Division 15 Mechanical Ltd. Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Culture, Great People, Great Projects!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2019
I joined Division 15 in 2007 as a Project Manager and was given multiple opportunities to progress into the role of the General Manager. The core company values and friendly, progressive culture that puts people first are what make Division 15 stand out.

Even though the construction industry is not an easy one, Division 15 makes the whole experience fun, enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
People, Culture, Benefits, Projects
Old Fashioned Values, Progressive Views.....
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Head Office15 February 2019
While they are always innovative and progressive in their business views and actions, they maintain old fashioned, people first, values.

At the heart of it all is the people and the culture of respect for one another and the roles they play in the success of the company whether it's a level one apprentice or a senior manager.

Longevity of an employee is a testament to the quality of the work environment and Division 15 proudly has:
13 employees with 1 - 3 years tenure, 20 with 5 - 10 years tenure, 11 with 12 - 15 years tenure and 16 who will hit their one year mark in 2019.

I have watched many people advance from entry level positions to management and level one Apprentices become Foremen.

Sure there are times of longer hours and harder work, as there are at any successful business, but it never goes unrecognized or unappreciated.

On many occasions I have seen this company bend over backwards to assist employees with varying situations/difficulties, be it personal or otherwise, the company always does it's very best to help however possible.

If you are looking for a company that has competitive compensation, provides leadership, promotes work-life balance, offers recognition and rewards, supports continued training and development and promotes from within as well as 100% company paid benefits, deferred profit sharing, loyalty bonuses and many other perks as well as great people to work with, this is your company!
Pros
Culture, recognition, advancement, benefits, great people, great perks
Get ready for a long day
Plumber/Gasfitter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2019
I worked for this company for 3 months and I saw such a lack of respect to new journeyman. The work culture was a typical mechanical company. Who can manipulate the foreman to be his friend. But that's normal at most jobs. However working an 8 hour day with a half hour break wasn't the best. Also, listening to a foreman talking about his crew and then talking behind your back. I have heard about Division 15 from a friend whom told me about a positive work culture. But this company takes the cake. Work is work but being tested, ridiculed, harassed, and forced to do unsafe practices is not normal if you want journey persons to stay with your company. Change the work culture first then journey persons will stay.
Pros
not much, benefits are normal
Cons
working 8 hour day with one break and getting in trouble if you drink water not on your break time
Excellent Employer
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 February 2019
Great company culture and engaged and caring management team.

Some staff work long hours, but work-life balance is encouraged in theory if not always in practice. The management team regularly solicits feedback from staff on how to improve, and is always open to suggestions.

The extended benefits program is sufficient and is 100% paid for by the company, and there is an RRSP program as well as deferred profit sharing.

Working here was the best career move I have ever made, and I plan to stick around long term.
Pros
Competitive Compensation, Great Culture