Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 May 2018
Great internship start position for students wanting to learn more about non-profits. Management is extremely kind and caring, and overall a great experience!
Great Place for energetic teens seeking volunteer experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON14 April 2018
A typical day would involve a group of members holding a fundraiser for a charity or going to clean up the neighbourhood. The most enjoyable part would probably be the people and the environment that develops when everybody gets together and does a task together.
Pros
Free lunch, Next to the library
Cons
Too few dates to volunteer
Human rights failures with employees and clients
Human Rights Watchers (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2018
We really do not trust the other reviews, sound like fake. We have red all the comments here of this organisation. A lot of complains about this organisation, check it out 3 human rights complains??? they have a very poor skills dealing with employees and clients.
CAN III google it
Pros
They hire you under contract to treat you that If you dont do what they will bully you
Cons
They want to help you, they are good with clients, but manager are bad with employees. They simple don't care.
An amazing place to work
March Break Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2016
I worked as a March Break Camp Counsellor. I had an amazing time with the kids there. We would play board games, and do crafts daily.
Rewarding Job at the end of the day
NYCE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2015
Working with Dixie Bloor for the last 6 years, I was able to enhance my experience that I got from graduating from George Brown. My job, on a daily basis consists of preparing for the activity that we will be doing with they youth, providing individual services to the youth, and also planning other events such as trips and different agency events.
Different experience, but nonetheless a great workplace
Social Service Worker Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON4 November 2014
A typical day of work at the Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre was greeting clients, answering phone calls and client inquires, scheduling appointments, prepping for upcoming appointments. I learned so much being a student placement at this organization. Some of which included: having to draw the line between empathy and sympathy, how to write case notes, how to conduct interviews, and how to interact with clients who were going through their rough stages. Management and co-workers made working at this organization relaxing and comfortable, they were able to help me without any hesistation and lead me through any procedure step by step. The hardest part of this job would be having to deal with clients and their stressful situations, having to tell them if they were not eligible for our assistance program. However the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help clients who desperately needed the assistance and being told that I made a difference in their lives.
Pros
Free Mental Health and Disability training
Cons
Unpaid Work
Working with children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2014
Helping kids do arts/crafts. Take them for walks. Coworkers are great.
Friendly co-workers
Resource Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2014
A typical day involved planning activites and snack for the toddlers who attend. The children would interact with their caregivers and at times with the resource workers. When asked for resources we would look them up and supply it to the participant.

The most enjoyable part is working and getting to know the different family units. Observing and seeing how each culture is with their child.
Great workplace & friendly staff
Community Service Worker LEAP Program (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ON16 April 2013
Working at Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre was a great experience for me as I learned how to deal with a work crises and learning how to professionally address issues with co-workers using the triangle method. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with aggressive clients who would take you out of your comfort zone but overall it was enjoyable due to making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
great and multicultural staff
Cons
• Provided latest technical and logical ideas to execute existing jobs in a less time consuming manner
Systems Analyst and Network Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2013
• Implemented cost avoidance project for extending life of 50 computers saving approximately $25,000
• Applied process to minimize business downtime for any PCs’ failure and issues
• Executed entire network system and responded to user queries to avoid delays in daily activities
• Played the main role in producing error-free systems
• Controlled Administrative and Security access for employees’ system for downloading and installation
• Developed and implemented new techniques for analyzing systems
• Arranged training for users in accordance with their application software and hardware
• Performed maintenance on Laptops and Desktops; installed software packages to cut down on manual workload
• Organized on-line operating systems in a smooth path through all networks to maintain proper accessibility
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood
Resource Centre Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2012
I volunteered here too for about 6 months to start gathering hours for my application for Humber College. Similar to volunteering at YES, the exposure to diversity