, leverage etc. Called other locations for size checks.
Stressful place to work with long hours
I worked part time at DKNY and it was extremely stressful as a part time job, considering i was in school while working but the management doesn’t take that into consideration and expects you to work 20+ hours a week and make all your targets. I was pressured to make my goal on my second shift, while i was still training and learning more about the job and products, which was very unfair.
Pros
discount
Cons
Long hours, stressful job, unreasonable pressure to make sales
Great Place
reat place for clothes, especially work out clothes. There's always a sale and a promotion of one sort or another. Staff is friendly and helpful. Amazing place to shop, great value, especially in the sales
Unprofesional and disorganized place to work.
DKNY is not a professional place to work. Management is unprofessional and disorganized.
They don't give you the proper training when you are hired.

Zero product information. Get ready to find out by yourself what's the name of whichever style of jeans because they won't explain.

The store is always messy and they won't really fix it unless a district manager is coming to visit the store. They won't let you fix it either because your role is to be there to sell and just sell. At the end of the day before closing, that's when they send someone to fold.

As any other store, they force you to buy their clothes. You gotta wear the brand. You get 75% off (just for 8 pieces) FROM THE REGULAR PRICE, and 30% off for whatever else you'd like to purchase. Not convenient at all. In other stores you get discounts over discounted prices.

Scheduling: Opens schedules from 9.30 am toll whatever time. Closing is at 9 pm but you stay until 10 or whatever time the manager on duty takes to finish.

Be aware that YOU need to remind them that you need a break. While 15 minutes is what any other company gives you for shifts of 4 hours or less, DKNY won't. They are gonna make you work WITHOUT any short break unless you work more than 6 hours. Then you get 30 m.

The Store Manager is hard working and sales focused. Really flexible at scheduling. Still he seems to be a little impatient and unable to see that the other two managers are Just not doing their job as it should be done. They have zero idea of how to train people or being a leader. The visual manager is terrible. Just go
 - more...
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Forget about the breaks.
A Great company that strives to please their employees as well as customers.
DKNY,
Was an amazing start for me to become a key holder, I had such great support as well as the team was very proactive towards building a wonder environment for customers and employees to feel welcomed.

Being a key holder holds a lot of responsibility, but having the discipline to be able to have things done on time, having a great memory as well as being a great role model for employees was something that was natural for me, only because of the training that I had been given.
Its aright
The management is very unproffesional in canada. Filled with gossip and obvious fake behaviour. Sales are mandatory to make but dont even make commision. Uncomfortable environment.
Good workplace that allowed for rapid growth
I started this job as a part time student sales associate and was quickly able to move into the position of assistant manager. I enjoyed and appreciated having been given the opportunity and acknowledgment to have progressed as quickly as I did. This job allowed me to work around my school hours while I was a student which was appreciated.
Amazing place to not only work but build a career
Working at DKNY was an amazing experience. Being able to build personal relationship with influential leaders such the GM and RM, was a priceless opportunity. in addition, DKNY as a company demonstrated an incredible amount care to not only ensuring the happiness of their employees, but also accommodating and supporting them when needed. DKNY is a company that leads by example when it comes to what a retail company should be doing.
Pros
friendly, rewarding, and fun environment
Cons
not all companies are like this
The only DKNY in Montreal
DKNY is great and very known brand. We had an A-list as costumers but very low traffic. Since is an expensive store we would had to work harder to create a regular list of costumers, and give a very personalize service. The people I work with were great,however the management was a bit out of day and did not had great communication with the head office.
I got to know great people and learn the importance of creating a sort of friendship with costumers.
Pros
great brand
Cons
bad communication between management
if you like fashion and boredom
traffic in this store was so slow that the days seemed to drag on. the owners of the franchise would do most of the tasks like shipping and receiving, tagging etc. leaving nothing for the employees to do but what ended up being standing around waiting for a customer to come in. the owners did not trust the employees and checked in on us almost daily. I felt very uncomfortable working there.
however they did pay me very well compared to other retailers in the mall.

always off late also. shifts were 10-7 or 12:30-9:30.
Pros
sweet paycheque
Cons
everything else