Division 15 Mechanical Ltd.

Division 15 Mechanical Ltd. Employee Reviews

Jobsite Location: YVR Airport Working hour: 6 - 2 ( can work till 4 if you want) workplace culture: Safety first If you interest in working at the airport, trying to get some extra money for overtime. this is a good chance to join the company.
Very organized and professionally operated company. They has lots of work and they treat their emloyees pretty good. Very safety oriented which is rare.
I have been with Division 15 Mechanical for over 5 years. They gave me an opportunity when I was freshly landed to the country. All the employees (be it from the office or from the job sites) have nurtured and patiently taught me what I needed to know to be successful as a Sr. Project Coordinator. After a 2.5 years of continuous learning and being trusted with more and more responsibility, the management decided to give me a promotion to Project Manager. All the effort you put in are recognized and rewarded. The attitude between colleagues has always been very friendly, with everyone willing to help others with any questions that they may have. The team spirit is encouraged by management, with multiple team building lunches/BBQs/activities organized throughout the year. Work life balance is encouraged: summer hours so people can enjoy more sunshine time with their families, possibilities of working from home when coming to the office may be problematic for whatever reason, winter holiday office break (depending on work loads). As in any construction company, hard work is required. But the work environment and the attitude of the people balance it out.
A great place to work. Friendly, welcoming people, great crews and foremen. Strong benefits of medical, dental and RRSP contributions plus yearly bonuses around Christmas. BBQ's, game nights and company wide breakfast meetings are a few of the gatherings through the year that reinforces that the organization values the team and team bonding. Many potential mentors and coworkers willing to answer questions to help out as you settle in with the company.
Pros
Great people and work/life balance
Cons
I joined Division 15 in 2007 as a Project Manager and was given multiple opportunities to progress into the role of the General Manager. The core company values and friendly, progressive culture that puts people first are what make Division 15 stand out. Even though the construction industry is not an easy one, Division 15 makes the whole experience fun, enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
People, Culture, Benefits, Projects
While they are always innovative and progressive in their business views and actions, they maintain old fashioned, people first, values. At the heart of it all is the people and the culture of respect for one another and the roles they play in the success of the company whether it's a level one apprentice or a senior manager. Longevity of an employee is a testament to the quality of the work environment and Division 15 proudly has: 13 employees with 1 - 3 years tenure, 20 with 5 - 10 years tenure, 11 with 12 - 15 years tenure and 16 who will hit their one year mark in 2019. I have watched many people advance from entry level positions to management and level one Apprentices become Foremen. Sure there are times of longer hours and harder work, as there are at any successful business, but it never goes unrecognized or unappreciated. On many occasions I have seen this company bend over backwards to assist employees with varying situations/difficulties, be it personal or otherwise, the company always does it's very best to help however possible. If you are looking for a company that has competitive compensation, provides leadership, promotes work-life balance, offers recognition and rewards, supports continued training and development and promotes from within as well as 100% company paid benefits, deferred profit sharing, loyalty bonuses and many other perks as well as great people to work with, this is your company!
Pros
Culture, recognition, advancement, benefits, great people, great perks
I am extremely fortunate to have started my professional career with a company that values its employees. I have been working with this company for almost 10 years and plan on staying with them long term. There is opportunity to learn new skills, and professional development is encouraged. Upper management is progressive and open to new ideas. Work-life balance is promote at Division 15. An example would be our summer hours, where we are encouraged to leave early during the summer to enjoy the sun. Of course this is assuming all required work is completed. The days can be busy/long but variety of interesting work makes the days pass quickly. The best part of the job is potential for personal growth. Not only have a I learned technical skills, but this position has greatly improved my interpersonal skills as well. It is a position where I will never get bored, and am always feeling engaged.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Occasional long hours/stress
I worked for this company for 3 months and I saw such a lack of respect to new journeyman. The work culture was a typical mechanical company. Who can manipulate the foreman to be his friend. But that's normal at most jobs. However working an 8 hour day with a half hour break wasn't the best. Also, listening to a foreman talking about his crew and then talking behind your back. I have heard about Division 15 from a friend whom told me about a positive work culture. But this company takes the cake. Work is work but being tested, ridiculed, harassed, and forced to do unsafe practices is not normal if you want journey persons to stay with your company. Change the work culture first then journey persons will stay.
Pros
not much, benefits are normal
Cons
working 8 hour day with one break and getting in trouble if you drink water not on your break time
Great company culture and engaged and caring management team. Some staff work long hours, but work-life balance is encouraged in theory if not always in practice. The management team regularly solicits feedback from staff on how to improve, and is always open to suggestions. The extended benefits program is sufficient and is 100% paid for by the company, and there is an RRSP program as well as deferred profit sharing. Working here was the best career move I have ever made, and I plan to stick around long term.
Pros
Competitive Compensation, Great Culture
Daily activities included tracking change orders and project documentation. Learned the ins and outs of plumbing and hvac systems. Worked on some incredible projects with the industries best trades. Management was often a challenge but overall a great place to work. The people were definitely the best part of the company.
Pros
Incredible Projects
Cons
No growth for my career